Author Topic: What to do between stopping suboxone and flood dose??  (Read 14415 times)

Offline ready2stop

• View Profile
Re: What to do between stopping suboxone and flood dose??
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2012, 08:58:24 PM »
Do not let my experience deter you at all.  With my flood attempt there were some failings on my part.  First off, I didn't wait long enough between my last dose of opiate and iboga.  Second off, I self-induced the majority of my purging which definitely was not a good thing to do.  That being said, I never even achieved a flood state.  I would like to write that there was more to it than that, but really there isn't (not anything relevant at least).

I was likely given enough iboga, but (mistakenly) purged much of it out in 2 rounds of self-induced purging.

I am not sure what I did and didn't say or mention in those first two weeks following, but whatever it was I should mention that I was likely on high doses of benzos.  The first two weeks were spent struggling and using and these last two have been a clean struggle to get through work, so I apologize for not providing this essential piece of information earlier.  There was no failing on the side of my provider considering I stubbornly did what I did against his advice.

I should also mention that I went into this with a prostate infection that seemed to be aggravated by iboga.  I know that for sure now that I haven't touched iboga in several weeks.  I felt like I had to pee 80% of the time....and it was a powerful feeling that I was struggling with.  I am not sure if this may've subsided had I gone to "flood land", but that thought of ataxia combined with that major irritation had me scared shitless and I never indicated (I don't think) that to my provider.

At this point I am not upset at about my mistakes and am happy to be where I am.  These last couple of days I have been doing okay.  The past is the past, however if others can learn from my experiences (including failings) than they ought to be shared.

Thank you very much for responding.  I called my provider to be after I read your post and the first things he asked were - "I wonder if he threw up some of the Ibogaine?"   and   "I wonder if he had taken any other drugs near the flood time".      So it all makes more sense to me.   Thanks so much for sharing your story Lights...  very helpful.

Offline Interzone

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2013, 10:16:35 PM »
Poppy Pods are good and all, last awhile thats fore sure, but i just need a doc from a pain clinic that reliasizes he's only writig a script for a month, to taper off subs to use ibogaine "why not" Just if there is any word on crooked doctors in was dc, arlington va, send me a message need to find a doc now!

Offline frequentChi

• I see things the way I am not the way they are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2013, 04:33:16 PM »
 Hi  could someone tell me whats better for a comfortable step down for methadone Poppy Pods or Kratom, Im confused about whatt would work better. Thanx
The equal of a person is not the mistakes they make in life but rather the decisions they make in times of hardship and controversy.