Author Topic: Vermont Considers Ibogaine Legislation  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Vermont Considers Ibogaine Legislation
« on: April 25, 2015, 06:32:39 PM »
http://reset.me/story/gov-of-vermont-considers-ibogaine-program/ - from a facebook group, this post raised my eyebrows...the mere notion that ANY high level State official(s) regard this medicine enough to risk openly advocating it [in any fashion] astonishes me. There must really be a severe opiate problem in Vermont, not that this is news to many other states, but the reality of the incumbent Governor's endorsement for a pilot program to assess the efficacy of so 'radical' a treatment leaves me ...befuddled frankly. By and large I am of the mind that most any 'news' regarding the use of ibogaine to treat addictions is 'good' - sometimes even negative press can still have a positive impact insofar as drawing attention to this model of treatment where otherwise a particular demographic would have perhaps been totally unaware - but this is beyond the pale. How likely is it such a program will receive the green-light? I wonder...this might truly be crack in the dam...they are proposing a pilot study to last three years, the specifics of which are still in development but they've a solid idea where to take it it seems. The target population is the refractory [opioid]  addicted person, who has tried unsuccessfully to eliminate their problem via any other sanctioned pharmacological/medical method.

It will be very interesting to keep close watch on this and see where it goes...even if it doesn't gain official sanction, the sheer [can I say it?] audacity, the Balls, for anyone in political office to propose this is almost crazy.
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline ddraig

• View Profile
Re: Vermont Considers Ibogaine Legislation
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 11:29:02 AM »
Yes, this totally came out of left field!!!

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 11:51:52 AM »
I have a Bwiti friend who just left Vermont and talked of the heroin epidemic in Vermont.  Says he feels like he must have left a seed there that must have germinated.  It's gonna happen.  Bob Marley said it over and over Babylon will fall.

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 07:16:07 AM »
I'm just going to cross-post this wherever this bill pops up:

Page 4 of 5 of the bill reads:

"The dispensary may only sell ibogaine to a registered patient with a
valid identification card."

Shouldn't ibogaine be strictly administered in a controlled environment/treatment
center? Do they think Ibogaine is like medical marijuana in that you
can just give it to patients to use on their own?

They should NOT be giving out ibogaine to addicts to use on their own. This bill is a
step in the right direction, but it speaks to a gap in knowledge about
the sacrament. Correct me if I'm mistaken here.

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 01:46:55 PM »
That was my concern as well, hopefully they will develop strict administration.