Author Topic: 12 hours until flood [MERGED]  (Read 16798 times)

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
12 hours until flood [MERGED]
« on: June 11, 2013, 01:40:21 PM »
Took the last pain pill at about noon and will plan to start dosing at about midnight. The withdrawals should be pretty well kicked in by then. I have been up to about 200 mg per day of oxycodone and OxyContin. I have been micro-dosing for several weeks at 600 mg to 1200 mg RB per day using a schedule of five days on and then a break of two days. This began for the purpose of tapering, but my discipline was lacking.

I capped up the HCL last night. Three capsules of 400 mg each and one capsule of 300 mg, for a total of 1.5 g. At my weight (about 180 pounds) this equals approximately 18 mg/kg. I will take the 300 mg first as the test dose and spread the rest over the next 3-4 hours.

This is my fourth flood. Iboga has always worked for me to eliminate withdrawals, but I relied on it too much as a magic cure, rather than committing to do my part in making life changes. I think I have a better approach lined up this time. I am looking forward to getting the "spiritual awakening" which has always been lacking during my prior three floods. I will follow-up with AA/NA meetings where I have always found strong reinforcement and support.

I will post when able to give an update of how things go. Thanks for all your help and support.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 10:53:17 PM by Calaquendi »

Offline lbark

• Donating Member
  • Like to talk about Iboga? I like to listen
    • View Profile
Re: 12 hours until flood
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 02:07:51 PM »
Best of luck man.
Make this time, the time.
Basse' to my Posse'

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 02:16:42 PM »
I wish you all the best fritzerman!

You can and will stay clean...just do whatever it takes.  Even if you don't get the spiritual awakening that you so desire from the flood, keep pressing on and seek your own inner truth...the awakening will come.  Working those steps probably won't hurt.  The 12-step approach is at the core of my recovery, but I do a lot peripheral stuff to round out my holistic recovery.  That's why I hang out in the majikal land of Ebokia from time to time ;)

Again, positive intentions and best of luck to you my friend.

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 03:08:10 PM »
Fritzerman,

For some the fourth time is the charm... You got this.  You seem much better prepared to do some work yourself, which is very important.  I will be sending you good vibes all night, my friend.

Much Love,
lala

Offline kbud

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 03:19:57 PM »
journey well.. we'll see you on the other side!

Offline ddraig

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 11:32:45 PM »
God Bless Brother! See you on the other side!

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 08:15:29 AM »
 Godspeed, may you find what you're seeking and get all that you need from this experience. My thoughts and prayers are with you - stay safe and journey well fritz, and please check in with us as soon as you are up for it!

Wishing you the very best, Cal
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline lbark

• Donating Member
  • Like to talk about Iboga? I like to listen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 04:39:05 PM »
Your about 24 hours in Kbud.
I feel the change.
Stay positive and put in your part. You are coming home my man!
Basse' to my Posse'

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 11:08:56 AM »
I started taking iboga at about 10:30 PM on Tuesday. Didn't have any real visions or spiritual awakening, but the iboga did rid me of any serious withdrawal symptoms. Having a little sneezing and watery eyes. However, I still feel dead with no zip. Managed to walk around the block earlier this morning and also managed to take a little protein shake and some apple juice on my stomach. I misplaced where I saved my list of supplements or vitamins. Thanks for all your support.

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 01:33:13 PM »
Hey Fritzerman,

Welcome back!  Glad to hear the w/d's aren't bad!  Did you end up doing the whole 1.5?  I am surprised to hear you had no visions. 

I am available to talk to you if you'd like.....you know how to reach me. 

The sulbutiamine is the rock and roll nootropic for motivation and zip.  I had a "give up" mentality this morning due to some personal stuff, and 600mgs of sulbutiamine (max daily from per manufacturer) and 45 minutes later and I am focused and in the zone.  Since sulbutiamine lowers DA levels, and Iboga leaves us with that wonderful SSRI type of metabolite (Noribogaine), I am not sure what effect that would have taking the sulbutiamine within the first 3 weeks of a flood.  I know there is a relationship between serotonin and dopamine, and it is widely misunderstood.  I would just hate to see any Noribogaine be compromised from your receptors by lowering dopamine levels.....even though I am not really even close to being sure this would be the case (just a speculation).  So your experience with the nootropic will be valuable to Eboka, if you take it within the first month of the flood.  I have yet to see anyone else's reports on sulbutiamine so quick after a flood.  I think you should take it day by day, and make your decisions as you assess yourself coming back into the opiate free world. 

