Author Topic: Noopept Trials  (Read 8264 times)

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Noopept Trials
« on: February 26, 2013, 05:10:41 PM »
I know a handful of us are experimenting with Noopept.  This thread is dedicated to people's experiences/trials/etc so we may all benefit as much as possible from this.  Please contribute for the sake of the Eboka community.  It seems as if this promising new drug could augment some of the damage we have done to our chemistry over the years. 

Blue Tiger Noopept Trials:
I am doing 2 months on, 1 month off cycles.  I take 40 milligrams in the morning, and 20mgs in the afternoon mixed into a tincture bottle with vodka for convenience. 

Positives: 
1.) The focus is almost never-ending (and I know how to turn my brain off....).  I am on day 15 and I can certainly tell that the effects are building. 
2.) I do feel more self confidence from having a laser focus. 
3.)  Memory and focus go hand in hand, so even though I still cannot remember what I am talking about mid story sometimes (very difficult for me to gauge memory increase), I still have to attribute this ultimate focus to an increased ability for recall.   

Neutral: I sleep an extra hour or so. 

Negatives: 
1.) My appetite has changed dramatically.  I no longer crave breakfast and I don't get hungry for lunch unil 2-3pm.  This is not good in my book, especially for me since I am trying to implement healthy routines.  THC and I are close, and I quit cigarettes, so I should be hungry all the time.  Now my appetite has dwindled.  I was SO FOCUSED on what I was trying to accomplish today, I hadn't realized the effect that my lack of appetite (and not eating) was having on me.  I knew things were not right when I wasn't getting anything done, and feeling deadish an hour ago.  So I grabbed a banana and a protein bar and quickly feel much better. 

CAUTION: Don't forget to maintain your nutrition throughout the day, as Noopept may distract you (curb your appetite) from your basic needs like consciously hydrating and nourishing oneself.  I have not had any headaches.  Overall, very pleased so far with my trials. 

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 08:09:04 PM by BlueTiger »

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
Re: Noopept Trials
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 02:46:22 AM »
I'm about 5 weeks into noopept and it still continues to amaze me on a daily basis
now starting to feel deeper changes in brain processing, flow, memory
in addition to the early focus, clarity, concentration

will report more in depth soon
and also my experiences with its interacting with vinpocetine and sulbutiamine
and it interaction with ibogaine and ayahuasca
" . . . THE ONLY WAY TO VALIDATE YOUR EXISTANCE IS TO ACCEPT THE REALITY OF YOUR NON-EXISTANCE . . . "

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 04:11:11 AM »
In addition to all aspects of noopept increasing as time goes on
i am noticing a bizarre (and if true - INCREDIBLE) effect

the noopept is enhancing my memory to such a point
that the on and off 2 years of microdosing is so clear in my memory
that it is as i am currently experiencing the effects of the microdosing

if feels as if I AM MICRODOSING
with none of the toxicity of heaviness of long term microdosing

if true
then a cyle schedule of 2 months noopept followed by 1 month rootbark
kept up for a year or more
should have
shattering results

j ! b ! g !
" . . . THE ONLY WAY TO VALIDATE YOUR EXISTANCE IS TO ACCEPT THE REALITY OF YOUR NON-EXISTANCE . . . "

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 12:26:43 PM »
wow - that is great news. If this works then it will help conserve Iboga.

If we get results from this experiment:

http://eboka.info/index.php?topic=1738.msg14632#msg14632

then a combination of the two could be off the charts.

How much are you taking each day?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:13:45 PM by entheo_newbie »

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 04:35:27 PM »
This drug is showing a lot of promise so far for just about every aspect of the day.  I am day 18 and it's hard to believe it only gets better.  I went from being nervous about returning to work FINALLY after many months.....to having the confidence that I could tackle just about anything I set my mind to....   :)

That confidence leads to a feeling of calmness and stability, which is nice when we tend to spend time in the eye of the storm.

Please also feel free to share any psychedelic experiences you have had that you believe Noopept has enhanced, and how...  It has not shown me any more synergy with entheogens than does fungi with low dose Iboga (great synergy).  It may have enhanced a DMT trip, but I am too new to tell.  I would really value your feedback on this in addition to the non drug related life enhancement!!     ;D

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 02:57:42 PM »
Dropping science: If anyone has access to full articles, please share if you are willing.  The information is invaluable to this community I think.......I just can't spend the $ on one particular article at the moment.....

http://lib.bioinfo.pl/find?field=Papers&query=GVS+111

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11548439

« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:35:39 PM by BlueTiger »

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 04:28:41 PM »
After reading the book Super Brain and learning that you can generate new nerve cells and that new synapses and neural circuits create neuroplasticity in the brain, Noopept seemed like the obvious choice to help those changes come about. It also seems to be a good compliment to the rewiring that Iboga does.

So I've been taking 30mg Noopept each morning for about a week.

