Author Topic: Advice for beginner.  (Read 19201 times)

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
Advice for beginner.
« on: November 25, 2010, 11:52:59 AM »
Hello there.

Ive never took Iboga before.
Im saving some money for a flood dose with someone experienced. Whilst im waiting, do you think its worth trying some Iboga in smaller dosages?
Is there any benefit to this? Or should i just sit tight and save my money - and put it towards the flood dose?

If you think its worth trying some beforehand, what do i buy?  - As there seems to be a few options. The root bark? Grounded root bark? HCI?  TA? Or maybe the Tincture?
Is there anything i need to do to prepare for a flood dose?  It wont be for a few months yet, but any suggestions/advice is much appreciated.

Thanks, crazylife.

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
Re: Advice for beginner.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 01:58:57 PM »
I enjoy small doses of iboga.  It's nice to get to know it slowly, as it can help you feel much more safer when the time comes and the feeling isn't totally alien to you.  I like dosing 2-4 grams of bark a day for up to a week, even, but by the end of the week, I'll have been tripping the whole time.  It's mild and manageable for me, but having tasks that require extreme focus or concentration take a minute getting used to and it can slightly heighten anxiety in these more stressful situations.  If you can relax, the trip is very enjoyable, but again, it becomes easy to get agitated in the state when you need to focus on something to complete a task. 

I'll wake up and go to sleep with a mild buzz, including seeing trails and a body buzz.  I wake up and see white zig-zagged lines around everything.  I think it's pretty cool, but people who have a 9-5 job that require focusing on things may want to see how they react on a day off before taking a dose and trying to work. 

My suggestion is it would be fine to get some bark, since that is probably one of the cheapest ways, for getting to know iboga and for boosters.  But I would invest in a fair bit of HCl or PTA/TA for the actual flood.  Getting in enough bark to get to a full flood is rather unpleasant by most accounts.  And definitely save up to get as much extra as you can afford, because unfortunately some of us need more than we expect, and once you are in the middle of a flood and run out without having enough, it really can be disappointing.  Having extra for boosters as needed will greatly improve your chances at reaching your goal, especially if it for kicking an addiction. 

Iboga is a good tool and medicine, useful in more ways than addiction help, and getting to know it intimately, and how it works for you, is very important to getting what you want out of it.  Iboga wants to work with you, so you need to listen and learn how to work with it.  It will tell you if you let it.  Anyways, that's my take on it..
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 03:46:01 PM »
Crazylife - great to hear from you man, I agree with GD about getting to know iboga, however these doses he is talking about are on the high side of microdosing to most (normal) people  :). I'd work my way up in smaller increments unless you're a 'hard head' when it comes to psychedelics, plus if you are on opiates you will need to take that into consideration. I would recommend using the bark in the 1 gram range, increasing it by the gram until you are where you desire to be. The bark is very safe material, especially at these low doses, but like he said if you have things to do which require your concentration, iboga can make this difficult. Plus using it on a daily or even semi-regular basis will build up in your system. The effects are cumulative. I think familiarizing one's self with iboga is certainly worthwhile, but not absolutely necessary, and bark is probably the best and cheapest way to do so.

What are your reasons for flooding? Is it for addiction interruption? You asked about pre-flood preparations and learning the reasons for your endeavor will help us discuss the particulars. There should be a good amount of preparation involved - having a capable and experienced sitter not least, and there are physical and environmental considerations as well. For example if doing this for addiction reasons, you will want to consider tapering off your drug of choice to minimize risks and maximize the chances for success of the ibogaine. Also your dosing for the flood may need to be adjusted according to your physical characteristics (weight, tolerance, etc) If doing this purely for psycho-spiritual reasons the protocol may be different. We'll be happy to help in any way we can, let us know your plans and we can work together!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 03:56:16 PM by calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 04:02:34 PM »
I agree with Cal and GD on getting to know the most potent plant spirit in this galaxy before diving in.  I have to go with Cal as far as taking a very minute amount the first several times, really the more microdosing the better for your preperation.  As you might know GD is the stud Ebokian of the bunch so 3-4 grams for him might totally knock your socks off the first time out (personally 3.5 gr RB took me out for nearly a week my first time out).  I would go with at most 300mg your first time out and not go up to 500mg until you feel somewhat comfortable, believe me you will feel it.  It is such a unique plant spirit that it differentiates itself completely from anything else in your system making it very obvious to you on a real conscious level.  Glad you've come aboard the great fleet of reincarnated bwiti family of pygmy anscestory.

