Author Topic: NOOTROPICS  (Read 8414 times)

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
NOOTROPICS
« on: February 18, 2013, 02:01:32 AM »
After much research
I am presenting 4 nootropics that affect and work in very different ways
and are very synergistic.
These 4 nootropics would be beneficial to most people
and especially helpful to use for the weeks leading up to and the weeks after a flood.
(although probably best to stop 48 hrs before the flood)
They are also ideal for any person who has abused his brain cells in the past
Not all nootropics work for all people
some people are not affected by certain nootropics
be patient and try one at a time for a few weeks

Sulbutiamine

Sulbutiamine’s nootropic properties boost both physical and mental levels in the body leaving you with a feeling of high energy, clear focus and improved mood.

Sulbutiamine is an lipophilic (fat-soluble) analogue of Vitamin B1 (thiamine) which crosses the blood-brain-barrier easier than thiamine itself. Its main mechanism of action is thought to occur in the part of the brain which affects motivation and arousal, explaining its positive effects on mood and energy.

Sulbutiamine is shown to increase cholinergic activity in the hippocampus, meaning that it positively affects acetylcholine levels in the brain, improving memory. It also potentiates glutamatergic activity in the prefrontal cortex (PFC) – the part of the brain used in co-ordinating complex cognitive behaviour, decision making and moderating correct social behavior. When sulbutiamine acts on the PFC, it affects intrasynaptic glutamate levels which ultimately improves both memory and mental performance.

Centrophenoxine
Centrophenoxine, also known as Lucidril or Meclofenoxate HCL, works by stimulating glucose and oxygen uptake in the brain and body.

Centro reduces damage that has been caused to nerve cells through the ageing process by reducing elevated lipofuscin levels. It is highly effective at detoxing the brain and cells throughout the body by lowering lipofuscin, which is the build of of potassium in cells within the body.

Furthermore, Centro also increases production of proteins and RNA and thus has the ability to improve memory and cognition indirectly. This makes it ideal to stack with other nootropics, as the mechanism of action is entirely different from what one would experience with the racetams. Since it elevate acetylcholine levels in the brain, stacking with aniracetam or oxiracetam is optimal for even better results.

Simply put, centrophenoxine helps combat the signs of ageing, is a neuro-energizer, antioxidant and it improves neural energy. Its proven to effectively improve memory and the speed at which they are stored.

Centrophenoxine is ideal for improving conditions such as:

• Memory decline through aging
• Dementia and Alzheimer’s (clinically)
• Brain damage or injuries
• Alcohol or drug abuse symptoms and effects

Vinpocetine
Vinpocetine is primarily used as a cerebral vasodilator, a neural-antioxidant and for its memory enhancing properties

It improves bloodflow directly to the brain without affecting any other organs of the body, which is ideal as you don’t want increased blood pressure when seeking a mental performance boost. Vinpocetine also aids in the removal of toxins and free-radicals in the cerebral cortex.

Research suggests that vinpocetine demonstrates the following properties:

• Improves Circulation in the Brain
• Enhances Memory
• Removes Toxins and Free-Radicals
• Increases Blood-flow to/from the Brain
• Heightens Awareness
• Increases ATP production in the Brain

Some research has suggested that vinpocetine can also improve night vision, prevent or relieve symptoms of glaucoma, improve cardiovascular function and potentially be effective in bladder control for people with weak bladders.

NOPEPT
Noopept is said to be one of the strongest Piracetam analogues available, and works similarly in terms of mechanisms of action. Overall, Noopept has shown benefits in terms of improved mood, increased levels of focus and restored cognitive performance. (memory, concentration, etc.)

Noopept is very bioavailable¹, which means it is easily absorbed into the body, either sublingually (mind the taste!) or via your gastrointestinal tract. We're providing a capped product primarily because of the taste and for added convenience.

Now, once digested in the GIT, it (easily) crosses the blood-brain barrier for rapid absorption within the brain.²

Chemically, Noopept is known as N-phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester, and it converts to cyclo-prolylglycine when it is in the brain. L-cyclo-proglycine is an endogenous (native) neuropeptide within the brain which is responsible for regulating ones reaction to fear. This is where the anxiolytic (mood) aspect of Noopept comes in, and how it is exhibits the same mechanisms of action as Piracetam on the brain.³ ?