If you are going to Micro Dose Iboga, be weary of how it interacts with Nootropics...maybe don't do the two at the same time.  If you have a couple weeks off, one idea could be to do 5 days of MDing, a couple day break, then try the sulbutiamine.  2-4 weeks max cycles on the sulbutiamine. 

This time to reflect and rebuild (practice, practice, practice) is crucial, as you know, so just be super kind to yourself!   ;)

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 02:06:46 PM »
Thanks BT. do you have any recommendations for vitamins or nutrition? The protien shake seemed to help some. I'm actually pretty wobbly on my feet, although I did manage to walk around the block this morning.

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 02:29:41 PM »
Nice to you fritzerman, folks recommend potassium supplements, along with magnesium and calcium for sure. Minerals minerals minerals. The potassium will lessen or alleviate any lingering leg-cramps and magnesium is especially good for muscles also.

I am far from a health guy, but those minerals and a good multivitamin are easy and a good place to start. Blue Tiger and his blender are surely potent weapons against fatigue, and generally feeling icky - especially post ibo. I remember I could feel every little miniscule thing I took in to my system after flooding, eating a strawberry was psychedelic. Could feel the vitamins and the nutrition, I never pay attention to that stuff, you know? Intense.

Good to see you up and about, be easy man and good luck!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 03:34:59 PM »
Thanks Cal

I have the magnesuim and daily vitamin. Thanks.

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 04:41:40 PM »
I clicked the details on Tuesday at noon and did the flood on Tuesday night starting at 10:30 PM. So it's been over 48 hours since my last pain pill. I have been feeling kind of antsy this afternoon. I think I'm getting a little bit of energy back..Have been for two walks and done some minor chores. Those small things did take a lot out of me, but I will keep pushing the exercise. Still have a dizzy feeling and not as steady on my feet. I haven't noticed any of the RLS to any degree as of yet. I know that's one of the demons to watch out for. I have eaten a couple of protein shakes, a banana, and some apple juice. All in all, I think I'm ahead compared to my last flood. I hope the future brings no surprises other than good ones. Thanks for all the advice and help from everyone here. It really does help will

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 05:29:10 PM »
Thanks BT. do you have any recommendations for vitamins or nutrition? The protein shake seemed to help some.

Just real quick and I can always elaborate:
You should have vitamins and minerals in addition to whole food.
Whey protein is okay.  Stay away from the dairy....almond milk is wonderful. 

Like Cal said Potassium..bananas are the best source of potassium and easiest to eat post flood, IMO. 

If you/someone can get to a health food store (from your writing you shouldn't be driving yet it seems), get liquid vitamins and minerals.  They absorb much better.....some so much so that with some brands you can over do it and feel a detox because your body is not used to that level of minerals saturating your cells.  So read the directions on whatever you choose!  There are some pretty potent vitamins and minerals you can buy, if you can spend the money.  Maybe the easiest way to do it at the store would be a whole food vitamin and a liquid mineral source.  Aloe juice is really good for the stomach as well (and is in a lot of liquid mineral products)....The stomach is responsible for a large majority of the immune system.  I'd also get a curcumin product and don't be afraid to use it!

Qunioa is the best carb I think...  A healthy mix of carbs and protein in the morning will be your best bet to support exercise....which should only have the most wonderful synergistic effect---between the noribogaine and the endorphins. 

Keep your mind focused on your new life and all your new practices.  Nutrition is important, as you know.  And realizing that protein helped and that all these other nutritional regimens help something is divine if you choose to see it that way.  This is your mind, body, and soul healing itself and you are supporting it!   

Fritzerman, allow all the information, the practice, and the way it's healing you empower you!  Let it fuel you, literally!  A healthy mind is just as important.  Tell yourself the good you are doing, make it a mantra.  Smile as much as you can and breathe.  Repeat!   :)