I felt the effects the very first day. What eucalyptus does to clear out my nasal passages, Noopept does to my brain - it really clears any brain fog. The clarity is amazing.

For me, it seems to have stimulated my appetite - I can barely make it to lunch time without hunger pangs. I also get very drowsy in the afternoon for about an hour - I actually fell asleep at my desk the other afternoon.

I was on a conf call the other day and had to think about some technical protocol that I hadn't even thought about in 13 years and it was like I had instant recall. I was also able to present this data clearly without saying "er" "um" all the time - it was like I had the information on a screen in front of me and was just reading it off. I didn't even know this topic was going to come up on the call.

On a lighter note, I'm not having as many senior moments and am doing much better when watching "Jeopardy"! Final Jeopardy seems a lot easier now!

I also notice a drive to get things done - finish up little projects at home that I've been putting off - so productivity has definitely increased.

Can't wait to see how things are after a month on this dose.

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 09:24:56 PM »
What an endorsement!  Thanks for sharing entheo!

The long term synergy it has with Iboga brain surgery is what is fascinating me. 

I am currently studying the NMDA receptor sites, trying to figure out what happens in the brain when NMDA antagonists (Iboga) and NMDA agonists (Noopept) are administered at the same time or Noopept after Iboga treatment. 

Today I combined about 400mg of bark with my Noopept dose and the level of awareness was unforgettable.  I am just not sure about the long term effects of this combo, so it was only an experiment for today until further notice  ;)

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 12:26:59 PM »
So I started getting headaches and decided to split my 30mg dose into two 15mg doses - one in the morning and one in the evening. Still got headaches and one of them woke me up at 4am and was no fun at all.

Decided to quit taking it for a couple of days and everything returned to normal. I now just take 15mg as soon as I get up in the morning and that seems to be a good dose for me (taken with Shilajit).

Old memories (from before some of you were even born!) are still coming back very vividly - like from 30 years ago - stuff I haven't thought about in ages. Hard to explain the sense of clarity I have but I like it!

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 04:07:03 PM »
Wonderful to hear entheo_newbie, thanks for posting!

Always be frequently checking with yourself and how you are feeling when starting new regimens. 

I am so glad you found the right dose for you!  Nice work and enjoy the trials!!  Keep sharing please!

I originally planned on doing Noopept for 2-3 months before taking the month break.  I started to feel a weird twitching too close to my heart yesterday.  I have been on 60mgs a day (split up between 2-3 doses daily), which was great for me until yesterday (never had a headache from it...).  It was certainly from the Noopept, as I tested it and felt it again as soon as I dosed. 

Today is day 1 without Noopept, and it is evident that the positive changes it caused in my brain over the last month (i.e. NGF & BDNF growth stimulation), have stuck.  It reminds me of Iboga in that way.  Forewarning: These are both NMDAR agonists and antagonists and I am still trying to figure out the relationship.  Apparently, it is theorized that glutamate excess can lead to psychosis....or something along those lines.  I am bit frustrated with my inability to wrap my head around some of these concepts.  I wish to develop relationships with people with backgrounds in nueroscience, psycho-pharmacology, biology....I personally prefer to bridge the gap in comprehension.

So far today, I have smoked very little pot, MD'ed about 1.2 grams of bark over the day as an anti-depressant and stimulant.  It has served both of those purposes EXTREMELY well so far today!  No lethargy from stopping Noopept.  The MDing bark is more powerful and detectable at this point on my path.  Day 1, 2nd cycle of RBing after 1 month of Noopept.  Ha!!  I love it!! 

I was very "down" yesterday due to some external factors as well, but the light is shining BRIGHT today! 

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 04:43:41 PM »
Well, usually, I find myself having quite a large tolerance which can be a problem with Aya, Iboga etc so it was surprising to me to have to scale back on the Noopept but as is often stated  here, there's no normal dosage - we all have our individual responses.

I agree with the whole agonist antagonist confusion - just when I think I have it understood, I lose it again.

I think we may have to start our own branch of neuroscience to deal with this particular combination of supplements and plant teachers! Would be an interesting class that's for sure.

Glad to hear you're feeling better today - take care and take it easy

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 11:20:35 AM »
SO I have been on this noopept stuff for close to two weeks now.  I have also taken up drinking coffee every day so I am not sure which I am feeling more.  I also have noticed my appetite increased by a lot, I am eating like three meals a day! (sometimes a large snack too)  I used to usually eat once a day, but I could be replacing all of those calories from the beer I liked to drink at night with real food, imagine that!  I think I like it, but I am not taking a super high dose.  The thing I have noticed the most are my very long and vivid dreams.  Last night I dreamt about giving this dude who looked just like Skrillex, Iboga.  I have also noticed it is a bit harder for me to wake up in the am.   I just took my am dose and yes, I do feel the focus right away.  I will report back if I notice any other effects.

lala