Author Topic: GITA/ESC/ICEERS Durban 2014 Iboga/Ibogaine Sustainability Report  (Read 2356 times)

Offline ddraig

• View Profile

http://ibogainealliance.org/durban-2014

Market could run out by 2016, due to exponential demand and lack of adequate preservation in Gabon.

A lot needs to be done to preserve this plant for global use. ?Voacanga Africana to compensate etc...

Depressing. It looks like prices will go up and there will be market depletion, until sustainability efforts are ramped up over the years. So in the long run good news I think, but more needs to be done.

Offline Tyler

• View Profile
Re: GITA/ESC/ICEERS Durban 2014 Iboga/Ibogaine Sustainability Report
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 04:40:35 PM »
thank you for sharing this information. it is surely something good to keep in mind when making a decision about "spreading the word" about iboga, as only one good reason of many to be aware of it.

Offline Tyler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 04:45:11 PM »
but i just want to say that "market running out" is not equivalent to "extinction". so it can still be saved from becoming extinct, even if it disappears for a few decades from the global market.

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 01:19:45 PM »
Several sources growing but there price will rise sure enough.  It's just like gas/oil scarcity and no one ever truly knows unless they are on the ground.  One dude that says he grows it raised jus price nearly twofold within a year, think they're dumb enough to miss these reports?  So it's interesting how the word getting out is making Africans want to raise there price, whether scarcity or not, they are making the price unaffordable for the poor people so rich treatment centers will continue to feed into the cash crop.  I said a while ago it needs to be grown in other locations of the equator, the way it is now is trifling with scam artists banking on ingnorance.  You have to be sharp and cunning if you are going to have a life with Iboga.  It's gonna survive no matter what but we have to be smarter and entrepreneuring to make it available to the global marketplace.  Poverty will increase regardless financially is the plan so the most valuable respource is neither dollar, gold or gemstone but a little shrub from the Tibet of Africa.  Much room to capitalize on it's growth but all needs to be grounded in spirituality. 

Offline ddraig

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 09:57:16 PM »
Yes, it will not go extinct. I agree with kampum, there needs to be more involvement in getting this plant growing around the world, which will indeed happen, but not without some crisis in the price first it seems. Perhaps this will be the cause of more people taking action.