Author Topic: a question about iboga and iboga's role in the "circuit model" of consciousness  (Read 1886 times)

Offline Tyler

• View Profile
i just read this post: http://eboka.info/index.php?topic=294.msg2616
it has some very interesting ideas.

but it makes me wonder about ibogaine, and where it fits onto that proposed "circuit model". if it is true that the "higher circuits" are only sturdy when built on a strong foundation of the "lower circuits", what function does iboga play in this configuration? by that, i mean which "circuit" does iboga activate, and how does the "higher circuit", when activated by ibogaine, interact with the "foundation circuits"?

do not concern yourself to give an academic answer. and i ask for information from the people that have used it only, who have some practical, real-life experience in the matter.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:03:39 PM by doubtingmind »

Offline WisdomSeeker

• View Profile
Sorry cannot really comment here due to not having ever done iboga. I want to really really bad someday.

I just mainly wanted to say I enjoyed the link you shared it was very interesting. I can't truly speak on the validity of those theories but they seem to me in general as if they are pretty on par even if its theoretically. It certainly helped to attempt to put things in a good perspective for me. Thanks

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hi Doubtingmind,

According to what GD has posted in the thread you mention, the eighth circuit would be activated by the Iboga experience.  I cannot say this for certain, but If Ketamine activates circuit #8 then Iboga could also be considered in this category.  They are both NMDAR antagonists.  From my research, this is a very dangerous receptor site to be messing with, if not done properly.  Hence, you may read the term "dirty maintenance" somewhere on this forum.  It is because it is not a safe method -- It is taking an easier road, with a higher risk, IMHO.  Nonetheless, I have been exploring consciousness as well, and boy is it fascinating.  I find myself really enjoying connecting with the 7th and 8th circuits.  I realize, you don't need the drugs always to do so.......

Some of the best advice I have ever received:

Less is more

Believe it or not, we are drugs....in a sense.  We are all walking pharmacies, just waiting for the right activation.  It's pretty cool when you take this perspective, and think of what is possible.  With that in mind, knowing which systems to tinker with, opiod versus 5-HT, and so on....these can be crucial for one's own survival in this everlasting spoof of consciousness expansion. 

With Metta,

Blue T

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It is my understanding that this 'class' of activation or drugs, increases neuronal firing and can put one at severe risk for hypertensive crisis, especially when accompanied with other substances. 

Be safe guys. 

Keep learning.  Keep asking questions, and mitigating those risks. 

B