Welcome to the reunion of Ultimate Healing where we make doctors look like Neanderthals and Shaman's reclaim their seat of paradise.
-IP

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 02:20:41 AM »
Wow, awesome replys. Thanks to you all.  :)  Root-Bark it is then.  8)

My story is this. The reason i feel like Iboga will help me - Suffered extreme abuse from birth to 7. Totally dissociated my whole life (functioning like a robot, totally un-aware of my past). I hit 31 years old, and i have a massive fit/breakdown. Spent the next 4 years integrating with the help of emdr/hynotherapy.
Now ive hit a brick wall.
And i truely believe (from the reading i have done) that this could be the answer. To free me from my past, enough so that i can live a good life.
Im aware that it could bring up alot more things (in fact im hoping it will) that will be hard to face.

Pre-breakdown i was addicted to everything BUT drugs! My coping mechanisms had to be subtle enough for me to be able to stay in denial. So i was an alcoholic - i covered it up as seeing myself as a 'sociable drinker'. I was obssessed with food - both extremes (eating mega healthy, then binging) . I was a fitness freak, then the next minute someone craving for 2 pizza's and a garlic bread.
I was also addicted to abusive relationships (me the victim).

So basically my whole life has been 1 big joke. 35 years wasted. So much effort put it, for no reward.
Still.... im an extremely positive determined person (somehow). 

Sorry for the personal life story!

Offline sister

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 09:28:48 AM »
Welcome.....

I had a pretty rough childhood myself, raised by addicts, in fact I was born an addict.  I was not aware of this till my later yrs.  For me.... the iboga did help me let go of anger and all that goes with it.  Don't get me wrong.. this is not a passive endeavor.  I still have to work at things like isolation and depression.

I agree with the above with RB.  We all have different ideals on doses but middle road to start with then listen to your body.  WELCOME and good luck.
life is a bowl of fruit, once clean

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »
Thanks for your post Sister.

I just have a couple more questions -  Grounded root park or Cut root bark? Does it matter?
Is it best to use the cut root bark so you can spend time chewing it in the mouth?
How long does the root bark stay active for? I want to buy some from another country and i dont want to buy too much, unless it stays active for a year or two.

Thanks, crazylife.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 02:15:14 PM by crazylife »

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 02:35:36 PM »

Hi Crazy,

The rootbark can sometimes come as a fine powder like from IbogaWorld.com.  You may be better off putting them in a capsule and taking them for it does not taste that good.  You can get capsuls from the health food store or online or buy something you do not need that is cheap and comes in big caps and empty the caps and fill with RB.

Be sure it is Root Bark  - not ground root.  If the price is too low do not buy it.

Roy

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 04:46:07 AM »
Hi Roy,

So theres no benefit from chewing it? (like sublingual effect?) IbogaWorld sells them already in capsules, which is handy.

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 04:47:11 PM »
root bark is very , very bitter and chewing it could prove difficult .
you could gag from this and lose the whole load .
usually once it starts comming up it doesnt stop till most/all of it (woods) is up and out .
 the most biiter, gagging taste i have known to date is the flavor of which is an Eboka purge .
- bee aka hp and cbh

Offline roy d

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 05:22:07 PM »

Hi Crazylife,

You can chew the bark and get a little something but it is bitter.  IW sells it and it has been ground to a fine powder and easy to put into caps.  As value for the buck I would go with the deal where you buy five grams or something like that.

