Author Topic: What exactly do these minerals do?  (Read 2877 times)

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What exactly do these minerals do?
« on: March 03, 2013, 08:21:39 PM »
Ahoy Ebokia! 

Before my first flood I became obsessed with almost all things nutrition.  Beginning to understand what pH really is in the body, and to what extent our body would go to balance these levels really opened my eyes to the value of nutrition.....

I am not a "health nut".....but I do like understanding all the inner workings of the incredible machine.  For example, interesting note: Iodine helps regulate the thyroid, which helps regulate the metabolism.  Soda depletes the body of the essential mineral iodine to balance pH.  This is why many Americans are overweight, drinking even diet soda, and not really understanding the level it is inhibiting their metabolism.

I am trying to rally the like-minded thinkers here to start contributing on more things specific vitamins/ minerals/water.....if people are interested, we could collaborate on understanding how each of these specific minerals effects our daily lives.

For example, I just switched to the reverse osmosis water at whole foods, and I am re-mineralizing with a concentrated trace mineral supplement.  I am also adding a whole food (source) daily vitamin to my regimen. 
I am hoping for great results from these 3 recent changes. 

Overtime, I have lost all hope that food from the U.S. can really ever again nourish us on it's own (our soils are the worst in the world in case you didn't know).  Therefore, I am taking it upon myself to understand what these minerals do in our body/brain, and the best sourcing, regimens, etc......

I could go deep with this topic if people are interested.  I am mostly interested in homeostasis, regulated biorhythms, and the functions of specific/individual minerals. 

My next quest is to understand magnesium's role.....
On my new multi vitamin, magnesium was the only item on my list that was really missing (1% of DV).  Everything else was just about 100% of your daily value.  And what magnesium is in the vitamin is 80% cultured--everything else is whole food sourced. 

El Tigre Azul
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:09:51 PM by BlueTiger »

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
Re: What exactly do these minerals do?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 04:33:57 AM »
if interested in minerals
you should check out shilajit
incredible stuff i have been taking for years

http://www.satveda.com/shilajit-purified-powder.html

Shilajit : Supports metabolism, bones, muscle, Kidneys, memory & immune system.

Provides energy, stamina and vitality.

As a unique body a tonic revitalizes & optimizes many body functions.
As a Dietary Supplement

The Sanskrit name of Shilajit means Rock Warrior. Shilajit is a natural source for all minerals required by the body. As per Ayurveda there is hardly any function of the body which is not supported by Shilajit. It has been used historically for nourishment and replenishment of the human body. As per traditional belief, Shilajit provides unique sexual vitality if taken with warm milk. It is a natural support for renewing vitality & physical strength. It helps transport nutrients deep into the tissue & removes deep-seated toxins.

Shilajit is often used in combination with other specific plants to support the respiratory and genitourinary tract, reproductive organs, promotes rejuvenation and detoxification. It supports proper weight management as it helps distribute proper fat in the body. It helps anemia (because it is a good source of trace minerals), arthritis (due to its anti inflammatory property), asthma, bronchitis and edema due to its proper blood circulation property.

Shilajit also purifies the blood and helps remove excess kapha (water) and toxins from the tissues. As an aphrodisiac, Shilajit increases virility and stamina while toning the reproductive organs and supporting their proper function.
Related info

Shilajit is obtained from rocks in the towering cliffs of the Himalayan Mountains formed about 50 million years ago. Dense vegetation, literally an entire rain forest, was trapped millions of tons of pressure which slowly turned into a rich Bio-active material to form the rarest nutrient rich substance found on earth known as Shilajit. Shilajit helps an aged person feel young by regaining strength and vitality.

Studies have shown that people of Himalayan region have a more healthy, long & active life due to Shilajit. A natural original organic colloidal multi-mineral supplement collected in raw form & further purified.

Ancient in origin and pure beyond measure.

Helpful in infertility, impotence.

Helps to maintain healthy sugar level.

A general tonic and for a wide range of ailments, anemia, and excess fat.

It is a natural support for renewing vitality & physical strength.

It helps transport nutrients deep into the tissue & removes deep-seated toxins.
" . . . THE ONLY WAY TO VALIDATE YOUR EXISTANCE IS TO ACCEPT THE REALITY OF YOUR NON-EXISTANCE . . . "

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 10:40:35 AM »
Thanks JBG!  I am going to try to find that study on the people living longer in the Himalayas.....

I just started a concentrated trace mineral supplement.  It has 63% of the recommended DV for magnesium, and almost 100 trace minerals (also sourced from rocks). 