Additionally, there are studies which demonstrate the neuroprotective, regenerative and memory improving properties of this smart drug, referenced here, here and here.

In the studies we see that Noopept has a positive effect on cognitive-restoration by way of neuronal plasticity and the neuroprotective benefits are demonstrated by its ability to reduce neurotoxicity.

Finally, Noopept stimulates nerve growth factor, or NGF for short, which is a protein that is important for neuron growth and maintenance.?

So we can see there is a lot of research being done on Noopept, which is demonstrating promising results not only in the lab but also for people who use it on a day-to-day ba
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:22:06 AM by JohnnyB.Goode »
" . . . THE ONLY WAY TO VALIDATE YOUR EXISTANCE IS TO ACCEPT THE REALITY OF YOUR NON-EXISTANCE . . . "

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NOOTROPICS
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 09:24:19 AM »
Thanks JBG for all your hard work! 

I am so glad to have Noopept to work with these days!

"L-cyclo-proglycine is an endogenous (native) neuropeptide within the brain which is responsible for regulating ones reaction to fear. This is where the anxiolytic (mood) aspect of Noopept comes in, and how it is exhibits the same mechanisms of action as Piracetam on the brain.³ ?"

Well, that explains a situation I had driving the other day.....let's just say my heart rate should have raised a few notches, but didn't.   :o

I week today with Noopept.  I can feel it accumulating by now.  Very cool. 

JBG, are you taking all 4 at the same time?

Where does Noopept rank next to these others?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:31:44 AM by BlueTiger »

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 09:36:57 AM »

I have used piracetam alot, never Nopept though.  JBG, how would you compare the two?

Offline JackTripper

• High Pope
  • maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 12:49:42 PM »
I need to look into these & possibly consider adding some to my own process of recovery & healing.
this is all very new to me.
Thanks for the research & info.
The root does not work for you, you must work for the root.

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 03:35:34 PM »

I have used piracetam alot, never Nopept though.  JBG, how would you compare the two?

personally i had no success with piracetam
there are those with each nootropic
noopept was a hit with me the first dose and just gets better

here's one scholarly article comparing the two
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11055-009-9128-4

summary of the article

The drugs faced off in two different groups of participants. One group was made up of patients with CNS diseases of vascular origin, while the other was made up of patients suffering from post-traumatic CNS disorders. Noopept was administered in three daily doses of 20 mg, while piracetam was administered in three daily doses of 1200 mg.
Noopept Proved to be Safer and More Effective than Piracetam
The study found that while both nootropics improved the condition of patients in the study, Noopept was more effective. Within the first week of treatment patients suffering from vascular CNS diseases began to show signs of improvement. These improvements were mild at first, but increased more and more with each week of treatment. Virtually all patients suffering from vascular CNS diseases benefited from treatment with Noopept. It was almost as effective at treating trauma induced CNS diseases as well.
While the study found that piracetam also helped, it showed Noopept as a clear winner. The study found a 95% probibility that patients suffering from CNS diseases of a vascular origin would have better results from treatment with noopept instead of piracetam. Similar results were noted for CNS diseases caused by trauma.
The study found that Noopept is also much less likely to produce adverse effects. 1.8 times less likely to be exact. While we can’t extrapolate the results of this study to say definitively that noopept is a better cognitive enhancer in healthy people, this plus mountains of anecdotal evidence seem to point that way.
" . . . THE ONLY WAY TO VALIDATE YOUR EXISTANCE IS TO ACCEPT THE REALITY OF YOUR NON-EXISTANCE . . . "

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 03:38:28 PM »

I week today with Noopept.  I can feel it accumulating by now.  Very cool. 

JBG, are you taking all 4 at the same time?

Where does Noopept rank next to these others?

i am just taking noopept now
noopept seems to be the safest with most long term benefits

i will adding a test run with sulb and vinpoc in the next few weeks to see how they add

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 08:34:04 PM »
I am a non-smoker as of a month ago which has opened up a vortex of change in my brain that can only stabilize overtime.  The Noopept has made me feel like I was able to grasp on to a life raft and focus my mind on the task at hand.  No matter where my mind previously may have ventured off and taken my body with it of course, I am always returning to what I have set my mind out to, not getting side tracked or even wanting to procrastinate, almost like I imagine real adults operate ;)  I am still not at full potential, but I am ready to take off once the right opportunity presents itself.

Plus, I continued ganja use all week, even challenged the power of Noopept with some hard core indicas.....yeah, stick with sativa if you ever want to get shit done ;)  I just refilled with 100% Sativa and it feels like full blown focus and energy as I write this!  I am very excited to see how it affects my life in days 9-20 as I reduce the marijuana intake and implement the structure of working again.   

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:12:51 PM by BlueTiger »

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 04:53:10 PM »
Hopefully my Noopept order will arrive by this weekend. From what you all are saying here, I have high expectations. Like the sound of the giving of focus to get things some. Yeah, I got that issue going on in my life. It's like I am lazy, but only in the last couple years. Have been working on simple discipline to complete things. Of course, my sick ass would rather just take a pill. Started day one of totally quitting smoking. BT, how are the cravings after one month? They compare giving up cigs to quitting heroin. Don't know who "they" are. Bet they never quit heroin.

This is 11th day since last pain pills and doing flood. Other than trouble with sleep (I expected that), I seem to improve each day. Still maintaing good nutrition. Gulping down the green goodness and now also the blue goodness. Nothing like a fresh healthy addiction!

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 08:54:18 PM »
I don't really get "cravings" to the degree I did on other attempts.  I am on step 3 of the Clear patch (5 weeks total program I customized).  I have quit 8 or 9 times in the last 10 years and never before felt like I had a fighting chance.  The mind is in control and the body follows my friend.  It's all about your greater decision to just be who you want to be.  Then the "cravings" are just something your higher brain functioning sees as the remnants of a previous life and although unfortunate, something you can hopefully laugh about how weird and crazy it all is.  But with the ultimate choice set and made, there's is no going back.....

So, I have tried other things as well to aid in the process this time, a multi-pronged approach.  DMT was there for me when needed, acupuncture, massage.  And I may actually be turning into a cannabis plant at this point.  But I am feeling pretty good about the direction I am going.   8)

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 02:56:47 AM »
Vinpocetine may also cause a temporary drop in blood pressure.

Vinpocetine shouldn’t be taken by pregnant or nursing women. The safety of vinpocetine in people with liver or kidney damage isn't known. People with bleeding disorders, low blood pressure or seizure disorders shouldn't use vinpocetine. It also shouldn't be used two weeks before or after a surgical or dental procedure.

There is one case report of agranulocytosis associated with the use of vinpocetine

Possible Drug Interactions

Vinpocetine shouldn’t be taken by people who are taking drugs or herbs that “thin” the blood (anticlotting or antiplatelet medications), such as aspirin, Plavix (clopidogrel), Ticlid (ticlopidine), (Trental) pentoxifylline, vitamin E, garlic or ginkgo. It should not be used with Coumadin (warfarin).

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 11:38:02 PM »

These 4 nootropics would be beneficial to most people
and especially helpful to use for the weeks leading up to and the weeks after a flood.
(although probably best to stop 48 hrs before the flood)
JBG, any recommendations on how long to wait AFTER a flood to start taking Noopept again?

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 02:42:18 AM »
with brahmi i used to start up again 72 hours after the flood
noopept is very mild and safe
my guess would be to start with 10 mg the first day or two
and the maybe 10 mg  2x a day from the 3rd day
i would guess you might need to take less now
as noopept increases neuroplasticity
it should be perfect post flood to help make those brain/flood changes more permanent
don't forget daily exercise and healthy diet

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 03:47:09 PM »
Hi JBG,

What are your experiences with Sulbutiamine?

From my reading, it seems that it would compliment Noopept for those folks who physically exert themselves in there daily lives a lot post flood.

In any case, the energy issue is big for many post flood.... 

I still love my caffeine, but could look to other alternatives to take breaks....I am trying to avoid Kambo for the immediate moment since it scares the shit out of me, thus, my attention has been drawn to: Sulbutiamine

The B-Unit