Author Topic: How does Iboga cause heart issues?  (Read 48 times)

Offline thought_machine

• View Profile
How does Iboga cause heart issues?
« on: April 11, 2018, 04:48:09 AM »
I have looked into this quite a few times but can't find a definitive answer. It seems that in the instances in which Iboga/Ibogaine has been identified as sole cause of death (i.e. not because the patient has been in withdrawal from opiates or any other risk factors), deaths have occured because it has affected patients hearts. I would like to understand exactly what Iboga does to the heart (i.e. does it make the heartbeat irregular, make it slow down etc)?

What I would like to understand is how it affects the heart, ie. what chemical within Iboga is responsible for affecting the heart and is this risk associated with all formulations (ie. root bark, TA, HCL) or is it less likely to occur with specific formulations, such as Ibogaine HCL? Also, is the risk of heart problems also likely to occur if taking Voacanga Africana as an alternative to Iboga?

Could risk of heart problems be ameliorated by taking for example, magnesium taurate or magnesium orotate alongside the treatment (magnesium is essential for the heart and these types are specifically useful for stopping things like irregular heartbeat etc?) Presumably the Iboga spirit would be more attuned to something natural like magnesium which most people lack in their diet, rather than some pharmacological heart drug which could adversely affect the treatment?