Author Topic: Microdosing fun ..  (Read 24931 times)

Offline riverhaven

• View Profile
Microdosing fun ..
« on: July 08, 2010, 08:57:15 PM »
Or not, depending on the day.  I started really slow at 100 mg and that was like nothing.  So the next day was 200 and I was starting to notice a change in mood.  Oh, this is rootbark I am using.  I did 250 the next day and definitely got the buzzing of iboga-- so that told me the stuff IS good. 

But today-- I am NOT feeling well.  I have sphenoid sinusitis, we had to switch antibiotics twice now and I feel awful-- now I have bronchitis and I am having a whole lot of trouble seeing-- typing was hard til just a bit ago.  So this isn't good.  I saw well enough last night when I weighed out my dose-- 250-- but I got sick today on it.  Not vomit- but sick to my stomach for a long time and lots of aches.  Is this the microdosing or the sinusitis going bad??  As a doc I know I have to go get seen tomorrow with the visual changes.  It's been going on all day-- my eyes are all red and puffy.  I've used artificial tears all day. 

I sure don't want to give up my micro experiment.  I think I need an ongoing source of ibogaine and the booster just didn't last long enough.  I am feeling so yucky and I sure don't want to spill my guts to my doc or any hospital docs that what I am doing and why....

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Re: Microdosing fun ..
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 09:45:33 PM »
River, you have my sympathy.  I had chronic sinusitis while working at a dusty location.  The pain was intense and continual; the pressure blurred my vision, too.

Unless you have a very tender tummy, I seriously doubt that 250mg of RB by itself would be making you uncomfortable or sick.  Perhaps it's the combination with the antibiotics  --  or just the antibiotics, for that matter.

Iboga often does tell us if we are consuming something unhealthy.  People give up all sorts of things after using iboga, maybe it's telling you those antibiotics are not a good thing?  It could be time to switch antibiotics again.  You know what they say:  "Third time's the charm."

Now that I have quit smoking, I can clearly smell iboga on my breath and body.  I have noted that the scent persists for days after taking only small amounts of RB (<1g) for a couple of days in a row.  So, I wouldn't worry about skipping 2 - 3 days or cutting back to only 100mg, some will remain in your system and be doing its job.

I admit, that isn't scientific, just my own perceptions.   I hope I have helped in some way.

I sure hope you're feelin' better real soon!        ~eon

Offline riverhaven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 09:57:06 PM »
Thank you

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 10:02:27 PM »
Hey river- what's the source of the root bark? There was some questionable material circulating not too long ago that seemed to generate some of these symptoms: namely the red and swollen eyes, etc.

IME I can 'feel' little on root bark unless I do a few grams. REAL good bark can prick my ears and have me noticing it around the one gram range, but these are very minuscule effects at those doses. Iboga is cumulative and seeing trails or bursts of light isn't uncommon, especially at night time. It is not unusual to microdose during the day and have no visuals until that evening.

Could all be coincidence and you are just having a rough time with sinuses like you said, whatever the case may be - I hope you get to feeling better soon.
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Nganga Nobunoni +

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 11:51:07 PM »
What colour is the rootbark when finely ground ???

I wish you a speady recovery brother!

Blessings' healing and light'

Nobu +

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 12:07:50 AM »
Cal, I doubt that even if River is doing the "questionable material" that she has done enough to affect her eyes.  I used 9g of that batch in micro and mini doses without eye problems.  She has only used 800mg so far  --  not very much.

Remember, your bro had the equivalent of 30 - 40g of RB.  How long were his eyes red?  Did they get puffy at all?

~et

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 12:57:52 AM »
Ok Eon, just checking. My brother only did like 2g of the extract - got heavy ataxia and bloodshot eyes for several hours, and that was about it. I'm sure you're right on about this - I didn't mean to freak anyone out or have them second guessing their shit  :-\. Just being curious I suppose. We may strike those comments from the record...I'm sure it's all good. :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 01:00:03 AM by calaquendi »

Offline riverhaven

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 01:18:08 PM »
No striking comments from any records-- I HATE that--- there is something to learn from every post written!!!

