Author Topic: Intro Aye..  (Read 2160 times)

Offline jd

• View Profile
Intro Aye..
« on: March 08, 2015, 07:32:44 PM »
    Well Im new to this site, but it seems very interesting to me so I'm going to participate.  I guess I'll go ahead and tell everyone who reads this a little bit about myself as awkward as it feels to do so. I was referred here by a family member, I am 30yrs old and I have experimented w/ almost every drug imaginable I dunno though there are soo many "designer drugs" out there but any who.. The one that has dug its hooks in the deepest and is the reason for my behavioral, physiological,psychological issues is an opiate addiction that's spanned the last 10yrs+.  I've had a couple brief periods of sobriety  w/o a substance during this time but nothing too major, it started w/ loratabs, roxys etc then oxycontin on to methadone.. then the methadone clinic I managed to get that gorilla off my back!! But ran back to opana's and last but not least Heroin.. In-between times of being "dope-sick" I would take or do almost anything that would help relieve the symptoms as one could imagine. I've recently accrued 30 days clean and sober which was sparked by one of many vacations spent in the local department of corrections.. Im not lookin for recognition but this is something like a feat for me. As I trudge on I dont wanna lose sight of my past and anyone who has been in this dyer situation knows the bridges that got burnt along the way and the loved ones/ spectator's/ people I would dare to call friends who look at you like the Boy Who Cried Wolf.    I'm DONE.

Offline mudhen

• View Profile
Re: Intro Aye..
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 11:20:45 AM »
Welcome, jd. Thanks for your candor. Lots to learn, here and elsewhere. Lots of help available to you when you reach for it. Good on you for 30 days away from problematic drug use.

m