Author Topic: What do you think of this Flood Plan?  (Read 3415 times)

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What do you think of this Flood Plan?
« on: June 21, 2015, 09:48:13 PM »
I flooded back in January 2011, and then like a half-flood in December 2012. The first was pretty darn intense, the second was intense, too. The second one I was alone.

Here's my plan for this coming flood:
Ease into a fast with cooked kale and cucumber. I will not have eaten for about 24 hours before ingestion.
During ingestion, I will have someone with me. I will take the Iboga incrementally this time, easing into a sweet spot, dosage wise. I'll probably start taking 300mg TA pills, one by one. I have some 100mg and 50mg TA pills for smaller increments, as well.
When dosage is done, and I am sufficiently in an Iboga-induced stupor, and visibly stable, I will be left alone. I will have someone check up on me in like 8 hours.
Then, the next day, I'll have someone again, possibly a different person, come and visit me, and drive me to a stream to bathe in. Bathing complete, I'll be driven back to my home, and left alone (I live alone, save for my landlord and landlady living in the other part of the house).
On day 3, I'll have someone check up on me again. Each time someone comes, they are committed to staying for an hour or two.

I'll have a bucket, a comfortable couch, some Bwiti and other West African music lined up to play on my computer in the other room. I will be letting my landlord know that I'll be doing this visionary herb that lasts for three days. No, mister Landlord, it's not Jimson weed. Yes, there is evidence of its therapeutic effects. My landlord is super cool. He's done his fair share of psychedelics in his hey day, and now he's an accepting person. He's seen me on mushrooms before, and I've given him weed butter. Though sometimes we're shy around each other, I feel comfortable telling him that I'm going to be in an altered state for 3 days. Well, not 100% comfortable, but of all the options out there, this one seems good enough.

So, besides my landlord being in the other part of the house (almost always out of earshot--it's a big house), I'll be alone for most of the trip. I believe I can call upon 2 or 3 local responsible men, older than me, but friends, to visit me from time to time to make sure I'm okay.

Does this seem like an okay plan?

My other option is to drive 3 hours to a friend I met only once and haven't seen in about 8 years, but I feel spiritually comfortable around him. He says he would be willing to be my "guard dog" for the three days. I am just hesitant to do this because it would be unfamiliar surroundings, I haven't seen him in a long time, and I might not have access to things like a good sound system to play music from, and a comfortable place to lie down. On the other hand, he lives by a stream (though surrounded by fallen trees, hard to get through), which is a plus. I am predicting that experiencing cool water will be key to the latter part of my trip. Also, the stress of the long drive and settling in, and reacquainting with him might distract/detract from my overall mission and concentration on connecting with the plant and myself and the Iboga spirit.

Any input would be gladly considered. :)

Thank you for reading.

Offline holybark

• View Profile
Re: What do you think of this Flood Plan?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 04:24:57 PM »
I would make the drive to and bring your sound system plus any pillows/blankets you will need to feel comfortable. Being close to or even in nature is a must for me, as is having someone I trust near or with me at all times. I have also found (mostly with addiction interruption) being away from familiar environment can be a good thing, especially if you have a good strong supportive sitter. If you are concerned with having to catch up with your friend and that messing with the work on yourself, just go to his place a day or two early and take some nice hikes in the woods and hang out with your old friend.  Has this friend experienced Iboga? If not explain to him that you will not be able to to focus on him in the following days, as you will be focusing on yourself. If that seems weird to him, just don't do it. Hope this all works according to your will, regardless of what you do, I'm excited for you. 

PS: A 3 hour drive is nothing. I always take those opportunities to listen to beautiful music and think. I always look forward to long drives.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:27:49 PM by holybark »
I'm not in your trap, I'm in my own trap.

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 10:25:55 PM »
Holybark, thanks for responding.

In a normal situation, all your suggestions would make sense. However...

My sound system is very very heavy and big, and is not transportable, not realistically.
I have pretty severe arthritis, and my physical system is a bit wonky, so a) I can't go on a hike let alone a walk, b) a 3-hour drive is *not* nothing for me. The last few times I made 3-hour drives, I've had to pull over about 3 times to take a rest. A 3 hour drive turns into a 4.5-5 hour drive for me, all things considered.

He hadn't heard of Iboga until I told him about it when I asked him if he could sit for me. I also told him that he may or may not be having to clean up after my own vomit, and he said, "I'd prefer not to. I just was tending to my dying father for several months, cleaning up his bodily fluids. It wouldn't be a good place for me." After further discussion, he said he wouldn't get upset (at me) about it, but it's still something I'm hesitating a little on.

Other than that, he seems like a good candidate. No sound system, though. :/

Offline holybark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 12:54:53 AM »
Right I understand. Lol, I wish I could just come and take care of you for 3 days. What ever you decide to do, I hope it works out in your favor. Also, I'm just curious, when are you planning to do this?

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 01:32:33 AM »
Maybe you can! o.O Maybe you live close by...

I plan on doing this within the next 4 days.

Offline holybark

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 03:51:01 PM »
Sent you a PM. I'll be sure to keep you in my thoughts this coming week  ;)

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 09:55:58 PM »
Yeah, it sounds okay but you should always have someone nearby in case you fie like I did.  I apparently said I feel like I am going to seize out right before my heart stopped but I don't remember anything for two weeks before my heart attack.
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."