Author Topic: German chamomile helps prevent morphine addiction.  (Read 5536 times)

Offline PsilocybeChild

• View Profile
German chamomile helps prevent morphine addiction.
« on: December 25, 2011, 04:14:19 AM »
It helps to inhibit the development of addiction and also prevents the withdrawal symptoms.

Matricaria chamomilla extract inhibits both development of morphine dependence and expression of abstinence syndrome in rats.
Adel Gomaa, Tahia Hashem, Mahmoud Mohamed, Esraa Ashry
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Assiut University, Egypt.

The effect of Matricaria chamomilla (M. chamomilla) on the development of morphine dependence and expression of abstinence was investigated in rats. The frequencies of withdrawal behavioral signs (paw tremor, rearing, teeth chattering, body shakes, ptosis, diarrhea, and urination) and weight loss induced by naloxone challenge were demonstrated in morphine-dependent rats receiving M. chamomilla extract or saline. The withdrawal behavioral manifestations and weight loss were inhibited significantly by chronic co-administration of M. chamomilla extract with morphine. Administration of a single dose of M. chamomilla before the naloxone challenge in morphine-dependent animals abolished the withdrawal behavioral manifestations. The dramatic increase of plasma cAMP induced by naloxone-precipitated abstinence was prevented by chronic co-administration of M. chamomilla extract with morphine. These results suggest that M. chamomilla extract inhibits the development of morphine dependence and expression of abstinence syndrome.

I believe the specific constituent of German Chamomile they're describing is Apigenin. Which can be bought OTC. It's a potent CYP1A2 and CYP2C9 metabolic/digestive enzyme inhibitor. And also an NMDA antagonist, which, by the way they work, help to prevent addictions to anything. Not just opiates. This does not mean to go out and supplement this with irresponsible behavior & use of a drug that could lead to an addiction.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 04:17:39 AM by PsilocybeChild »
"We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and too late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross."

Kambo.tk

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: German chamomile helps prevent morphine addiction.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 11:02:33 AM »
Fascinating Psilocybe - do you have a link to the full article?

This could be a very good adjunct to iboga therapies and detox treatments. Apigenin is available online and at supplement/diet stores all over and could be a good thing to have on hand to augment and expedite recovery time - perhaps in line with other supplements and adaptagens like rhodiola rosea.

Interesting man, thanks for sharing - this definitely bears further scrutiny.
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline PsilocybeChild

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 03:38:00 AM »
I just did a quick google search. This looks like the one.

http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jphs/92/1/50/_pdf
"We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and too late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross."

Kambo.tk

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 08:42:09 PM »
Awesome thanks alot Psilocybe  :)
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline verynortyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 02:45:49 PM »
Thanks making some right now

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 02:52:44 PM »
Better extract it.  Make sure.  I doubt you gonna get the fullness by having it as a tea.  In fact that sounds like a pretty wimpy way to go full head at an addiction.  Hit it head on by extracting it. 

Then helps can be change to attacks. 

"German Chamomile Extract ATTACKS morphine addiction" ? ? ? Just maybe. 

Iboga Panacea

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 09:58:47 AM »

Hi People,

I have heard similar things like this before, one Dr said Vit C will stop w/d (it was a National Enquirer article) of course it did not work.  I do hope it helps for it seems safe enough and cheap enough.  What I like to see is people that I know on the forum say it worked for me.  If anyone has used it and had good results please let us in on it.

Best to all,

Roy