Author Topic: Glow after the flood....  (Read 2521 times)

Offline raysanka

• View Profile
Glow after the flood....
« on: September 04, 2014, 09:18:53 PM »
Glow begin after the gray day/s and last aproximetly approximately 3 months. right? At the begining You can feel better than ever, the mind is clear, emotionts are stable and addicts do not have the appetite for drugs. You can also have a lot of energy although it can take some time. Some people can feel tired even few weeks after the therapy especially those who ware on some stimulants.... I personally 4 weeks after the flood feel more relaxed, calm, grounded, no craving for tobaco but actualy not much energy(was smoking pack of cigaretes a day and few years ago a lot of cocaine). Yes, I`m satisfied about the result but also interested if I can still expect inrush of energy?

how are your experiences and tips about this period?

Also have heart that any alcohol drink can stop the progress? If so, how long is rocemmended to abstain?

Thanx

Offline mo

• View Profile
Re: Glow after the flood....
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 04:55:08 AM »
hi, there can be many differences, but let me just say that the different appetite that you have should lead to different life style choices that just will benefit the body on a very deep level - there is nothing like plant based cures for that - even if it is just for a couple of week and months - after all that is a significant amount of time!!!

i have worked with plant medicine for 4 years now and it has been a slow but complete transformation of my whole body/postore and i just feel different inside my body.

having taken the medicine is huge for your body, an key peak experience that will be remembered by each and every one of your cells and will become a state against which new drops on life style/ fall backs into addicitve/bad behaviour will be measufred against - a new healthy measure - and that sense of what is good for you and how it feels to be grounded and well - that very sense is what i cherish and the appreciation of that is key, i believe.

as for alcohol, i had personally a very bad experience drinking right after a flood, basically the pristine state that the flood had put my mind in collapsed after just one single pint of beer - it was devastating! still the good effects were there but lots within my brain/mind was destroyed by the alcohol. that experience was so strong of a experience for my cells that i have since only drunk 4 shots of a hemp soaked vodka that a friend had prepared - because i liked the fact that he had done it himself and decided that it can not be that bad, well - i did not fancy it and my cells still reject it and it has been years.
in a way - if you really want to know what alcohol feels like and does to your body drink a beer right after a flood - you will likeley never touch alcohol again -just kidding, partly at least ;)

but it like with all so called destructive behaviours (those that we beat ourselves up over in an unhealthy way) - we all do it once we can not help ourselves anymore but do it. that is also why it should not be condemned - in us or in others. i don't really think we have much choice when it comes to addiction .. we just can't help ourselves in the low phases of indulgence - we have to make the mistake yet again ..

good luck my brother/sister ! way to go!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 04:57:00 AM by mo »
in a universe like ours, to beings like us, the idea of a god dying can be quite liberating

Offline mo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »
i would like to expand on the idea of appetite/addiction in the hope that it might be somewhat helpful, but also because i find it interesting in itself.

looking back i can say that my 4 flood gave me windows of healthy appetite. not only for food and drinks, but also for thoughts and emotions and behaviours. so it was very wholesome. on a body/strength level as well as on an emotional and on a mental/thought level. and that on various levels of conscious awareness and depth.

it is so multilayer-ed and complex but it can be described as an overall move away from weakness, stress/anxiety and fear based behaviour towards strength, well being and healthy behaviour.

that process/work however was in my case very slow, only visible over the years and there are times were i thought nothing happened, or lows during which i thought that i had lost/jeopardized the progress - but not so. it was simply the flaring up of the old anxieties, the playing up of fear in challenging situations of a uncertain life.

to tie it up back to the theme of appetite/addiction - the longer i am on this healing journey the more i understand my beating up of myself as part of the unhealthy behaviour. it seems obvious now that i write it, but while i was indulging with a screwed appetite i would dislike myself for it  - or was i?

in this picture it is the behaviour first and the thinking second. ie. i behave bead, and hence i am unhappy and have dark thoughts - right?

my teaching however, the one i receive, teaches me that it is the other way round - the thinking creates the feelings. the thinking creates the experience.

the fact that i did not like myself created my bad behaviour not the other around - a reversal of cause and effect.

no wonder there seemed to be no progress while i was waiting for the effect to change the cause!

and the thing is - this is something on a mental level. i was long waiting for my experience to change for me be able to finally be happier. but the medicine is teaching me that i have to change how i think and what i think. now, while it is very true that i am very thick when it comes to getting this, after all the lessons i recognize how my believe system slowly is changing.

truly understanding that thoughts create feelings/emotional experience is the name of the game. thinking of it, i would suggest to make this the theme in ceremony. ie. an intention of the type:

in this ceremony i want to go through every possible emotion. i want to recall all feelings i know and am able to create and feel them all - recognizing myself all the while as the one that creates and witnesses them!

i want to learn all the methods and intricacies of how thoughts/words and language create emotions and experience - and the whole world really - and i also want to learn how to meet each an everyone of them in all the possible guises.

i realize that i am slowly shifting away from a victim believe system - through the recognition that i am the source of my experience - towards consciously choosing what happens next.

i love it, all of it. every single bit of it. i choose to penetrate every part of my inner world of dark and fear based thoughts and i choose to call them out - one by one!

good stuff. i realize i have highjacked your thread - sorry, i shut up now.

in a universe like ours, to beings like us, the idea of a god dying can be quite liberating

Offline Tyler

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 10:37:48 PM »
all i can say, is it is very good to use some of that time to reacquaint yourself with nature - but it is for sure not needed to do it with ibogaine.

when i go out into nature it is wonderful because the sunlight makes the grass and the weeds and the flowers bloom (glow) with life. when i see a path, i go down it and wonder where it will take me. if i encounter a path that is not trodden or off the trodden path or is simply new to me, i feel alive because i have an opportunity to go exploring, to see everything with childlike eyes full of wonder, and sometimes there is fear from the darkness of an unknown path, but then there is also joy from overcoming that obstacle. if my head tells me to go to a certain destination, whether across a river that i never would have considered crossing on my own or to follow an animal's call that i would have ignored had i heard it in the city, and i have courage, i go there so i can feel success at my accomplishment. then there can be some energy created from that success, that is pure and natural :)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 07:21:04 PM by zweilichtruhe »

Offline Entheologist

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 12:56:00 PM »
I made the mistake of taking bupropion (I wanted to test if my dopamine pathway is repaired) about 6 days after the flood, not sure if it was coincidence but the glow was gone the next day and replaced with suffering. Its been about 4 days now, 4 very rough days. I'm starting to feel better now. Does it ever happen that the glow goes away temporarily then comes back?