Author Topic: Questions?  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Maineline

• View Profile
Questions?
« on: October 09, 2014, 02:08:35 PM »
Hello all! I've been lurking on this forum for a while and have decided it's time to get my feet wet. I've been an opiate addict for over 10 years and have been on suboxone for about 9 of those. I was utterly hopeless until I heard about iboga around 2 years ago. My excitement faded when I heard of the difficulties suboxonites have because of the extended paws and sticky nature of the bupe. I have read that for best results I should switch to a Sao for as long as possible before I take the dive. Since I can't get a script for anything other than subs I have decided to try pods for a few months. I am currently on 8 mgs a day of suboxone and have started weaning. Can I jump right into pods from here or should I lower my dose before I switch? Also does anyone have recommendations for finding legit pods? I've found many sites but am unsure if they are all the real deal. I would really appreciate some guidance and suggestions. Thank you kindly

Offline mudhen

• View Profile
Re: Questions?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 05:15:09 PM »
I saw that no-one has responded to your post, and just wanted to come in and say welcome.

If you will be working with an experienced provider for your flood dose, please ask them about how they recommend the 'switch'.
It is always interesting, rarely completely bump-free, and can definitely be eased and helped by microdosing and small booster doses, taken very carefully, during the switch itself. It also seems to benefit folk for the flood dose, to have had some smaller doses of 'boga beforehand in some way, whether addiction interruption or psychospiritual.

Since sub stays in the system for about a month after one stops taking it, I am glad you are planning on a couple months of an SAO. This will really make a difference in how you do after the flood, as far as residual withdrawals/discomfort.

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Questions?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 07:55:44 AM »
Sorry for so late a response, and a belated welcome to you...if you're still here lol.  ;D

I have experience with Suboxone: it is a nasty, nasty, underhanded apparatus, that shit is.....totally engineered to do what it does, and in crazy ways that no other drug works, and when I first encountered it the idiot 'doctor' told me, with a straight face no less, that 'this isn't addictive' and blah blah. I wanted so bad to believe him that I kinda did and boy was I in for a surprise when I thought I'd had enough of this non addictive crap....not only is it addictive, it is insanely difficult to get away from cold turkey, and the WD lasts F O R E V E R....which all good addicts understand to be an absolute NO. Shit's bad enough man, without squeezing your nipple till its purple. It's a fucking conspiracy.

Anyway, your post was nice, showed you have done your homework and you ask very good questions...Hopefully by the time you see this, you are not still on 8mg a day, and have titrated down to a lesser daily intake. Once you reach 2mg/day [really before that but shhhh] you should be able to introduce pods to the equation.

Do this SLOWLY and carefully - people have died from poppy pods, poppy tea, even poppy seed tea - anything we get from nature will always have variance in quality, potency, alk content, etc...always, so be mindful. I will not advise you on a dose for pods, but your question was is it possible to roll over onto pods with reasonably low levels of hassle and discomfort, right? The answer is yes, just plug in to researching the do's and don'ts and again take it slowly.

I wish you all the luck in the world, hope you're still around! Cal  ;)
" I am you and what I see is me..."