Author Topic: Total-Alkaloid Extract of T.iboga - (Now w/pics)  (Read 26745 times)

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Re: Total-Alkaloid Extract of T.iboga - (Now w/pics)
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2010, 08:07:14 PM »
That is so very kind of you, Cal!

I'm just wondering what Dad and I are going to do in our new Caribbean vacation homes  --  you know, the ones we're going to buy with our next paychecks...

~e

Offline Bancopuma

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2012, 05:22:12 AM »
This is an incredibly simple and effective method; iboga must be one of the easiest ethnobotanicals to extract from in some ways.

Just to say, for my last flood experience shared with my sister, I was soaking 44g of powdered root bark in vinegar for around five days with occasional shaking on the recommendation of harveyplex, well after this time the vinegar was black which one would hope in part was due to a high concentration of alkaloids (3g of powdered root bark was saved for consumption as is per person, to get the essence of the whole plant in there). For this stage I was quite liberal with the vinegar, using at least 400ml. I poured off and filtered the vinegar from this first pull, and unfortunately shortly after this, a tired family member accidently threw the vast majority of the iboga down the sink. I managed to save maybe a quarter of it, which I heated with the double boiler, extracted, soaked overnight, extracted, and repeated this each once more. The vinegar was much clearer after the initial long soak, and I think it very likely the vast bulk of the alkaloids are pulled after that first long soak.

Despite much of the iboga being lost after this first soak, and the small amount of TA obtained, a dose equivalent to 25g of this root bark was found to be STRONGER than my last flood experience, also with 25g (of a different batch however), when the long soak and this method were followed to completion. Again, this TA was found to be deep while being much smoother on the body than the root bark, the ataxia and dizziness were much less pronounced and it was easier to move around and go to the toilet. Personally, for me now, TA is the only way to flood.

So I think a long soak to begin with using a larger quantity of vinegar then one would use for subsequent alkaloid pulls may be advantageous. Thanks HP for the recommendation!  :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 05:37:35 AM by Bancopuma »

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2012, 07:49:26 PM »
you bet brother !!!

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2012, 02:49:55 PM »
From Chris Jenks, via ibogaine.mindvox.com email list..

I wanted to make sure to put the latest refinements into a procedure to prevent, if possible, any loss of ibogaine:

Powder the root or root bark and weigh one kilogram of it into two 20 Liter plastic buckets, each with 500 grams. To the first bucket add 2.5 Liters of water and 20 mL of concentrated HCl and stir occasionally for one hour. Filter this mixture through a new pillow case into the second bucket and add the same amounts of water and acid again to the first bucket. After another hour of occasional stirring of both buckets, filter the extract from the second bucket through the pillow case into a third bucket, filter the mixture in the first bucket into the second bucket, and add fresh water and acid to the first bucket. The extract in the third bucket is basified using 106 mL of 10% sodium hydroxide solution and filtered through large, pre-weighed coffee filter paper. The same sequence for the two buckets of root is repeated until water and acid have been added to the first bucket nine times. The extract from the first bucket is used to extract the contents of the second one last time, and then this extract is filtered, made basic and filtered like the previous eight. The coffee filter papers are rinsed with water and laid on dry towels in streams of warm air to dry. The dried TA is weighed, ground and optionally sifted and reground.

If new pillow cases were used, no further processing of the TA should be necessary since the fabric will not have degraded from exposure to the HCl. Otherwise, to make "super TA" which lacks root pulp, the TA can be redissolved in acid, filtered and precipitated with base. To do this, place 50 grams of powdered TA and a stir bar into a 1 Liter Erlenmeyer flask and add 400 mL of water and 4 mL of concentrated HCl. Stir the flask for an hour and filter the mixture through paper. Return the solid from the filter to the flask and add the same amounts of water and acid a second and third time, stirring and filtering in between. Basify the combined filtrates with 63 mL of 10% sodium hydroxide solution and filter, rinse and dry the precipitated super TA through pre-weighed laboratory filter paper. This super TA should have nearly the potency of PTA HCl.

To prepare PTA HCl, place 50 grams of TA into a funnel with a pre-weighed filter paper. Extract the TA with 750 mL of acetone, stirring occasionally. Put the covered flask of filtrate in the refrigerator and place the drained filter in a stream of warm air until all the smell of acetone is gone and the paper loses no further weight, and determine the weight lost by the TA due to extraction. Multiply this weight loss in grams by 3/7 to determine the number of milliliters of concentrated HCl to add to the filtrate. Add this with stirring over several minutes dropwise. If a fluffy material separates during this addition process (an oily, non-solid precipitate is suspected to be caused by the presence of root pulp in the TA or a poor quality of root material), stop the stirring after half of the planned acid has been added, let the fluff settle and decant the solution from the fluff. Rinse the fluff with 50 mL of fresh acetone and add this to the solution before proceeding with the acid addition. Once all the acid has been added, or the mixture has become acidic, let the flask sit in the refrigerator overnight before filtering and drying the PTA HCl on pre-weighed laboratory filter paper. Any solid which deposits on the sides of the flask can be most effectively removed by scraping it with a spoon into a small amount of fresh acetone and rinsed into the wet PTA HCl filter before drying.

The acetone filtrate that the PTA HCl was removed from is placed in a 2
L round bottom flask with a stir bar and distilled until about 10% of the
original volume is left. The remaining mixture is poured into a glass
casserole dish and set outside in a stream of warm air until all the
acetone has evaporated, leaving a non-mobile brown oil. This dark, syrupy
residue is dissolved in 500 mL of water from both the distillation flask
and the casserole dish and filtered through laboratory filter paper. The
filtered solution is then made basic with 50 mL of 30% ammonia, mixed
thoroughly, and filtered through pre-weighed laboratory filter paper. The
light yellow solid dries into light chalky pieces which can be stored
indefinitely in the freezer. The acetone distillate is redistilled with
stirring from 5 grams of sodium hydroxide pellets to remove traces of
hydrochloric acid, giving wet acetone suitable for cleaning purposes.

** DISCLAIMER **

NONE OF THE ABOVE PROCEDURE IS INTENDED FOR IMPLEMENTATION IN ANY COUNTRY WHERE ISOLATION OF IBOGAINE IS CONSIDERED TO BE A "CRIME".

Perhaps a pillow case with a very high thread count would be a better filter, and brand new, as well..
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:51:53 PM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline frequentChi

• I see things the way I am not the way they are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2013, 02:49:49 PM »
, I folowed the directions to the T and after the vineger extractions when It dried I only had 2 gr. Of Ta to work with the aceton. So I followed your measurment advice and didnt add more then 18 mls of acetone per gr of ta and there was barely anything at the bottom of the jar. I still added the muriatic but its not looking good. I think I just waisted 40 gr of camaroony bark and I have 80 gr left to figure out my life saving flood. I could really use some help. Thank you
The equal of a person is not the mistakes they make in life but rather the decisions they make in times of hardship and controversy.

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2015, 08:33:46 AM »
I am sorry I didn't see this but you could just use the TA and skip the acetone part to be safe and not lose anything..
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline EternalReturn

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2016, 09:15:48 AM »
Is it OK if I will use 70% of acetic acid? Or it is better to lessen it to 7%?