Author Topic: Needed: training vid/photos of sustainable harvesting practices  (Read 1826 times)

Offline moyshekapoyre

• View Profile
Needed: training vid/photos of sustainable harvesting practices
« on: September 21, 2014, 12:36:22 AM »
Namaste friends,

I thought I already posted this, but I guess I didn't.

I have a friend in Gabon that has been working with me, as he knows a woman who owns a large iboga farm. Now, the only problem I have is that they apparently do not know how to harvest the RB without killing the whole tree. I told him, you just don't cut off the tap root, but he wasn't sure which one that was. I'm guessing the tap root is the biggest root and it is more vertical than horizontal, since that's what other trees' tap roots seem to be like that I've looked up.

But he would like something specific to iboga tree and preferably like a video he could show people down there to train them on harvesting properly.

But even if all I can get is just specific advice, that would be much better than nothing.

Thanks everyone!

May you all know the Great Natural Perfection! :)

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Needed: training vid/photos of sustainable harvesting practices
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 04:47:07 AM »
This is a great idea, but I'm not sure how likely it is that you'll find such a video.

Is there a local shaman available that she can talk to for a second opinion?

In the mean time, can you convince them to experiment on a group of plants this new harvesting technique? Experiment and see how it goes? Seeing is believing.

Offline ddraig

• View Profile
Re: Needed: training vid/photos of sustainable harvesting practices
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 08:17:42 PM »
Hello,

These guys are working closely with Gabonese authorities and locals, along with iceers.org & others involved in sustainability.

http://ibogainealliance.org/contact-us

They may have info/materials on this.