Author Topic: What to do between stopping suboxone and flood dose??  (Read 13266 times)

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: What to do between stopping suboxone and flood dose??
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 07:09:39 PM »
Roy,

I am one of those who got down to about .5 and can't go any lower without major discomfort, therefore it is time to get off of the stuff.  My doctor did tell me the last time I saw him that I was low enough to just stop taking it.  Other than that he was not a bad guy.  I had managed to stockpile a lot of sub and have not been to the doctor in 9 months.  It was cash only, but he didn't charge that much and my low dose didn't cost me that much at the pharmacy.

Money is not much of a problem so I just need to figure out how I am going to procure the SAOs.  I am thinking about going to a doctor and pretty much telling the truth.  If it doesn't work I will try a couple more times.  Then, if necessary, I will start asking around.  Who knows....I might just start asking around but I really don't want to start dealing with those shady characters (like my old self) again. 

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2012, 02:13:33 PM »

Howdy Light,

If you go  back to the poppy tea do you think something like Gas-X or Bentyl will help?

Just a thought,

Roy

Offline digital_phreedom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 06:46:57 PM »
I have had luck in the past just going to my doctor and being honest..

"So... I'm shooting a gram of heroin a day, and I REALLY want to quit.. But I HAVE to lower my tolerance gradually before I stop altogether."

--Ok, well I can put you on methadone or suboxone.

"Yeah, but I don't really want to get on that long-acting crap again.  I was hoping to use shorter acting chemicals, like hydrocodone or oxycodone"

--Well we can do that, but with your tolerance I'd have to start you off with at least 180 norcos a month, and that's about all I can do.

I told her that would be fine, and we worked out a dosing schedule.  Honesty can sometimes be the best policy.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 10:01:29 PM »
I have had luck in the past just going to my doctor and being honest..

I can try it, however I don't have a doctor since I recently moved to my current location from another state.  I did see a guy several months back about some prostate issues and told him that I was on subs.  He said that I should get off the subs since they may be causing my prostate problems.  He was also quick to write a couple of scripts, but aren't they all?  I think I will go in there this week and tell him that I want to get off the subs and I only have a week off of work so I need to get the short acting opiate in my system long before I actually go cold turkey.  This is worth a try, however I really don't like the idea of wasting $100 (cost of appt), although the other procurement method would be far more expensive.

I really don't need to go into all the ibogaine stuff, lest the doc look at me like WTF are you talking about!  Beat it!

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 11:00:57 AM »
Damn digi I can't believe you found a doctor to write you for those indications. You play golf with him or something?  :o

That sure as shit hasn't been  my experience - honesty only ever fucked me at the doctor's office...seems like one or the other of us had to be 'unethical'...heh.
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 05:03:21 PM »
I did see a guy several months back about some prostate issues and told him that I was on subs.  He said that I should get off the subs since they may be causing my prostate problems.  He was also quick to write a couple of scripts, but aren't they all?  I think I will go in there this week and tell him that I want to get off the subs and I only have a week off of work so I need to get the short acting opiate in my system long before I actually go cold turkey.  This is worth a try, however I really don't like the idea of wasting $100 (cost of appt), although the other procurement method would be far more expensive.

I really don't need to go into all the ibogaine stuff, lest the doc look at me like WTF are you talking about!  Beat it!

One of the alkaloids in poppy pods is noscapine, which is a "off label" use for treating prostate cancer.  It is used as a cough suppressant, as well.  Check out noscapine.org ...  Noscapine has been known to prevent prostate cancer and even reduce cancerous tumors.  It can be prescribed by itself, but can be found in a short acting, all natural opiate mix, by just using poppy pods...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:39:02 PM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 07:36:27 PM »
Just to provide an update to y'all, I am stable 8) on the pod flour.  This combined with some micro dosing goes a long way through the day providing a nice level feeling, at least for me.  I had some apprehension before making the switch, but I'm not sure why.  I simply toss the stuff in goat milk kefir and knock it back twice a day.  The sour taste of the (plain) kefir completely eliminates the filthy taste of pods.

This is another step in the right direction for me as I am now suboxone free and will not be looking back.  I now know after a couple of days off the subbies that they were causing me some stress, anxiety and restlessness.  It feels good to be able to chill out again.