Well I am back to loving my microdosing--- I used a wee bit less than 200mg today and got my pleasant ear buzzing- nothing more.  The new antibiotics, which gave me diarrhea so severe I probably spent 4 solid hours on the toilet last night 9 (I know, TMI-- but docs talk like that LOL), has also cleared up my sinusitis and eyes somewhat.  I feel soooo much better today.  I can do things...I can see!! 

My RB is iboga world and is a light tan finely ground and I do mean finely--  it's like baby powder. 

What I want from the microdosing is a mood improvement to help curb cravings.  I am not far enough sober that I don't think of using daily and plus being a chronic pain patient-- I can usually find a "good" reason to use.  I think the 200 mg is just right for me.  Thanks everyone

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 02:20:09 PM »
No striking comments from any records-- I HATE that--- there is something to learn from every post written!!!

...good on you, Doc!  :D

I'm glad this regimen is working for you - my brother is using a similar protocol right now and things are looking up. I think there are so many ways we can benefit from this mighty tool - it's good to see different approaches working!

Offline niceboat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 02:25:53 PM »
River,

you may find this thread interesting
https://dmt-nexus.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=13055

Soon I will join you at microdosing lovely Iboga  8)

Nganga Nobunoni +

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 03:53:31 PM »
Nice one' all good to hear' the crap woods was kind of red' and very bitter'
The taste of Iboga becomes sweet when you diet it' it seems that the bitter taste is a reaction to toxins in the body'

Blessings and Light

+NNM+

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 05:56:56 PM »

Hi All,

It would be nice to know who sold the bad
stuff.  I know of a guy who got ripped off
from Shaman Extracts and SE must of lost
thousands of dollars of business and
rightfully so.

Roy

Offline riverhaven

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 11:37:41 AM »
Thanks for the link--- it was interesting reading until I read what caapi tea is-- I don't like psychedelic drugs at all.  LOL my shrink, Harry who did every drug known to man in Vietnam just can't believe I don't want to leave my body and fly thru the sky... well I don't LOL....

I don't know-- I am getting ickier nose snot, I have a worse headache and the eyes are still bloodshot-- but I can see.  I just can't decide if I am getting better or not.  It's damn serious having sphenoid sinusitis as it is in your brain--- if it busts-- you get a brain infection.  Just the pressure alone in the sinus causes all the eye problems and the headaches.  But if antibiotics don't work-- you get brain surgery... not something I really want to do.  But at this point I am thinking of trying to see my doc earlier in the week than I was... or going to the ER if my vision gets all blurry again.

In any case-- this morning I tried the 200 mg again- got a bit of nausea which was gone in about an hour--- and otherwise my mood, despite being so sick sure isn't bad.  I do think this microdosing works!  I also don't want narcotics... usually having a bad headache would make me take at least 3 or 4 Darvocets LOL...So it works on cravings too.  I do think that given what Sassy found in her research that at the three week mark micro-dosers get "wired"-- I want to get no where near the three week mark.  I plan to dose for 2 weeks then off one week.

Offline riverhaven

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 12:18:31 PM »
I am wondering what the iboga guru's here think-- and yes, I know microdosing is very new.... but what if I took 150 mg in the morning and another 100 mg in the early afternoon.   Early enough to not ruin my sleep--- but far enough separated from the morning dose to have me avoid the nausea.  Yes-- I know you can avoid the nausea via enema but I am just not wanting to try that LOL....

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 12:58:31 PM »
Well, I'm no iboga guru, but...

I think that the nausea will probably go away after a few more doses unless the antibiotics are part of the problem.  In your first post you did not report any nausea with 250mg, why is it different now?

How about dosing the iboga first thing in the AM and then waiting a couple of hours before taking the antibiotics?  Even if you only do it once, that would tell you if the antibiotics are part of the problem.

Are you taking it on an empty stomach?  A little food may help  --  they give iboga root with plantains in Africa, do you like bananas?

As for splitting the doses, since ibogaine gets deposited in adipose tissue, you should be able to maintain the ibo glow by taking divided doses IF you are getting enough total alkaloids to accumulate.  And that will depend to some degree on your metabolism.

You may be joking about the enemas, but someone on the vox list proposed a recipe for making iboga suppositories.  As I recall, he suggested mixing it with cocoa butter and keeping the doses in a refrigerator until used.  You could put all your problems with nausea behind you.  (Gak!  What a terrible pun, huh?)    ;D

~et