Author Topic: I Want A New Drug {Huey Lewis & The News}  (Read 4734 times)

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
I Want A New Drug {Huey Lewis & The News}
« on: February 17, 2013, 12:30:55 PM »
These lyrics have jingled through my head off and on for years, but now more than ever. But it's a search for proper vitamins/ supplements to aide mind and body and improve mood. I've been doing many of the recommendations seen here and elsewhere. The problem is there are so many suggestions that it gets to be too much. I've got a health store in my cabinet. Tyrosine, Rhodiola, Theanine, valerian root, kava kava, passion flower, magnesium, melatonin. I know that looking for happiness in a bottle of pills is a wasted venture all by itself. I'm doing the other things like a healthy diet, exercise, and keeping a positive attitude. I'm trying to venture into meditation and yoga although I'm skeptical. I've considered kambo but would only do it with an experience healer. Thinking about acupuncure but think the key is finding the right expert.

My question comes back to where I started. What is the best supplement/method for improving mood and energy? I'm looking to make it more simple. Is there any consensus here?

Iboga Panacea

Re: I Want A New Drug {Huey Lewis & The News}
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 01:06:34 PM »
What is the best supplement/method for improving mood and energy?

My vote is for Rape' snuff aka Ruma from the Kaxinawa/Yawanawa tribes.  Also Singado which is a tobacco tea made from Nicotiana Rustica and drink through the nose.  Nothing gets me over the hump like Nicotiana, done the proper way.  I even bring my Singado to work in the gardens for if I get tired or get hungry I have a bit and then almost immediately feel uplifted and not hungry.  It doesn't have the come down effect either like ganja does.  Powerful Nootropics direct from nature made by the masters. 

This book might be good reference for my wild ideas...
http://www.amazon.com/Tobacco-Shamanism-America-Psychoactive-Plants/dp/0300057903

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 01:23:30 PM »
That's what I'm talking about Kiap. It' a new idea I have never come across in my research (ie "I want a new drug")

KP, how did your test of Noopept turn out? I just ordered some. BT has got a good result as have some others.

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 01:42:28 PM »
I haven't tried the Nopept yet.  I go through long phases of either working with Aya or Ibo.  I don't want to combine the Nopept with Aya because it seems no one knows how they synergize or contraindicate.  So I'm kind of waiting to hear on that.  It seems the results for Ibo and Nopept are a definite YES! But the Aya with Nopept I don't feel word is quite positive yet.  Basically I'm waiting for JBG to see if it's ok or not. 

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 01:43:50 PM »
I'm trying to venture into meditation and yoga although I'm skeptical. I've considered kambo but would only do it with an experience healer.

If I am not mistaken (elders please correct if I am) doing Kambo anytime soon will eliminate the Nori from your system --- bad move! 

Ask yourself why you are skeptical?  That's the real question.  I am the same way which is why I ask. 
This is how I found mantra yoga to be the right fit for me.  I was weak, couldn't do full on yoga, and stepped out of my comfort zone and explored my interest in vibrations from chanting...then whalla! 
Bottom line, linking breathe to movement, whether in yoga or mantra yoga or just stretching and breathing......and having that mental and physical discipline, will give you a sense of grounding and emotional stability that is unmatched by most drugs.  It's natural, which lasts longer, and is more powerful in the short and long run if used regularly. 

Noopept keeps me focused.  A little bit of energy from the focus.  I love caffeine.  Under 400 mgs a day and you are safe they say. 

I just quit smoking cigarettes, which is why I won't think about the tobacco.  Otherwise, I take KIAP's recommendations to heart.   

Let us know what you decide on.......this thread could be gold!

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 02:00:28 PM »
If I am not mistaken (elders please correct if I am) doing Kambo anytime soon will eliminate the Nori from your system

It's never caused that problem (eliminating noribogaine flow) for me. 

I just quit smoking cigarettes, which is why I won't think about the tobacco.

Definitely smoking it will not help.  Especially since it is a different plant almost entirely.  Whereas what you smoke was Nicotiana Tabacum, Nicotiana Rustica is what I use for a snuff and tea through the nose only about 3ml per each nostril.

Again a warning that if you seek such methods very careful instructions should be sought out before hand as Nicotiana Rustica Tea through the nose is rather a risky way to get high.  But definitely works, in fact I wonder when it will catch on like wild fire.   

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 03:36:46 PM »
I haven't tried the Nopept yet.  I go through long phases of either working with Aya or Ibo.  I don't want to combine the Nopept with Aya because it seems no one knows how they synergize or contraindicate.  So I'm kind of waiting to hear on that.  It seems the results for Ibo and Nopept are a definite YES! But the Aya with Nopept I don't feel word is quite positive yet.  Basically I'm waiting for JBG to see if it's ok or not.

did 8 days of a very strong aya mix  + noopept
i took 1/8 of a full dose of aya 2x/day + noopept 30 mg in am and 20 mg early afternoon
VERY COMPLIMENTARY
VERY SMOOTH
did not feel any negative .....

