Author Topic: Free Root Bark Drawing #2!!!  (Read 12552 times)

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Free Root Bark Drawing #2!!!
« on: January 19, 2011, 03:38:10 PM »
Hello, hello!

To kick off the new year with good vibes and lots of love - WE ARE HAVING ANOTHER DRAWING -yay!-  ;D (say "yay", dammit!)

Our friends at Cerberus Extract (http://cerberusextract.com/) will be donating 20g of top-notch T. iboga root bark to the winner!

Same deal as last contest, if you weren't here for that one - here's the skinny:

Participants encouraged to submit an "essay" - or your own definition thereof - (no minimum words, no worries over syntax - no one will be 'graded' on eloquence) about "Why/how you or a loved one would benefit from Iboga" OR "What would you do if gifted with 20g iboga root bark"

One entry per contestant - the way we'll do this is each member who wants to make an entry will do so by starting a thread in this board, this will encourage discourse and give a place to reply to each entry.

In the body of the text, please include Cerberus Extract's web address, thus:  http://cerberusextract.com/

Promotion will run for two weeks (from today) - winner will be selected by random drawing - so it doesn't matter if you think you are not the most gifted writer in the universe, your entry will go into the 'hat' and will be drawn at random using the unbiased GratefulDad Tek.

RULES

Must be an adult 18 or older

US entrants are encouraged, but shipping address MUST be outside the United States - shipping address to be provided directly to Cerberus by winner (please do not ask for shipping to areas where prohibited)

US participants, do not be discouraged about shipping policies - go ahead and enter, if you win, you can pay your gift forward to someone who is in an area not affected by Draconian law!

EDIT: You must have min 10 posts to enter  ;)  No longer a join date rule!!  Also, winner may be required to provide proof of age to pick up the package at the post office.  This is simply to eliminate the chance that children get their hands on it.

We wish to thank Cerberus Extract for their generosity, please visit them at: http://cerberusextract.com/ !

This thread will remain open for questions or discussion but remember to post your entries as a new thread on this board! Thanks, and good luck!

« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 08:00:31 PM by GratefulDad »
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
Re: Free Root Bark Drawing #2!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 03:46:41 AM »
YAY!!!!   MORE IBOGA!!!!  Good job on the contest, Cerberus!
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

RavAv

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 03:59:25 AM »
The quality of their product(s) is *****
 8)

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 07:21:15 PM »
So, since this hasn't gotten much attention all week, I was wondering if maybe removing the rule that people must have been signed up before the contest, might be beneficial.  I do hope that the bark goes to participating members in the community, but it doesn't seem like many of them have seen this, or perhaps they don't need the bark.  I have been hanging out at DMT-Nexus, and it seems some of my influence has helped bring in more folks.  Maybe some of these folks qualify.  Hopefully this post will make it more noticeable, but perhaps bending that final rule a bit may help increase the contest's popularity..

EDIT:  Rule change!  Thanks again Cerberus and Cal!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 07:59:09 PM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Pandora

• Harm Reduction FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 08:01:43 PM »
I am very saddened by this edit.  Earlier today it was 5 minimum posts to enter and now it is 10 which disqualifies me.  I will quit working on my essay.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment.  The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 08:24:17 PM »
Pandora, you have 7 posts, I am sure the essay will qualify by the time you can post it!  We just changed the rules so that the next winner is someone who wants to share on the forum.  By changing the rule to ten posts, but no join date, anyone can come today and give their input on a few topics, and enter.  This will help integrate new folks into the community, hopefully.  The last winner joined simply for the contest, and didn't share much at all.  This is what we want to avoid.   Also, many interesting Nexians joined in the last week, and we'd like to give them an opportunity to open up and take part in the contest.  It doesn't do very well promoting something when the winner doesn't share how the product was, or their experience..  You have already shown the willingness to do this Pandora, so don't sweat it.  You can easily make another two posts, and your essay can be the one that makes you qualify!!  :D
GratefulDad

Offline Pandora

• Harm Reduction FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 08:30:19 PM »
Really?  I misunderstood.  I appreciate the clarification.  So, the key appears to be to have 10 posts before submitting the essay, or even 9, with the essay being #10.  It's all good. 

I'll see what I can do.  I suspect I'll be well over 10 by the time I submit the essay within the next couple of days.  I was thinking of commenting on some of the recent experience reports and posting an update on my experience, as I did on Nexus.

The more people who join this community and who try iboga the better.  This healing must be shared.

Thank you.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment.  The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS

Offline atom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 09:10:46 PM »
uh the laws the laws, do people still adhere to those things??

i would do very little with iboga, but what iboga will do with me.. and in turn those around me, and in turn those around them, and those around them, is to be in human manifestation the ever present timeless force of love, a fully interconnected one, and vibrating all on the frequency of the cosmos.
is that too fluffy?
what do you want me to do.. to do for you.. or to see you thru..

Offline e man

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 02:49:12 PM »
Hey GD is my entry legit?

How can i check my post count?

Offline Cerberus Extract

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
    • Cerberus Extract
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 03:10:27 PM »
e man, yes it is :)
Cerberus Extract  - Canadian provider of top quality ethnobotanicals from all corners of the world, including Tabernanthe iboga.
http://www.cerberusextract.com

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 04:30:43 PM »
You can look right at your post in this thread.  Over to the left where it identifies you as the poster, just below your name/avatar area it has your post count.
GratefulDad

Offline e man

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 08:20:18 PM »
Oh yea, silly me.

Lets hope i'l; win :) good luck to all.

Offline ele

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 05:27:55 PM »
Thank you so much for this. <3

Offline Cerberus Extract

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
    • Cerberus Extract
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 11:08:54 AM »
Hey guys,

How about we end this contest today?

Cerberus Extract  - Canadian provider of top quality ethnobotanicals from all corners of the world, including Tabernanthe iboga.
http://www.cerberusextract.com

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 01:13:12 PM »
I'll do the drawing this afternoon.  I just woke up a bit ago, but I'll get it done before this evening.  Good luck to all of you!

So for entries we have rho, eman,  ele, mo, Pandora, and crazylife?  I counted six entries, I think.  I will enter all the names into a hat, and have one of the kids reach in and pick.  I'll announce the winner tonight or in the morning.  Sorry for the delay, I had a lot of errands to run today.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 09:58:36 PM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad