Author Topic: introducing my iboga plants  (Read 6184 times)

Offline WisdomSeeker

• View Profile
Re: introducing my iboga plants
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 08:02:20 AM »
They aren't setting any pods being set but they are still flowering like crazy. Maybe there isn't a particular pollinator around here for them. I'd figure once more and more flowers open at once maybe it will attract the pollinators. Flowers are pretty deep and small or I'd try self pollinating them. Was not wanting to hurt the flowers in case they set pods but so far nothing.

Offline yohimb223

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 10:01:28 AM »
  On some pictures of plants the pods look like green/red peppers. Wonder if they are edible and/o cookable with flavor? I need to try starting some plants....

Offline Rintrah

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 02:01:44 PM »
Inspiring!

Offline moyshekapoyre

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 12:32:23 AM »
Hmm, round pod seeds, eh?
Maybe I can get my friend in Gabon to throw those in the next shipment. How many would you want? Any special way to pack them or preserve them during shipment?

Offline WisdomSeeker

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 04:32:52 PM »
Thanks for the offer man! I hadn't stopped in here for awhile. Still have not located round pod iboga seeds. Spoke to a guy whom has some and he promised someday to send some if he ever gets fruits. My plants still profusely flower with no set. After much research I've figured its the age. I've heard other growers say theirs flowered constantly for years until 4-5 years old until they finally set fruit. Mine are close...probably over three years old or pretty damn close to three years.

Still growing it but still not yet actually tried iboga. Due to being in the states I cannot find a source. Furthermore I'd rather source from ethically harvested suppliers if that's even possible. Funny thing was I tried to go to iboga world to see if they'd ship and they said yes. So I promptly went to buy but didn't realize my card had a fail safe against large over seas charges! So shortly after I thought I had bought my bark I got a call from the bank asking if I had made a large purchase to iboga world over seas! So I said nope what's that stuff and had them cancel it lol! After that I've had cold feet about trying again...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 04:42:23 PM by WisdomSeeker »