Author Topic: Why is Eboka Dying?  (Read 2182 times)

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Why is Eboka Dying?
« on: June 30, 2017, 12:28:30 AM »
Why has activity on this site screeched to a halt?

Facebook?

Has the demand for anonymous iboga discussion totally dropped?

Does it matter? Do we care?

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Eboka Dying?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 12:33:25 AM »
Interestingly though, page views is way up, but new posts are way down. Seems we have a lot of lurkers?

Offline mindash

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 09:24:34 AM »
theres more than enough info and those lurking are likely in desperate times and rather just read and get info than take the time to post. nothing bad goin on just shows we've been adequate in our sharing also things like facebook groups are really taking over and usually people will talk there instead and just come here for reference or if linked an article/post. thats my best guess. waiting for michelle to get in touch with me to finish up an order and journeying as soon as i can so wish me luck. i have a good bit of prior experience in 2011 dosing daily over 2 and a half weeks on all forms so if things are the sameish then it should go smoothly

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 02:15:24 AM »
More than enough info? I beg to differ. We are just barely discovering the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what iboga can do and treat. There is so much information that is changing and evolving regarding legality, endangered status, clinical use, health effects, etc. etc..

Iboga induces such a multifaceted and varied experience that I can't imagine NOT having dialogue about it.

Offline ryu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 11:47:38 AM »
Yeah I have noticed this.

If the site changed its name to Iboga rather than Eboka.info (search engine benefits) would it generate more views then.... more participation/dialogue I dont really know, I am just throwing it out there.

:-)

Ryu

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 08:30:35 PM »
I have wondered that myself. I think a lot of people joined various Facebook groups as they are on FB a lot of the time anyway so they get one stop shopping as it were. I feel like when lalababa left it created a void and from what I can see, Cal has only posted once in the last 20 months - those two were very key members of this forum.

Kudos to you for all the input you've given - I think you've basically been "the voice of experience" for the last couple of years.

I used to be very active but have stopped using Iboga and am not sure if I'll take it again. I don't have anything like the sort of experience you have so I'm not sure I'd be much help to anyone. My focus now is Huachuma (San Pedro cactus) which is a lot cheaper, easier to get and a heck of a lot safer!!! I have had some amazing ceremonies with San Pedro and highly recommend it.

I also felt guilty taking something that was in danger of becoming extinct and I was frustrated that so many addicts were, in my opinion, abusing it.

Offline skinny

• Banzi
    • View Profile
    • Church of Reality
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 04:32:19 AM »
Why has activity on this site screeched to a halt?

First time posting in a long time...

Last year when I was still obsessing about iboga, I wondered the exact same thing.  I would say the key members of this forum that kept it alive are now gone or not posting regularly and creating the community spirit that kept this forum thriving from about 2010-2014 where you could log in everyday and check a new message.  I could name names but those who were on would know the regulars.  I was one of them and one of the most unruly and erratic posters that caused a lot of dissension.

Something had to give and I quit cold turkey by stop reading iboga forums.  I may have lurked a few times last year, but I think this guy summed up why I should quit iboga.  Read Farewell DMT and replace the DMT with iboga.  And the funny thing is that I'm still not able to stay off the drug forums by not lurking.

And you know to get over this, I would replace this whole online community with a real life community like Alcoholic Anonymous or Sex & Love Addicts which is a 12 step support group.  Actually I have been going to both groups almost every day for the past two months and am amazed how much it's affected me just from working the first 5 steps (don't have a sponsor, accountability, or done inventory yet).

What I found in AA that relates to iboga is that I have an "alcoholic mind" with iboga.  Last time I did a flood was back in 2009.  I've microdosed a few times during those years, but year after year, I kept on reading flood reports, every online iboga forum, kept up with every new post, done online activism to preserve iboga sustainability, talked to people casually about iboga.

While iboga isn't addictive as alcohol where you need a drink every day to function, the way the Big Book describes the "mental obsession" is what I've experienced with iboga.  I way way to obsessed to seek iboga as detoxing my mental patterns, wondering if I did another flood dose things would change, seeking that catharsis that many report after a flood.

Well after going to AA I didn't realize that there is the hard work of actually doing the steps.  You don't need a controlling spirit in a 3 day ordeal to show you all your faults and character defects, but can work with a sponsor over the process of working the steps and when you get to Step 9, you make amends to those you have caused harm.  There hasn't been anything like that on here, just people posting anecdotal experiences and talking about what supplements they changed or what spiritual practice they are doing.  You don't get to see people on a day to day basis and have accountability.

Facebook?

I've quit posting cold turkey for a year which was hard going through withdrawals by lurking multiple times a day.  These days I don't read any iboga forums other than checking here once in a while.  This was one of the best forums to discuss iboga back in the day compared to Mindvox or the FB forums which was just a lot of banter.

Has the demand for anonymous iboga discussion totally dropped?

I don't know, but I do know that a lot of psychedelic talk has gone over to reddit.  I'm still not over iboga and psychedelics because of the new trend of microdosing that started in 2015 and is getting more popular today.  I've tried that this year after replacing an SSRI and it worked quite well.  And now I'm trying to quit because I'm using the tools of sobriety of AA and the positive changes of general diet and exercise, and most importantly talking to God and having a daily relationship with Him which I haven't made a regular practice.

Mostly the talk is about microdosing mushrooms/LSD, but I did notice that there was people seeking iboga microdosing information.

Does it matter? Do we care?

Great questions, I've been wondering the same thing.  I'll start caring after I get to the 9th step and start doing inventory and making amends by posting here if this forum is still around something along the lines of changing my life controlling issues after being an iboga addict for 10 years or something.

skinny
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 04:34:05 AM by skinny »

your Ctrl-V whore brought to you by Clipmate

Choose Reality:  http://www.churchofreality.org

Offline skinny

• Banzi
    • View Profile
    • Church of Reality
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 07:12:08 AM »
I'm back.  The above post is the last one I wrote since Eboka.info was down for months...is this forum back online? 

