Author Topic: WARNING  (Read 22822 times)

RavAv

WARNING
« on: August 29, 2010, 02:37:04 AM »
Hello,

My approach in life is to stay away from controversy
(at least now that i'm over 50)

The following e-mail was sent to me.
I have checked with other independant sources in Canada and Europe
who not only verified these findings
BUT ADDED a trail of horror stories
That this person left behind in Toronto before Costa Rica.

Some of these stories have been verifeid by other members of this forum
who i hope will add these stories

I have also checked with one of this forum's moderators in a private message b4 posting

If it were not for the combination of desperation prior to treatment
and vulnerabilty during treatment
i still probably would have just let this pass

If anyone has contrary information please post ASAP

Hello,
I have some questions re your clinic and a warning regarding an African Biwiti Shaman by the name of Patrick Moughenda Mickala who is a con artist who will want to sell you Ibogaine and Alkaloid in the future or he may have already contacted you.
He currently has a clinic in Costa Rica that is not doing that well due to all his debt and unhappy clients. His web site is www.Ibogahouse.com.
The roomers are that he will be moving to Vancouver, Canada to start over again.
Please be very cautious and warn others who are using Iboga/Ibogaine with the right intentions. He has taken many people for money and left many women pregnant and vulnerable. He just had a new child who he abandoned along with his fiance and is now dating the old friend of the x fiance.
He recently slept with my best friend, borrowed money, made false promises to her and she never heard from him again, she did not know about his fiance or her pregnancy at the time. Than I found out about the things I mentioned above. I must warn others, this is unacceptable behavior that has consequences.
I have done much research and have proof and many people to back up this email that covers a small percentage about his actions.
Please contact me with any questions and know that this email was sent with serious concern and good intent. Iboga is a great medicinal plant and it should not be judged due to people who utilize it the wrong way.
Thank you
Liz
lovesoldier1@gmail.com

fallout330

Re: WARNING
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 10:52:51 AM »
Thanks for the info Rav.  I saw this on the Mindvox forum as well. 

Well said on controversy, if one can help it :)

Peace

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 01:43:09 PM »
If it were not for the combination of desperation prior to treatment
and vulnerabilty during treatment
i still probably would have just let this pass

I feel the same Rav...these days I like to stay as far from this sort of things as possible. However, since we here are in the 'business' of promoting information and discussion about iboga/ibogaine it is prudent to let people know what the current situations are in the small world of iboga providers. I have seen this on Mindvox as well, this and another one about a totally different provider.

It seems word-of-mouth is always the best advertising - and in small communities it can make or break someone. Even though I have no personal experience with those implicated in these shady practices, it's reasonable to pass this information on after reviewing it so that folks can be fairly appraised of any risks.

Like you said, I would welcome any information to the contrary, if there is any. Thanks for the post.
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline sassyfras

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 05:55:30 PM »
Well, other than a very general remark about "debts and unhappy clients", the writer of this email seems mostly concerned about  this Mickala's serial womanizing. I'd be more interested in hearing WHY his clients are unhappy, whether the Iboga he wants to sell is any good or not. Never forget that "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" & it sounds as if he's left behind a trail of such women~~~but what I want to know is, is he a good treatment provider, does he care for his clients, how many are unhappy and why? Does he abandon his clients the way that Sheldon P. of Iveada allegedly did? Does he take their money without fulfilling his obligations?

I dislike confrontation too, but I think we need to be ready & willing to confront those who would give Iboga treatments a bad name. There are lives at stake in this game & a single rotten apple can spoil the whole barrel....unethical, uncaring providers and/or vendors must be weeded out....but only once we have all the facts. Although I'm still a newcomer to the Iboga community and have yet to experience my first real flood, I feel very connected to and protective of this community. I've seen time & again how lives have been saved & changed for the better & I want to see this community thrive & grow. Would I go for treatment with a provider who had debts & relationship issues? If he/she were a caring & knowledgeable provider in spite of having lingering personal issues, I might. Even with Iboga's help, many people still have plenty of work to do re such issues, so expecting a treatment provider to be perfect in every way is probably not realistic.

Can you give us more info about this person as a treatment provider, Liz?

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 07:05:46 PM »
Very well said sassy!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline roach

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 03:06:11 PM »
The guy was selling Ibogaine TA that was 30% pure for $750/g He ripped off many people and a few of them are my friends.

-roach

Offline Liz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 06:57:45 PM »
He has had several clients and workers leave due to unkept promises, lack of care, money borrowing/owing and the cold shoulder/bad treatment when his done with people.
He makes claims of healing people right away and when that does not happen he says its because they did not listen or do what he said or that they need more sessions for this or that reason.
There are many inconsistencies with his words, practice and actions on an every day basis.
All this comes from a few different reliable and connected sources.  He feeds off of those who are vulnerable and trusting.
The focus on the first email was more based on his character and treatment of others to show his level of unreliability and dishonesty.
He is a genuine con man and many have experienced it, time to stop him from continuing this.
i dont want much more involvement in all this, only wanted to see that the truth comes out and spreads.
i will research and get the answers if there are more solid questions coming through.
Thank you for trusting, researching and sharing the truth

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 07:03:15 PM »
@roach,
a lot of TA is about 30% active alkaloids. It's what I work with myself. But that price, omg.....
I've never met Moughenda, I don't know anyone who has been his client, so I can't add my two cents to all that.

