Author Topic: How is Someone Expected to Ingest 20 Grams of This Stuff?  (Read 2435 times)

Offline 93bywayofthedear

• View Profile
How is Someone Expected to Ingest 20 Grams of This Stuff?
« on: August 31, 2011, 01:23:06 PM »
I ate 500 mg of bark yesterday around noon. It is the most I have consumed so far. By 4, I was on my back with the lights off watching myself unravel in the strangest most peacefully terrifying manner. By 6, I was kind of waking up out of dreams and being a bit terrified at my disorientation, so I would just close my eyes and go right back in it. Wow!! It was really something. I mean really something. I woke up refreshed this morning without any urge to put nicotine or shitty food in my system. Ate a super healthy meal and wrote my schedule for the day. This amazing plant is truly helping me achieve what I was hoping it could. Granted, I am doing a lot of the work. I know that. But Iboga is just making it all so much more sacred and interesting. I just cannot imagine taking 40 times more than that. I mean. I was already really out there you know. Like, how does that translate. is it actually 40 times stronger if I take 20 grams of rootbark? Do I have to take 20 grams to flood? What if I am twice as sensitive as most?. Would not 10 do just fine then? How do i know if I flooded or not anyway? Sorry for the rapid questions. Thank you so much.

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
Re: How is Someone Expected to Ingest 20 Grams of This Stuff?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 01:39:03 PM »

Hi 93,

If you can take 15 grams you will have a flood the trick is not throwing it up.  RB is hard on the system and has a heavy body load.  If you need a flood I would suggest HCL would be a bit easier on your body and brain but you seem to like it so much that might not be the case.  I just want ya to know that you will be...be.... out of commission for a week or so.  Also, have a sitter around for you will be jacked up for lack of a better word.

Feel free to ask any questions you want, how else ya gonna know??

Best,

Roy

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 01:52:28 PM »

Hi Again,

I forgot to mention that you can go to a health food store and get some 000 (triple oh) caps and cap it and down the hatch.  If you think your going to be doing a lot you may want to invest in a cap making machine for about $25 or so, you can Goggle it.

Best,

Roy

Offline 93bywayofthedear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 02:40:45 PM »
I do not know if i need a flood Roy. Before 4 days ago, I was in dire straights. I just could not focus and I had about 4 unwanted habits going on. Nothing scandalous, just a lot of wasted energy in my opinion. And unhealthy for my body.

Now, 4 days later, I am doing without them and really enjoying the experience. If I get an urge for nicotine or junk food or whatever, I take another 100mg. Something is working here. And last night was just out of this world. I do not know how to describe this feeling other than I really love this part of myself and want to experience more more often. I just love how the whole thing works. I presume that i am probably on that pink cloud we find when we discover an entheogen  thats really just the bees knees and we want it to be that way forever even though it probably won't. But f^&*ck it this is the bees knees and I want it to be this way forever!! ;D

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 03:51:15 PM »
Listen to your body friend - no need to push it. Start with ten grams and go from there if needed. I have a feeling you won't need it. Be careful, Cal
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 09:08:26 AM »
Listen to your body for sure, but it very well can stay the bee's knees.  I have never had a bad experience with it.  Low doses, for me, which are 4-8 times your largest dose, have always been a great time for me.  Flood doses need not slam you out of your gourd for days, unless you really need it, such as for kicking a heavy addiction. 

Roy hasn't really used it much for small things, so what he describes comes from his personal experience with heavy duty doses.  Many people find these unpleasant, but not all of us find these minor difficulties that accompany these heavy doses, without benefit.  Some of my most difficult experiences have been the most rewarding and beneficial. 

Using low doses is fine, and if you are gaining so much benefit from low dosing, then see how far you can take it.  If you feel the need to experience a heavy experience, 10 grams of bark may very well do it for you.  I am definitely not on the sensitive side when it comes to these things, so get to know the medicine and yourself, and then decide what is best for you when you are ready.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 09:11:48 AM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."