I've been on Facebook but got recently banned (in FB jail for 30 days lol), so I'm looking to reconnect to community.

Are any of the old-timers still on here?  GratefulDad...last I read he was in a coma or really messed up from an iboga flood.  KP...is he still around or managing his Kambo forum?   

Re-reading all my old private messages going back 7 years or so :D

skinny

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 01:21:11 PM »
From what I hear, Gratefuldad is alive and well. And from a quick glance at the Kambo forum, it looks like it's just as active as this one.

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 09:37:21 PM »
It's just that the good ole' days seem gone.  At this point, I consider myself 2nd wave good ole' day old timer status, hehe.

This forum was a beautiful thing and was really there when I needed it, NO DOUBT!

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 07:29:30 PM »
I stopped coming on here due to a few reasons, one of them was a major falling out with lalababa. 

I am not going into the details, but it was overwhelming so I decided it was easiest to part ways with her Eboka since she spent a lot of time here. 
She and I were friends and then she changed really quickly after falling off the wagon.  I started to drift away from everyone I had met through this site.

I still chat with JohnnyBGoode. 
Just poking my head in to see if it's worth another go.  I always enjoy helping others, and am still in the world of health and wellness.   

Eboka introduced me to folks around the world, and was a huge outlet for me in during a freaky time in life that I am grateful to be past.  It's good to circle back. 

Offline skinny

• Banzi
    • View Profile
    • Church of Reality
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 11:57:56 AM »
I stopped coming on here due to a few reasons, one of them was a major falling out with lalababa. 

I am not going into the details, but it was overwhelming so I decided it was easiest to part ways with her Eboka since she spent a lot of time here. 
She and I were friends and then she changed really quickly after falling off the wagon.  I started to drift away from everyone I had met through this site.

I haven't heard from her in a long time.  I figured out most of the people on this forum who now are on Facebook.  She looks like she's MIA.  Usually when you don't hear from someone in a long time, they 'fell off the wagon' or are going through severe depression (such as myself).

Over the years I noticed:  If you are/were a heroin addict...it doesn't matter how many years of clean time you have...once you relapse, you fall harder than you ever did before.  Even ibogaine loses it's magic after Grandpa kicked your ass and straightened you out, he doesn't have the good graces to make it easy after he gave you a 2nd chance to be reborn.

With all this talk about the father / mother spirits, it's interesting to see how someone life changes after they either have to take care of an aging biological member of their family.  Or if they get married and have a kid.  In my case it was my own mother while going through my own physical/mental problems.

Also noticed that KP looks like he got hitched and has a kid, probably why he dropped off the forums. ;)

I still chat with JohnnyBGoode. 
Just poking my head in to see if it's worth another go.  I always enjoy helping others, and am still in the world of health and wellness.   

Eboka introduced me to folks around the world, and was a huge outlet for me in during a freaky time in life that I am grateful to be past.  It's good to circle back.

I like these forums very much still, but if there are no people discussing it's like talking to a wall.  :-\

People don't post iboga diaries anymore or full blown flood reports.  Nowadays it's to post a testimonial to market an ibogaine clinic (which is lame).  I love reading the good, bad, and ugly..the raw grittiness of going through an iboga flood.

I plan on upgrading my computer technology and v-logging my own iboga flood with a caring sitter.  I live in Florida still and haven't found the right person.  It's been almost 10 years since my last flood!

skinny

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2018, 01:54:18 PM »
With all this talk about the father / mother spirits, it's interesting to see how someone life changes after they either have to take care of an aging biological member of their family.  Or if they get married and have a kid.  In my case it was my own mother while going through my own physical/mental problems.

I like these forums very much still, but if there are no people discussing it's like talking to a wall.  :-\

I plan on upgrading my computer technology and v-logging my own iboga flood with a caring sitter.  I live in Florida still and haven't found the right person.  It's been almost 10 years since my last flood!

skinny

Skinny, I can't imagine what that was like.  I am in that field now, senior care, but still removed and not a primary caregiver.  I have the utmost respect for it from what I have seen caregivers go through.

I am not one to talk to walls, and probably was for awhile here.  That's okay, it served it's purpose, which is constantly revealing itself.

I did a couple video logs of my first flood before, during and after..and am glad I did.  It's a good thing to document if you consider it to be significant.  Maybe one day I will share with you.  Let's stay in touch.  Eboka does not have to die.  It can have a slow drone heart beat with folks as involved as they can be. 

Something drew me back here..in time I'll know why. 

San Pedro is something I'd love to learn more about.  I have some questions.  We should start a thread if there isn't one already. 

BT
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 09:25:29 PM by BlueTiger »

Offline adamantasaurus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 10:09:07 AM »
Yea it seems like a lot of the forums are dead nowadays the nexus aya forum and here. The FB groups I think are the biggest reason as to why. And I really don't like 90% of the conversation that goes on there it is mostly just jabbering about the same stuff over and over it's kinda pathetic actually. These forums were my favorite place to learn and actually have intelligent conversation about these very special plants now it seems the demand has died down and looks like no one really visits forums that often anymore it's kinda sad.

Also I prefer anon discussion about these things instead of talking about it over facebook (kinda dumb if you think about it)

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 07:11:22 PM »
It's not dumb! Counterintuitively, it's a lot easier to be factually honest anonymously than when you have your identity tacked onto what you say.

I think people are gravitating towards the facebook groups because it's more convenient and something about shortening attention spans and instant gratification. Not wanting to think in depth about things, just wanting the quick fix.