Author Topic: Can Corporate America Trigger Opiate Abuse?  (Read 2498 times)

Offline BlueTiger

• Pathological Liar, Thief & Preyer of the Vunerable
  • Global Moderator
  • I am nothing. I waste space. I deserve nothing.
    • View Profile
Can Corporate America Trigger Opiate Abuse?
« on: February 11, 2013, 08:11:02 PM »
Does your job contribute to your healthy lifestyle or does it instigate the dark road to nowhere?

I know no job does only one.....just checking out your mind grapes.

I started taking opiates hard core when things got bad in a corporate America type position.  Desk job, my boss was someone you avoided at all costs, no room for growth, soul crushing....

I have not worked in nearly a year.  I have reached my tipping point....either school or work, 2 weeks the decision will be made.  I type this calmly with the 'nervousness of the unknown and making another mistake' buzzing around me like a swarm of bees trying to get into my force field protecting my precious serenity. 

I literally change my mind every day, maybe multiple times a day.   :)   

Your thoughts are appreciated.  Maybe they will help me gather my own. 
I don't care if a family looses their five children because of me..as long as it gets me high for the night! :D

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
Re: Can Corporate America Trigger Opiate Abuse?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 09:40:36 PM »
I think my job can do both,  I love it, being my own boss and all, but being such a physical job and hurting myself quite badly last year,  I am glad I didn't get back to where I was.  I just have to feel the pain for once... also being a new business and being seasonal, the uncertainty of my financial situation in certain times of the year can be anxiety and stress building... but as things progress and the business expands, I am hoping, that part at least, goes away,  also eventually I would like to do less of the hard labor myself...  I hope you truly find something you enjoy BT... you deserve it.  I think you will be good at pretty much anything you do, but having something that you are happy with or even prod of, be it school or job, will be something else that keeps you from ever going back into that hole.   

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 11:54:31 PM »
Virtually anything can trigger an addict if the roots are not properly cleaned than the branches will wither.  That being said, no matter where you work IMO you will find teachings to integrate and you will be placed in an opportunity to learn and offer.  It's like a lab for integrating the medicines IMO.  I do whatever I can to retain my work in nature but if I have to in order to support family/medicines than I'll do what I have to.  Warrior testing zones and doing what needs to be done so one doesn't become dependent financially on others. 

Offline BlueTiger

• Pathological Liar, Thief & Preyer of the Vunerable
  • Global Moderator
  • I am nothing. I waste space. I deserve nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 04:03:25 PM »
KP, you are very wise my friend. 

Well said. 

I don't care if a family looses their five children because of me..as long as it gets me high for the night! :D

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 11:48:15 PM »
Only because I have a Mother that will accept no excuses and never feels sorry for me.  I just basically adopt her ideals and imprint them with the shamanic arts.  But anyways if it wasn't for my parents I wouldn't have been able to have gotten myself out of a deep hole 4 years ago and do some very difficult jobs to get my feet on the ground.  Many times I wanted to feel sorry for myself and wine and she made for damn sure that I wasn't gonna throw any pity parties. I've done some really difficult jobs in the past to make it by or to get high...hehehe.