Author Topic: My microdosing progress  (Read 12967 times)

Offline ddraig

• View Profile
Re: My microdosing progress
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2016, 12:44:26 PM »
Thanks, yes you are right. There a lot of factors. Definitely preparing for it beforehand goes a long way for better success.

Offline Muschae

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2016, 02:00:20 PM »
I think I'll prepare by slowly changing my diet for the better, taking some supplements, trying to exercise more and maybe kambo. I'll also be taking it with an experienced sitter in a nice setting, so I'm hoping all this will amount to something.

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2016, 02:13:03 PM »
My advice about diet is to eat an as varied, nourishing, and satisfying (emotionally, sensorially, and physically) diet as possible, until a couple days before the flood, then eat light foods (fresh fruits and vegetables) to be as cleaned out as possible. A lot of people swear by a ~24-hour fast beforehand, too.

Offline Muschae

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2016, 10:15:22 AM »
Thanks. Do you have any advice for how to prepare for after the flood? Is it good to prepare for some life changes?

Offline ddraig

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2016, 11:41:13 AM »
What rythmspring said. Thats what I did. I did a 24 hour fast before hand, but I did cheat and have some vegetarian indian food the day before :-)  If you take alcohol or other drugs, abstain from them if you can a few days to a week before. If you cant, make sure you be off them 24 hours or more pre-flood. Do not have experience with substances like suboxone, so not sure the best protocol with them.

Offline Muschae

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2016, 01:41:37 PM »
Hey, thanks for the tips. I don't have any alcohol or drug habits, so I should be fine in this regard. I'm just wondering if there is anything that would make my life after the flood easier that I can prepare for before the flood.

Offline Alexandra Lost

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2016, 11:19:06 PM »
Thank you. I really wish for that reset. But I know it's different for everyone. I hope you don't mind, just a few more questions from me. If you become reset how come then it's possible to go back to old habits? Don't you lose that desire for self destructive behavior? Or does it take a lot of work to keep that fresh mindset?
For example, if you had a traumatic memory that made you feel you are somehow not worthy of good things and Iboga scrubbed it away, why would you still go back to behavior that you developed because of that particular trauma?

Let me jump in here. I micro-dosed starting in June 2013 ( steadily for about a month, then on and off for another 6 months or so.) I was seeking addiction interruption as well as personality reset. I was taking opium poppies, kratom, Prozac and Welbutrin ( all in small doses and I would mix it up, varying the cocktail so I didn't get physically dependent on any one drug.) So one day I realized I hadn't been sober in so long that I had completely lost my true self.

I managed to taper to practically nothing before I began microdosing and then I stopped completely when I started taking the root bark capsules. Long story short ( search for my posts if you want the long story long ) it worked and I am clean and I have a new life.

Anyway- for my take on your question - think of a "thought" as the neurons in your brain firing in a particular pattern. That pattern burns ruts into your brain much like the wheels of a cart make ruts in a dirt road. The " reset" can act like a plow, churning your thought patterning and smoothing out the ruts, but if you fall into the old thought patterns you'll burn the same ruts back in. The iboga energy should be channeled into finding the new perspectives that will allow you to move to more empowering thought patterns, without pushing back against the old ones ( which can backfire).

I found the tools for this in yoga, meditation,chakra therapy and breathwork. These may not be for everyone but they worked for me.

One thing I found when I was microdosing was that there was often a homeopathic like effect. I found smaller doses to be more effective - they had an energizing effect that I didn't get in larger doses -- so I often felt more from one 325mg rootbark capsule than I did with 2 or 3.

And my last point is that the best way to make the reset stick is to use the iboga glow period to start building a new life......new hobbies and pastimes, I recommend things involving exercise and/or meeting new people with shared interests. This will help you in the long run.  I only slipped once with the opium poppies ( the most problematic ingredient in my cocktail ) and that was about a year after I quit. It was a beautiful summer day and the kid was away on vacation. I was doing some deep housecleaning and I began to find stray pieces of poppy pod. So, some part of me thought " you know what would make this day even better?", so I ground up the pod pieces and mixed then with some yogurt. Now, it didn't seem like that much and I wasn't expecting more than a little buzz, but as soon as I got to yoga class it kicked in hard, I couldn't connect with anything and the easiest sequences were suddenly hard. And my friends were noticing this so I told them I was feeling really sick all of a sudden and I went home instead of going out to dinner with them. I spent the night in that weird opium trance, not really sleeping but drifting in and out of dreams - which I used to like but it just annoyed me that night.

Im actually glad this happened because I haven't been at all tempted since, and it all comes down to having a new life that is totally incompatible with my old ways.

Offline Muschae

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2016, 12:14:29 PM »
Thanks for the input. So what you mean is that I can't keep up with the habits I have now (when I don't feel well) after the flood and just expect that life will be immensely better. I have to change things to make the better mindset "stick". Got it. Thanks.

edit: Like I mentioned before, with me the "doing" is not a problem, I've been trying pretty hard to make my life better in the past years, through meditation, yoga, exercise, diet, therapy, socializing etc etc, but nothing has really made a change in my mindset. There's a huge knot in my psyche that so far nothing has really touched. I feel like I need to be reborn, desperately. I hate who I am right now.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 04:59:27 PM by Muschae »