Author Topic: ta vs hcl?  (Read 2051 times)

Offline plehrm

• View Profile
ta vs hcl?
« on: April 13, 2017, 06:31:06 PM »
What is the difference between iboga hcl and ta? Is one believed to be more effective at treating opiate dependence?

Offline Rintrah

• View Profile
Re: ta vs hcl?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 09:25:20 AM »
HCL is more accurate. You know how much Ibogaine you're getting. With TA it's less certain, so for something like treatment where you want to be safe it's more appropriate. TA seems to be more rough but more trippy. HCL cuts straight to the chase.

Offline Bancopuma

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: ta vs hcl?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 02:07:44 PM »
By iboga hcl I think you mean ibogaine hcl. Ibogaine makes up around half of the proportion of alkaloids in iboga (something like 12 alkalods in total). So ibogaine hcl is great for accurate dosing and so is safe and precise in a treatment context. TA gives you the essence of the full plant, and is a little rougher on the system, and more visionary, but still much smoother on one's system than ingesting root bark. Having ingested all three, my personal preference is for TA...the full spectrum of the iboga alkaloids, much easier to ingest and far smoother on one's system than root bark. I found the ibogaine hcl to wash through my system very rapidly, there was none of the afterglow I experienced with the TA or root bark, this for me was a great part of the iboga experience so I felt the experience was lacking because of this. The other alkaloids I think contribute to the overall effect in a positive way and I'd rather have them in the mix, personally. More detailed notes on comparisons between these different iboga preparations are discussed in the thread below.

http://eboka.info/index.php?topic=657.0