Author Topic: Non-toxic food safe extraction of Iboga alkaloids using limonene  (Read 11731 times)

Offline Bancopuma

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
As far as I can tell, this limonene tek has not been tested on Iboga before. When dealing with Iboga I feel performing an alkaloid extraction may be advantageous for reasons I shall explain. I found this tek to be both non-toxic and incredibly simple to perform. I definitely think this needs further experimentation though.

For a flood dose, one will need to perform an extraction of 25g of Iboga root bark. It will need to be powedered prior to the extraction if not already in that firm.

As a tester, 5g of finely powdered Cameroon Iboga root bark was purchased off the website of a well known Dutch ethnobotanical vendor.

1. The root bark powder was put in a small glass bowl and 1.5g of calcium hydroxide and 18ml of water were added. The mixture was stirred thoroughly with a whisk and left to sit for 5 minutes.

2. Following this 20ml of limonene was added, and the mixture was again whisked thoroughly, and left to sit overnight. This may not be necessary; I just wasn’t in any particular rush. It would be worth mixing it several times.

3. After the overnight soak, the limonene, which should appear slightly cloudy, is poured off. No filter was required at any point, making this tek even simpler than the cactus tek. 2ml of distilled vinegar was added to the limonene, and the mixture shaken thoroughly in a jar, left to sit and shaken again several times. The vinegar should quickly turn a dark rusty brown colour. This step should be repeated again once or twice.

4. This is then separated via a pipette (I use a glass turkey baster and a disposable pipette). I then evaporate the vinegar using a heat mat (the kind used for reptiles) and an electric fan, which works well. This rapidly produced a thin layer of brown resin.

Steps 2 – 4 should be repeated 3 times.

This should yield an active and potent Iboga alkaloid extract. It may be that this extract is more potent gram for gram than that produced by any other methods currently used. From the 5g of root bark, 318mg of extract was produced (6.36% by weight). Iboga alkaloid content can vary from 1–6%, so this can be considered to be a potent extract by weight. A tiny quantity was tasted, which was both incredibly bitter and numbing to the mouth; a good sign. Obviously for larger quantities of Iboga, the quantities of required chemicals can be increased accordingly. However this tek seems to be a simple and efficient use of limonene which is expensive in the UK. For example, 500ml of limonene is more than sufficient extract 50g of Iboga root bark. Depending on the quality, this should be sufficient for 2 flood doses, and more for sensitive individuals.

This extract was consumed in a ‘00’ capsule one morning on an empty stomach. No more than 5g worth of extract should be taken in one go. It is wise to stagger taking doses of extract, so the transition is smooth on your system. The experience was both pronounced and subtle at the same time. The onset is gradual...one begins to feel a not-unpleasant, slightly sedated, drunk feeling, giving way to a feeling of being “comfortably numb”. No euphoria, but one feels content, tranquil. I didn’t have a desire for food until around mid afternoon. When walking there is just the faintest hint of dizziness. It is fine, but with an increase in dosage I can imagine a sofa or bed being a necessity.

In the evening, after eating, I got strong tracers which I noticed on both previous encounters with Iboga. This effect is noticeable and interesting. A little cannabis was smoked in the evening, which enhanced feelings of contentment and relaxation. Some repetitive shamanic drumming was listened to prior to sleep which increased feelings of peace and stillness. I awoke in the morning refreshed.

However, when dealing with large quantities of Iboga, based on my prior experiences, I believe performing an alkaloid extraction to be beneficial. My initiation was with methanol alkaloid extract, equivalent to 25g of root bark. This is the basis for my prior experience report and something I consider an incredible life experience.

My second experience was with 14g of root bark. This experience, surprisingly perhaps, was much more physically and psychologically intense than my initiation. While this dose was visionary, it never reached the depths of the initiation dose, to the realm of visual thought where I could converse with the Iboga and be answered in thought holograms. I also had a high temperature at one stage like a fever and it felt much harder on my body than the crystalline experience of the extract, and also felt less clear than my initiation experience. Thus I feel performing an extraction leaves some nasties in the wood, or maybe our bodies are simply not designed to handle wood.

Around 50% of the alkaloids will be Ibogaine, but the other alkaloids are synergistic with the Ibogaine. They deepen, prolong and smooth the visionary and healing aspects of the experience, and are therefore worth including.

fallout330

Re: Non-toxic food safe extraction of Iboga alkaloids using limonene
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 10:53:10 AM »
Interesting experience and information Bancopuma, thanks for posting.

Offline Bancopuma

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 11:32:06 AM »
No worries dude.  :) I will definitely dabble with this tek more in the future, it hasn't been used enough to prove its effectiveness, but from my initial attempts and trial of the extract it definitely seems promising.

