Author Topic: The Gift from God, the Mushroom of Immortality, King of Plants  (Read 5769 times)

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The Gift from God, the Mushroom of Immortality, King of Plants
« on: December 27, 2013, 01:50:28 PM »
The ole' arsenal of supreme nutrition is just growing so fast.  Not a bad thing, but I am finding that supplements can be so strong, that you really need to monitor them like drugs (medicine).  Hipprocrates said it best....

I will continue to share as much info as I can on the wonderful medicines/foods I have incorporated to maintain vitality and health....

I have been on straight Chaga extract, Paul Stamet's brand.  He seems to be the mycologist gaining the most recognition.  What a noticeable difference!  My body really started looking forward to my daily 1ml dose.  That's another phenomena to explore later I suppose :)  Just a bit of info:

The “Gift from God”
http://www.chagaknowledge.com/chagabenefits.htm
Rather than soft like a mushroom, chaga is hard, almost as hard as wood. It is unique, nothing like common mushrooms. In fact, chaga is the most nutritionally dense of all tree growths. Known by the Siberians as the “Gift from God” and the “Mushroom of Immortality,” this vibrant growth has been used by humans to support health for thousands of years. The Japanese call it “The Diamond of the Forest,” while the Chinese deem it “King of Plants.” For the Chinese that is saying a lot, since they have an immense history with countless plants. Now, you can get the great powerful secret of the Orient through North American Herb & Spice’s wild chaga supplements. Despite this exceptional status, most Americans are unaware of it.
            To survive in harsh climates, chaga concentrates natural compounds for its protection, and that is why it is so powerful. To strengthen the tree, as well as heal, it makes potent phytochemicals, including sterols, phenols, and enzymes. Researchers have inoculated sick trees with chaga to strengthen them. People benefit by consuming these forest-source phytochemicals and nutrients. 

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
Re: The Gift from God, the Mushroom of Immortality, King of Plants
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 02:59:48 PM »
Thanks BT!

I am going to have to get me some of this Chaga ASAP! :)

lala

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 05:36:53 PM »
Yet bet La! 

The tincture sold at that big farmers market for $15, when the same amount of pills (same brand) were closer to $30  ???

If you prefer tincture, I will pick you one up...was gonna refill the medicinal mushroom stash anyway.  It's on me friend.    I also have a bottle of Body Balance for you.  Whether you want to buy it or not, it's got your name on it   8)

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 06:42:23 PM »
Ahem, the REAL mushroom of immortality is the Reishi mushroom. See for yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingzhi_mushroom#Chinese_names

Of course, I'm poking fun, but Reishi is also a really wonderful herb. I find that it helps me be myself and strengthen the energetic boundaries between me and other people so that energies aren't leaking haphazardly.

Medicinal mushrooms in general are really really fantastic. Have you ever tried Lion's Mane? That stuff makes you SHARP. It also facilitates both short-term and long-term memory recall amazingly.

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 09:42:42 PM »
Thanks Blue Tiger!

I want to try a lot of new supplements.  I am going to order some probiotics, I think.. Does the Body Balance have probiotics?  I am having a nasty outbreak of eczema for the first time in awhile and I think it is because I may have used some hand sanitizer accidentally but have been doing some research and I think probiotics will help.  I will try anything to keep it from getting as bad as it was!  I am guessing this Chaga may help as well..if it can heal sick trees then holy cow, maybe it can heal my skin too.. something has to!

I want to try the Reishi as well.

Much Love!
lala

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 10:30:56 AM »
I find that it helps me be myself and strengthen the energetic boundaries between me and other people so that energies aren't leaking haphazardly.

RhythmS....this is such a finely tuned understanding of the effects.  I got a cool visual from this sentence. 

Never tried Lion's...but it's on the list.  I think I would enjoy following these medicinal mushrooms a bit more closely.  They are pretty fantastic.  So you take both daily? 

Lala,

I hope either the Body Balance or the chaga helps your skin.  I have some crazy stories about the body balance....that stuff will heal you on a cellular level. 

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 11:00:39 AM »
Never tried Lion's...but it's on the list.  I think I would enjoy following these medicinal mushrooms a bit more closely.  They are pretty fantastic.  So you take both daily? 

Yes, I take both Reishi and Lion's Mane daily, on an empty stomach. I used to take Chaga as well, as a tea and in pill form, but I didn't notice any effect. I might not have had enough time with it to become familiar with its effects like I did with Reishi and Lion's Mane. I know many people, including the Paleo guru Daniel Vitalis, swear by Chaga, so I'm sure if I gave it more time... But I was using it mainly to see if it would reduce my rheumatoid arthritis inflammation, which it didn't.

Medicinal mushrooms are kind of a publicly unrecognized form of medicine. There are lots of studies on their immunomodulating effects and effectiveness against cancer. Supposedly, the terpenes in them "re-educate" the immune system, from what I am told by a guy at my apothecary. Pretty neat stuff.

Offline verynortyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 11:52:47 AM »
hey folks, i've not commented for a while but thought i'd chime in on this thread. this guy has a lot of great info on various shrooms and how and what they do in your body.
scroll down and theres a playlist of many medicinal shrooms incl chaga, reishi, lions main and turkey tail etc.
well worth a peek.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWLBd4Yr8A-RUqR6xqWnVMg

have a great 14 y'all
peace

Offline Lissos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 01:57:15 PM »
Thanks for this thread Blue Tiger and others. I've spent the last hour or so checking this out on the web. Verynortyboy, the link you posted is great...fascinating stuff! He seems to be very keen on something called Wild Pine Pollen too.

Happy New Year everyone and thanks for the site!
Also to Kampun and EN if they still come to have a peek...
Lissos

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 02:41:27 PM »
Verytoryboy, great link! Watching the video on Lion's Mane... Apparently it stimulates nerve growth factor helps support myelin sheaths. Amazing.

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 03:07:51 PM »
NGF is also stimulated by Noopept...interesting...

I read a study recently that was showing promising evidence for the use of magic mushrooms to regrow brain cells, particularly having to do with the area that is in charge of registering fear from trauma.  The results were staggering!!  I think I already posted it in another thread.  Maybe mycology will be the next big wave of focus for the medical community!

Verynortyboy!!!  Long time!  So glad to see you post, I have been thinking about you, hoping you are well!  I think Turkey tail was the type of medicinal mushroom Stamet cured a family member's cancer with!  So cool!  Between the fungi and CBD research, I foresee myself in a tough situation one day deterring a loved one from chemo, and trying something more "radical."   http://www.cureyourowncancer.org/

Thanks for everyone showing interest in the thread, new faces and old.  Happy and healthy New Year all! 

One Love,

BT

P.S.  If anyone gets on Chaga (RhythmSpring), feel free to log about it here as well.  It was compared to Kombucha by David Wolfe as it is more of a "system" that works on you.  His enthusiasm as he talks about Chaga is contagious. 

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 03:22:10 PM »
But I was using it mainly to see if it would reduce my rheumatoid arthritis inflammation, which it didn't.

RS, have you tried curcumin for this inflammation?  1500mg a day, something that is concentrated and has high bio availability?  2 weeks of this should quadruple your CAMP (peptide) levels, according to study....maybe this and Chaga?  Or maybe 2 weeks of one, then add the other as a control of sorts....just brainstorming.   :)

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 05:10:15 PM »
^ Yes, I've tried curcumin, along with many other herbs. Nothing has worked sufficiently, which is why I'm about to go down to Peru for some more serious approaches. Thanks for trying to help.