BTW, I hope you don't think I was being sarcastic when I started my last reply saying Hi Crazy for I did not intend to insult you or anything.

Also, I reread you letter and you had some issues in your childhood that you hope can be resolved, right?  I really do not think it can be done with bark alone.  It may be that you need a real treatment with a flood dose.  Why not ask the forum and see what they say.  There is a lot of experience on this site.  Sometimes people go to extremes like an overachiever and sometimes  break down.  I used drugs but also took vitamins, guess it is a type of yin-yang of sorts.

Best to ya,

Roy

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 01:36:20 AM »
harveyplex - Thanks for the advice man. Mmmmmmm, so basically capsules with powder sounds the best bet. (if i bother trying to do anything on my own).

Roy - No offence taken.  8) :)  Yeah, a flood does sounds like it will be the best bet at helping me. Ive been the over-achiever myself. And i brokedown around 3 years ago, and lost everything id worked for. Im sure it happens to alot of survivors as they reach their 30's and their past starts creeping up on them. Very sad.

Im inpatient!  (thats the problem!) I want to be 'normal' now! (whatever that is). I want to do things in my best intrest, and live a good life! Im hoping Iboga can re-program me from all these self-destructive habits that ive had for 35 years, or at least make me aware of why i do the things i do - so i can change.

I get pretty obssesive when i think something could be the answer. Had every type of therapy etc etc. Im trying to keep my feet grounded this time.

Offline roy d

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 09:45:36 AM »

HI CL,

You have tried the others ones by all means try this one.  There have been people that have been to rehab to rehab and Ibo helps.  Now in an earlier post you talked about destructive behavior, I'm not sure but many people and news articles have said that people claim it is like 20 years of therapy in a day or week, whatever.  I hate SSRIs but that is just me, If your taking anything of the *RIs drugs make sure you wait a week or better two before doing it.  You know to have a good trusted friend there, right?  When they say DIY they mean do it yourself with a sitter not when home alone.

This just might be what you looking for, read all you can and ask any questions you many have for there are nice folks here to help ya.  Oh, you know that, that's right.  See, I wouldn't put ya on.

Wishing you all the luck,

Roy

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 11:42:14 AM »
Hi Roy,  8)

Nope ive not been on SSRI's - My shrink thought (rightly imo) it would slow down my memory recovery/integration from all the trauma, so thought it to be unnessercary.
Unfortunatley i havent really got any friends i trust. Pre-breakdown i would of claimed i had 8-10 really good friends (i actually saw myself as being pretty lucky in that department - proper friends, not facebook buddies).
Back then i was working, had a good job, house etc etc - the only stuff that most people admire. As soon as a brokedown and confided to these people (wish i hadnt of), they ran for the hills!
I live with my dad, who i trust, but i wouldnt want to put him through watching me go through that.
So i think i will wait to get treatment by someone.
Theres a lady in holland thats an option, and a bloke in HULL whos on holiday atm.

The only slight worry i have is that i had a raised LFT this last year (ALT=96). Got disanosed with fatty liver (nash). Have since lost 2 stone, and changed my diet totally, and my liver function has returned to totally normal.
From what ive read the Iboga is a big body load, especially on the liver.
Thanks, CL.

Offline roy d

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 01:57:56 PM »

Hi CL,

You have a very smart shrink for them people like to write for pills whether you need them or not.

If you do not have any real friends the lady in Holland will be an excellent choice.  I have heard good stories from everyone who went there, never a bad word.  She has people in her home that come from all over the world.  Ya think the Dr and scientists would want to talk to her, make her the director of some clinic.  I doubt if she has a Dr degree, just experience and a great track record.  Depending on your funds it may be better go and see her for she is experienced in many detox and treatments.  Maybe you could write to her and tell her what you are looking for if you have not done so.

If not there you can go to Canada or Mexico or go to a sitter or sometimes one will come to you.  Let's use know before you go and we send good vibes your way.

Best,

Roy