B

Offline Liz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 08:01:44 PM »
Just curious to see what was posted on Mindvox forum, couldn't find anything. 
Please help guide me if possible.
Thank you

p.s. what would be the price for 30% Ibogaine TA per g?
 Thanks again

Offline sassyfras

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 09:50:03 PM »
Thank you Liz & hey...welcome to Eboka! It certainly does sound as if this "B'witi shaman" has stepped on a few toes & I hope more people who've been on the receiving end will come forward. Unfortunately a lot of addicts have such poor self esteem that they are all too willing to blame themselves for whatever goes wrong, & and I can see how an unscrupulous treatment provider might play on that to cover his own shortcomings. If indeed these allegations are true it would be even more the shame what with him labeling himself as a B'witi shaman......

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 12:51:50 AM »
Waddya mean?  He be a real sham man!

Just look all he can do:

"The Most Powerful Detox on the Planet

Permanently Break Addictions (All Types)

Thorough Elimination of ALL Emotional/Mental/Spiritual Health  Problems

Find Your True Self (Gain Self Love and Empowerment)

A Guided Spiritual Journey with an Experienced Shaman

Get Answers to Every question you have about your life (Life Path,  Soul Mates, etc.)

Return to your Life Healed, Empowered and AWAKE!

Gain a NEW Fresh Start on LIFE!

Have you ever wondered if there was a way to reset your body back to zero?

--  To Wipe Away all the emotional pain from your past,

--  To Clear the chatter and calm your mind for good,

--  To Heal your physical body of all disease once and for all?"

Ja mon, he got powerful juju!  Just you look what he can do!

However, I no agree he have clue about some things...

"Sometimes trauma can occur within an individual soul so dramatic that the soul leaves the body immediately to prevent further damage. It may no return on its own and may require the guidance and intervention of a Bwiti Shaman...  Some subtle changes may exist through the changing of times however the core principles and a generation past-down guided hand of Bwiti Shaman is the only confidence you will need to retrieve your soul."     (  http://www.ibogahouse.com/iboga/soul-retrieval.php  )

B freakin' S ! ! !

We have some links to videos of him being interviewed in the "Links" topic.  He appeared in them as a calm reasonable sort of guy.  After I had seen his website, my opinion changed.

But then, that is just my opinion.  That and $4.00 will get you a latte at Starbucks...

Eon
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 12:55:58 AM by Eon T McKnight »

RavAv

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 07:08:21 AM »
my involvement with shamans and healing began 27 years ago.
unfortunately - right from the start i saw the abuse of power
(usually the victims were vulnerable women)
some of the most famous Native American Indian healers were the abusers
psychotropics ARE powerful medicines
and in this power lies there true danger
the power they open and expose us to is just that - power
this power can go either way
(imagine nuclear power - the ultimate source of energy which can be used for peace or destruction)
my experience lends me to the conclusion
that the psychedelics and psychotropics do not guarantee that one will walk a path of truth
free choice always remains

the same is true of the path of the shaman or healer
it allows access to places and control of power
this power unfortunately corrupts and consumes many
even if the original intent was well meaning
the path of the healer / shaman requires one to constantly work on themselves
constant commitment, discipline and self control
especially on controlling one's ego
the path of the healer
is to be a vessel of healing light
when one tries to use this light and / or power for self gain
it consumes and potentially transforms the person / healer into a monster

the most important factor i have observed in the path of the healer
or life in general
is working on oneself
self control
self discipline
going beyond the satiation of our base desires
moving beyond our ego
and desires for power, honour and pleasure
(and money which is the tool to  provide these)

peace and blessings
in the paths you walk

May we all be blessed to increase the light
and not the darkness
and not to fool ourselves or others

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 03:43:22 PM by VaVar »

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 12:20:15 PM »
Spot on, Rav.

@Liz, 1 gram of TA with approx 30% active alkaloids shouldn't run you more than $100USD, ever, and often you can search and find it for less than that.

Love,
Tia

Offline whitelily

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 10:27:53 PM »
Hi Ravav,

I was surfing the net and I saw this post and I am glad that you are asking for the truth. I met Patrick Moughenda Mikala back in December of this year. I had a wonderful journey with him. I was refered to him by a very good friend of mine who had connected with him back a year prior and she experienced a wonderful journey with him too. Since December I have returned to him to learn more and evovle more spiritually. My mother, my uncle, my brother, my sister, my brothers kids and my second cousine have all been to see Moughenda and they are all extremely happy with their treatments. Everytime I have been to the Iboga House (3 times) I have seen many new and happy clients there. I did hear from some of the staff about a time when a group of Canadians came with intention to train as healers and unfortunately due to their lack of focus and commitment were asked to leave.  And i was told that they were very unhappy about the whole thing. Who knows but maybe if they are still interested in being iboga healers they may feel threatend about his interest in expanding to Canada...but seriously what kind of healers would spread such negative messages. It's very sad. I respect Moughenda and what he does very much. I trusted my entire family with him. And I hope these negative people don't deter any people that really need help from going to see Moughenda because he is very gifted at what he does.
Thank you. God bless.

Offline Cerberus Extract

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
    • Cerberus Extract
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 10:51:33 PM »
I talked about this guy. If anyone would like to hear what I know about him PM me a phone number and I will give you a call.

Stay away from this guy. He is a fraud.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 04:55:48 PM by VaVar »
Cerberus Extract  - Canadian provider of top quality ethnobotanicals from all corners of the world, including Tabernanthe iboga.
http://www.cerberusextract.com