I take my vitamins and Noopept in the morning, I drink mineral water throughout the day, and I have a heavier dose of minerals later in the day -- I think the magnesium and lithium will aid in sleep. 

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 05:10:22 PM »
For so long like an idiot I've known about Shilajit but never actually used it.  Thanks to the Mother and Father of creation (subjective dogmatic viewpoints so there public) there is infinite number of pana see ic herbs and soulutions but it becomes soooo much that my brain goes hay wire unable to comprehend all the miracles at our disposal. 

So anyways to JBG, I did some Hapi snuff today and often when I have this medicine I will get this clear intuitive thought afterwords.  I was thinking of your very informative post here on Shilajit and I had the thought...

Ayahuasca Admixture Supreme?

Do you have any opinions on this? 

ps the noopept/ micro aya program is like zap zap boom buhm.  To the epic center.  Much thanks for your ever groundbreaking movements. 

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 11:08:42 PM »
11 Miraculous Ways Magnesium Heals Your Mind & Body
By Marcus Julian Felicetti
I could easily write a whole book on Magnesium and its very powerful healing properties. Indeed, many books have been dedicated to the subject, and I encourage everyone to read them. As a yoga therapist that has worked for many years using yoga postures and natural remedies to heal, Magnesium is always the first supplement I suggest. In a moment, you'll understand why.  If you think that the amount of Magnesium you obtain from your food is sufficient without supplementation, then I would say thinking is for people who don't know. Be sure by having it tested. And when you do have it tested, aim to have optimum levels of Magnesium, not just meeting the minimum.  Remember that even organic soils are depleted of minerals. And non-organic farming has virtually no nutrients in it. Furthermore, there are many ways in which Magnesium is lost from the body, e.g. alcohol, coffee, black tea, grains, soy, most pharmaceutical drugs, calcium supplements. 

Benefits of Magnesium:

1. Better sleep - The sleep regulating hormone melatonin is disturbed when Magnesium is deficient. Furthermore, Magnesium brings balance and controls stress hormones. Stress and tension are often reasons why people suffer from insomnia in the first place.
2. Relaxes the nervous system - Serotonin, which relaxes the nervous system and elevates mood, is dependent on Magnesium.
3. Bigger, stronger muscles - Magnesium allows the body to produce more Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF-1), which is a major contributor to the growth and strength of muscles. Furthermore, adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is the cell's energy store, and is created with help from Magnesium.
4. Better flexibility - Magnesium loosens tight muscles. Without Magnesium, muscles do not relax properly and cramps occur. Magnesium is important for flexibility, because low Magnesium results in a buildup of lactic acid, causing pain and tightness.
5. Bone integrity and strength - Magnesium helps to fix calcium properly. It may blow some people's mind that the calcium supplements they're taking are not only useless, but are actually contributing to osteoporosis! There are actually about eighteen essential nutrients that contribute to bone health; Magnesium is definitely one of the most essential, because it stimulates a particular hormone called calcitonin. And, it also suppresses a hormone called parathyroid that breaks down bone.
6. Remineralizes teeth - Magnesium deficiency causes an unhealthy balance of phosphorous and calcium in saliva, which damages teeth.
7. Alkalizes the body - Magnesium helps return the body’s pH balance. Magnesium reduces lactic acid, which is partly responsible for post-exercise pain (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness).
8. Hydrates - Magnesium is a necessary electrolyte essential for proper hydration.
9. Helps to relieve constipation - Magnesium can be used to cleanse the bowels of toxins.
10. Enzyme function - Enzymes are protein molecules that stimulate every chemical reaction in the body. Magnesium is required to make hundreds of these enzymes work and assists with thousands of others.
11. Diabetes - Magnesium enhances insulin secretion, which facilitates sugar metabolism. Without Magnesium, glucose is not able to transfer into cells. Glucose and insulin build up in the blood, causing various types of tissue damage, including the nerves in the eyes.

There are many other benefits of Magnesium: It helps prevent stroke, heart disease, period pain, and more. You can check out my website for further information on Magnesium and how exactly to increase magnesium levels effectively.
Published July 16, 2012 at 12:32 PM
http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-5473/11-Miraculous-Ways-Magnesium-Heals-Your-Mind-Body.html

I may explore magnesium supplements further....Apparently Ma activates over 300 enzyme reactions in the body, which equate to 1000's of biochemical reactions everyday.  Am I the only one that is fascinated by this?  ???
Love, Blue
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 06:06:54 PM by BlueTiger »