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 03:50:19 AM »
I'm gonna try this extraction, and I'll report back with my results..  I mentioned in another post about giving it a shot, but never got around to it.   Thanks Bancopuma, it seems that this may be a nicer extraction, that may pack more of a punch!
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Bancopuma

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 07:34:44 AM »
No worries dude, I'll be very interested to hear how you get on! I think like you I'm not particularly sensitive to Iboga, my experiences with 14g root bark and 1g pure Ibogaine + 100mg TPA alkaloids, while deeply cleansing, paled in comparison to my first experience, I believe with around the same amount of TA that you had, so I'm quite interested in this particular extract. This tek definitely produced an active extract on 5g of root bark, but it definitely needs more experimenting with to see whether it is a viable extraction tek for Iboga...I hope it is as it's so safe and so easy to perform.

Offline DoingKermit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 12:38:56 PM »
Whatsup Peoples?! Nice to see fellow Nexians on this amazing forum. This is perfect timing, as i have recently been heavily researching the subject to learn as much as possible before organising and embarking on my first ibogaine experience in April (along with my lady friend). I was planning to do this tek a while ago but had to go back to uni to finish my masters degree, which lead me to stick it on my to-do list. In the past few weeks i have been seriously thinking and researching the topic so i can be fully prepped for it when i finish classes.

I would love to hear how other people get on with this tek before doing it myself. It just seems sooooo easy! Thanks again Bancopuma, if everything goes according to plan i may just have to send you a bottle of wine or something ;) Peace

DK

Offline Rise

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 02:30:53 PM »
Any reports on this method?  I like the food safe non- toxic aspect of course.  Im looking for a less expensive way to access the alks and perhaps just order the bark and start from scratch.  I want to try iboga so bad but I find the cost a bit prohibitive thus far. 

Im just getting started in my investigations but it sure sounds like something I'd benefit from being exposed to.  Thanks in advance for all your help!

Rise

Offline chibbio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 06:49:38 AM »
Nice One Bancopuma, I will be doing an extraction using this method for my initiatory dose in about 3/4 weeks and will report back the findings.

Offline Bancopuma

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 12:12:47 PM »
Happy to help man! I think more experiments with this tek need to occur...I would hate for you to blow an initiation dose! But my tester dose was definitely active, and I am fully intending to use this tek in the future, it is safe, non-toxic and really easy to perform so I think it is definitely worthy of more research.

Offline Bancopuma

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 10:37:37 PM »
Hey y'all,

Someone over at the DMT Nexus has used this tek with a flood dose quantity of root bark, and it seems to have been effective, sounds like they had a deep and profound experience, supplemented with some root bark in capsules. The first flood experience relating to an extract produced via this tek that I am aware of. Seems promising but needs more research, thought it may be of interest to some...

https://www.dmt-nexus.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=10651&p=2
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 10:39:39 PM by Bancopuma »

Offline Psychenaut

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 01:54:48 PM »
What is the typical plant fat ratio? I always assumed it was 30 to 50%.  If this is the case wouldn't this make the camaroon rootbark about 3 to 4 percent?
I want all 5 stars and a tiara or I'm not playing!!! :p

Offline Caláf

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 07:29:27 PM »
Alfrendo got to attempt this tek and found it very effective.  It produced a yellowish shiny, clumpy extract.  Afterward, Methyl Ethyl Ketone was used effectively to change it from a yellow clumpy powder to an off-white powder.  This was done at room temp, then allowed to settle in a freezer, the MEK removed and discarded, the solids at the bottom kept.   2 rinses with MEK were performed.  btw, Alfrendo got about 9% off-white powder out of RB from a good vendor.

This reduced the total by 20% dry weight.  It's mildly stimulating at 50mg.  I think that the impurities removed by the MEK were d-limonene, calcium hydroxide, and some plant matter. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 01:39:24 AM by Caláf »

Offline Bancopuma

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 12:03:06 AM »
This is really great to hear, thanks for sharing!  :) The addition of MEK to the tek sounds like a good extra purification step.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:07:27 AM by Bancopuma »

Offline The Extractor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 12:24:14 PM »
Someone over at the DMT Nexus has used this tek with a flood dose quantity of root bark, and it seems to have been effective, sounds like they had a deep and profound experience, supplemented with some root bark in capsules. The first flood experience relating to an extract produced via this tek that I am aware of. Seems promising but needs more research, thought it may be of interest to some...

It was a very powerfull experience, indeed. ;D  Not sure if it would still be considered a flood since the vision state was not reached.  But it made my friend realize a lot of things, one of which is that he is highly resistant to therapy, unfortunately.  He needs a lot of work on a subconsious kind of level.  He calls it the "mind armor", it's when ones mind and soul work against each other.   He'll open a separate thread on his work in progress, in a lil while. 

He thinks this is a great tek, though!  Rather easy on the system, considering the amounts.  Big thanks!

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 06:16:09 PM »
I have been really busy but plan on giving this some attention and seeing what I can come up with.  Thanks to everyone giving this a go and reporting your experiences!
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."