Many thanks for the continued help and support from ppl on this forum.  35 days and counting and I am off to (CANADA) to flood! :)

Offline evolutionofone

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2012, 11:58:52 PM »
Very glad to hear you are finally off sub! Its a very good decision to be off sub & on pods over a month before your flood, that time off sub will certainly save you some suffering. From what you've told me about your healthy lifestyle, & plans after flooding, I think you will be very well prepared.  Much more so than I was.  If those adrenal fatigue supplements are truly effective, I think they might possibly become a necessity for anyone coming off long-term suboxone maintenence.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:00:54 AM by evolutionofone »

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 11:17:07 AM »
If those adrenal fatigue supplements are truly effective, I think they might possibly become a necessity for anyone coming off long-term suboxone maintenence.

What supplements are those evolution?

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 11:28:32 AM »
Standard Process Adrenal Dessicated for 1-3 months, then Drenamin for a year or two.  This is for people with moderate to severe adrenal exhaustion, i.e. most addicts (from caffeine to dope).

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 02:23:03 PM »
This is interesting - I don't remember reading about these...are they prescription only? Have to research this, thanks!

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2012, 09:40:57 PM »
are they prescription only?

Nah, you can buy it online and it is not the only brand of adrenal cortex, but the best IMO.  You can use raw adrenal for a few months while at the same time doing things to bring your own adrenals back up to snuff.  Lots of vitamin C, magnesium, zinc, holy basil, relaxation techniques (yoga, meditation, what have you), exercise, HEALTHIER DIET, etc. 

In just a few months of focused effort toward restoring proper adrenal function you will likely end up bringing about so many other health benefits by doing the things mentioned above.  It may not even be that the adrenals are the issue for everyone, but it can still be a starting point toward making major health improvements.

After those few months one can take Drenamin to support the functioning of ones own adrenals.  BTW, I have felt a big boost from taking Adrenal Dessicated, it was even uncomfortable at times having all of that energy just because I wasn't used to it.

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 02:27:11 PM »
Appreciate the info!  :)

Offline ready2stop

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 06:52:17 PM »
Hi all, just happened upon your website and thread...  I'm actually in this exact situation.   I just went off suboxone 7 days ago onto morphine (approximately 45 - 60 mg a day) and am waiting till my flood date of 8/25/12.    Unfortunately Brandon/LightSwitchedOn's story and some others have freaked me out that I'm not taking enough time off suboxone before doing Ibogaine (approximately 5 weeks).   I was on approximately 4mg of suboxone for 4 years prior to stopping a week ago.   In addition to the morphine, I take 5 - 10 mg of valium to help me sleep too, as I was told by the Ibogaine provider that I needed to get off Ambien (8 year user) for at least a month, in addition to the Suboxone prior to Ibo treatment.  The transition onto morphine has been seamless - virtually no withdrawal symptoms and no getting high on the morphine.  I just feel regular, but a little anxious at times...  that's all.   I want the Ibogaine to work so bad on 8/25/12, as I'm ready to live an opiate free life...  but I'm pretty scared now that I didn't give myself enough time.   I've already taken a week's vacation to go to central america the end of August and bought plane tix for my wife & me - so I guess I gotta do it and hope for the best.  Any recommendations on any other things I should or should not do over the next 4 weeks to prepare for the treatment??  It sure would be appreciated, especially by those who have been through the process of getting off suboxone.  Thanks so much and glad I found your website.

abacus
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 07:20:48 PM by ready2stop »

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2012, 08:51:11 PM »
Do not let my experience deter you at all.  With my flood attempt there were some failings on my part.  First off, I didn't wait long enough between my last dose of opiate and iboga.  Second off, I self-induced the majority of my purging which definitely was not a good thing to do.  That being said, I never even achieved a flood state.  I would like to write that there was more to it than that, but really there isn't (not anything relevant at least).

I was likely given enough iboga, but (mistakenly) purged much of it out in 2 rounds of self-induced purging.

I am not sure what I did and didn't say or mention in those first two weeks following, but whatever it was I should mention that I was likely on high doses of benzos.  The first two weeks were spent struggling and using and these last two have been a clean struggle to get through work, so I apologize for not providing this essential piece of information earlier.  There was no failing on the side of my provider considering I stubbornly did what I did against his advice.

I should also mention that I went into this with a prostate infection that seemed to be aggravated by iboga.  I know that for sure now that I haven't touched iboga in several weeks.  I felt like I had to pee 80% of the time....and it was a powerful feeling that I was struggling with.  I am not sure if this may've subsided had I gone to "flood land", but that thought of ataxia combined with that major irritation had me scared shitless and I never indicated (I don't think) that to my provider.

At this point I am not upset at about my mistakes and am happy to be where I am.  These last couple of days I have been doing okay.  The past is the past, however if others can learn from my experiences (including failings) than they ought to be shared.