Author Topic: Iboga and Cocaine/Crack addiction- Help needed  (Read 1955 times)

Offline May

• View Profile
Iboga and Cocaine/Crack addiction- Help needed
« on: December 10, 2016, 03:17:40 AM »
Hi,

My husband is addicted to crack cocaine and wants to treat his addiction with Iboga. We have just received both the tincture to do the microdosing and 10g of root bark.
Does anyone have advise on how to go about this? I have read all the protocol guidelines and info on this site.
One thing that seems clear with the microdosing is that it is really important to state your intentions correctly. At this stage, because he is in the turmoil of addiction and only manages to get a few days clean in between the 3-4 days using, he is so overcome with fear and cravings that i don't know how deep he can really reflect and find the root causes or triggers of his addiction. Does this matter in the success of this? Or can he set more general intentions like the one listed on the protocol and when he is clean, clarity will come and he will be able to go deeper in that healing?

On another note, when you look online and various personal experiences, doing a full dose seem to have reset in a way a lot of people. How safe is this? What can i do to help?
or do you think the more manageable microdosing works just as well?

Any advise would be amazing.

Thank you
May

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Iboga and Cocaine/Crack addiction- Help needed
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 02:33:22 PM »
Hi May,
It sounds like your husband would get to the root of the problem with a deeper experience with Iboga. And experiencing more lasting relief, and perhaps some insight.

I consider Iboga (especially the full rootbark, unprocessed) quite safe. Certainly safer than nursing a cocaine habit! Just make sure he doesn't have any outstanding cardiovascular issues, and make sure his liver is functioning normally. This can be done pretty quickly with a blood test (full liver panel), EKG, and looking into medical history of the individual.

Sincerely,
RS

Hi,

My husband is addicted to crack cocaine and wants to treat his addiction with Iboga. We have just received both the tincture to do the microdosing and 10g of root bark.
Does anyone have advise on how to go about this? I have read all the protocol guidelines and info on this site.
One thing that seems clear with the microdosing is that it is really important to state your intentions correctly. At this stage, because he is in the turmoil of addiction and only manages to get a few days clean in between the 3-4 days using, he is so overcome with fear and cravings that i don't know how deep he can really reflect and find the root causes or triggers of his addiction. Does this matter in the success of this? Or can he set more general intentions like the one listed on the protocol and when he is clean, clarity will come and he will be able to go deeper in that healing?

On another note, when you look online and various personal experiences, doing a full dose seem to have reset in a way a lot of people. How safe is this? What can i do to help?
or do you think the more manageable microdosing works just as well?

Any advise would be amazing.

Thank you
May

Offline Rintrah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 07:13:59 PM »
I don't think microdosing will do the trick here... with all the fear and craving it would be hard to focus on his intention, whether that's to be completely free or to gain insight. So I would suggest a flood dose. Then what's really important is after the flood to establish positive habits and a new way of life so that he doesn't fall back into the old habit. I'm sure you can be of great help there. What Iboga can show is that it's up to him whether he will stay clean or not. I wish you both success.

Offline May

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 01:34:35 AM »
Thank you both. How much root bark do you need for a flood dose?

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 10:58:57 AM »
Anywhere between 10g and 30g of rootbark, depending on weight, TYPICALLY. Me, I am pretty sensitive, so probably 5g would do me in. I weigh 115 to 120lb, though, and have a lot of work to do.

Offline searcher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 09:46:03 PM »
Thank you both. How much root bark do you need for a flood dose?
Depends on weight. Mostly at least 20g root bark.

How was it for your husband?