The British National Formulary makes no mention of adverse interactions of piracetam and MAOIs; renal impairment and treatment with the anticoagulant wasrfarin are mentioned as being hazardous.Piracetam is licensed in the UK as an adjunct in the treatment of myoclonus of cortical origin, which kind of makes sense when you consider the structural similarities between this and GABA.

" . . . THE ONLY WAY TO VALIDATE YOUR EXISTANCE IS TO ACCEPT THE REALITY OF YOUR NON-EXISTANCE . . . "

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 03:38:02 PM »
I'm fighting to quit smoking now BT. I have an appt Tues with a chiropractor who does a smoking cessation treatment through some treatment on the ears. It has been successful with many who recommend this guy. Sounds corny but I'll try anything. I believe smoking has weakened me and may be the underlying reason for my lack of energy. I am having problems with aerobic exercise, not from shortness of breath so much ( although that's there), but rather chilling and fatigue once I hit the point of sweating. I've always perspired profusely. I played basketball in a morning league into my 40's then had to give it up on the recommendation of a back surgeon treating me for severe disc degeneration and a ruptured disc. He said any impact sports/activity would pound those uncushioned discs and exasperate the pain. I gave up tennis at the same time. I don't have access to a pool here which would be ideal I think. Have been looking at an exercise bike. However I have this issue of this bad reaction to sweating. It's a new problem noticed in past 5 years. Had a little heat stroke about the same time when I was doing some yard reseeding work in 95% weather. Can't figure it out. Have looked at maybe cholergenic problems but the science evades me.

Think I will venture further into yoga and see what it brings to the table. Kiap, the kambo intrigues, but I'm not called to it the same way as I was to the iboga. If I was, I would like to find out if you would entertain the idea of me traveling to your location for a consultation(probably not the right term). You seem to be the resident expert.

As I said, I just ordered some Noopept. Have researched that and found only positive info on the web. Also, BT and others have endorsed it.

I am convinced I have some chemical imbalance but I have no confidence in conventional medicine at this point or the "medications" it offers.The exploration continues. Sure hope this isn't hypochondria.

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 04:08:11 PM »
Of course Fritzerman.

Thanks JBG, I'm on a similar regiment but having a full when the suns out and above 40f and it's hospitable to have the journey in the forest light.

Much love!

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 05:57:14 PM »
I'm fighting to quit smoking now BT. I have an appt Tues with a chiropractor who does a smoking cessation treatment through some treatment on the ears. It has been successful with many who recommend this guy. Sounds corny but I'll try anything. I believe smoking has weakened me and may be the underlying reason for my lack of energy.
I am convinced I have some chemical imbalance but I have no confidence in conventional medicine at this point or the "medications" it offers.The exploration continues. Sure hope this isn't hypochondria.

"Some chemical imbalance."  This needs to be explored.  Our "chemical balance" is a relative term.  Yes, a decade of smoking 15 cigs a day has created many nicotine receptors over time.  There's a whole lot more that the behavior destroys, but you get it.  My behavior of being a careless mostly public smoker for 10 years is deeply intertwined and embedded in the tapestry that is the chemical make-up of all that reinforcement for all those years.  You better believe us smokers have a "chemical imbalance."  Just to name a few changes in a month:

1 month cigarette free ---  I use the patch 3rd step and done this Friday

I still feel a little strange and depleted post intense cardio
I can go high altitude snowboarding and breathe just fine though, play racquetball just fine. 
I have learned to love my breathe as a spiritual thing!
I have no worry how I smell.
I have handled a few emotionally charged situations and not smoked...
I love myself more.  I am who I want be.  :)    And this has been the key.  Read my Iboga and DMT thread if you can, and you'll see that someone posts about how the more Buddhist or passive approach and choosing to not be a smoker makes things easier.  It's still been challenging at times, but capitalize on the wave of change man!  It's amazing how a simple change of thinking made the world of difference.  The mind is alive and in control!  Best to be aware. 

I used myriad tools to quit smoking.  Some were changing my thinking/perception, some were bought at Walmart (the patch), and some were, well, entheogens.....I don't smoke, therefore, I do not have to try to not smoke.   

Sure, I am irritable at times man.  So is my gf.  But we recognize that it's going to be like that while we
"reset."  You have to laugh as much as you can.  Know that you may seem like an asshole-mother fucker (pardon my french) at times.  The whole Major Shift is much more all encompassing than a decade of being a zombie addicted to the most fucked up drug that's mass produced. 

Jump on board!  You will in time. 

Peace,  B

« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 06:37:08 PM by BlueTiger »