Author Topic: Reddit sent me here. Hi guys!  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Robin

• View Profile
Reddit sent me here. Hi guys!
« on: February 08, 2017, 10:59:56 AM »
I've never used Iboga, never used any psychoactive substance.  I have chronic anxiety that is slowly destroying my life.  Therapy and medicine has done nothing.  This is my last hope.

Offline Rintrah

• View Profile
Re: Reddit sent me here. Hi guys!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 10:42:37 PM »
Hi Robin, welcome. Iboga doesn't cure anxiety, though it may be something that shows you the way forward. It's well worth a try  :)

Offline Robin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 01:55:14 AM »
Thanks for the welcome.  I'm not looking for a cure....more like trying to find the root of the problem, something I haven't managed through therapy.  I have generalized anxiety disorder which means I live in a low level state of panic at all times.  I don't worry about specific things, but tend to dread doing anything and everything.  I have heard testimonials from people with similar problems that Iboga helped them, so I'm trying to gather more information about the best TYPE of treatment, as well as how to undergo that treatment when I live in the US.

Offline ddraig

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 04:25:04 PM »
I think that iboga can definitely help with anxiety. Since from my own experience with anxiety and addiction, it is due to some form of blockage/denial, which these medicines can allow us to process. Cure is not the word, you partake in a relationship with the medicine. I honestly think that psilocybin can work wonders too.

I would also add breathwork to the list, moving prana/chi as well, which will help you process blockages: https://www.amazon.com/Presence-Process-Journey-Present-Awareness/dp/1897238460/ref=pd_sbs_14_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=F1EBSDVS9EFNE7YNS04P

and ground the work. 

Offline Bancopuma

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 08:48:40 AM »
Hey Robin, as a supplemental holistic approach, it may be worth researching or experimenting with CBD/Cannabidiol..non-toxic, non-psychoactive and has anti-anxiety effects. While this won't reveal the root cause of your anxiety, it may provide a benign and non-invasive way of managing day to day symptoms.