Author Topic: Dragibus Magazine Kickstarter  (Read 8104 times)

Offline pkeffect

• Neurotranslinguistic Manifestation
  • Administrator
  • "But I forgot my pen..."
    • View Profile
    • Stuff & Things
Dragibus Magazine Kickstarter
« on: February 09, 2012, 11:03:46 PM »
I should have posted this sooner.....

Dragibus! Help fund a new entheogenic print magazine.

Hello all,
I am just making my way over here from the eDot fallout. I was 'himdumb' over there, and most of the rest of the entheo sites but thought i go with dragibus here. Anyway, I am attempting to start a quarterly print publication on the botany, cultivation, history, and usage of medicinal and entheogenic plants. I am crowd-funding the operation through Kickstarter and need some help doing it. If you arent familiar with kickstarter it is a website where you submit projects that you need funding for. People pledge different amounts to try and help you meet your goal. No one pays anything unless the funding goal is met ($5k in my case) and it wont be charged until the end of my project (Feb 16th). Those pledging to the project will receive rewards, like copies of the magazine, a 'thank you' in the magazine, ad space, ...

Dragibus is to be a quarterly print publication on the botany, cultivation, history, and usage of medicinal and entheogenic plants. Our publication will be a glossy, full color, full size magazine. We intend to have at least 28 pages and print at least 1000 copies. The money raised will go towards funding the cost of production, printing, and shipping of the first issue. Any extra money raised by our project will go towards printing more pages in the issue and more copies of the magazine.

In the first few issues of our magazine we intend to have articles on Banisteriopsis species cultivation and identification, a study of Acacia confusa, a look at Entheogenesis Australis 2011, herbal beer recipes, plant history pieces, interviews, and more.

For more info check out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crudd/dragibus

Thanks everyone and I hope we can make this happen,
Dragibus

I highly recommend helping out if you can :)

-pkeffect
"We exist in a multidimensional polymorphic hyperspacial internode of neurotranslinguistic manifestations subjugated by hyperbolic quantum entanglement." - me

Iboga Panacea

Re: Dragibus Magazine Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 02:24:50 PM »
Very nice and yes dividends always pay off through the moral compass karma invisible sheet of ethical standards.

Offline Jox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 03:39:58 PM »
Print as paper and ink?

Why?

Jox

fallout330

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 09:04:00 PM »
A cool idea pkeffect, sounds good1

Offline pkeffect

• Neurotranslinguistic Manifestation
  • Administrator
  • "But I forgot my pen..."
    • View Profile
    • Stuff & Things
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 01:39:34 PM »
Bringing this thread back. The first issue of Dragibus is now available. Even though it didn't meet its' goal on kickstarter, the man with the plan still managed to get it up and going.

http://www.dragibusmag.com/?a=subscribe

We can look forward to a normal release about every 4 months with articles on everything from ayahuasca to iboga. Please help support this publication in any way you can.

Thanks,

pkeffect
"We exist in a multidimensional polymorphic hyperspacial internode of neurotranslinguistic manifestations subjugated by hyperbolic quantum entanglement." - me

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 03:26:31 PM »
Good stuff pk - nice to see you around turd.
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline dragibus

• View Profile
Dragibus Magazine Issue 2
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 09:37:37 AM »
Hello everyone.  The second issue of Dragibus is available now!

The second issue features an article on sustainable lophophora cultivation, another herbal beer recipe, an interview with a Khat farmer and more...

Also, we are gathering content for the next issue and would like to feature an article or two on Iboga (and/or related species).  We are interested in articles on cultivation,  spirituality, indigenous, historical or medicinal usage.  Anyone interested in contributing can post here or pm me.

Thanks
Steve
Editor/Publisher
Dragibus Magazine

Offline dragibus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 08:24:38 PM »
The third issue is out now!  The third issue features an article on the Piper genus, a juniper ale recipe, an article on shamanic art of the Americas, an excerpt from Sacred Cacti: Third Edition and more...

Also, we are putting together the next issue and are looking for writers and photographers to contribute.  We are looking for submissions that relate to medicinal and entheogenic plants; their cultivation, identification, historical and cultural usage, and their related compounds.

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 03:26:37 PM »
The link wouldn't open for me, where do I get my hands on this magazine? Sounds Great! Thank You!

Offline dragibus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 01:33:54 PM »
Hey Lalababa,
All the links in this thread appear to be working for me, maybe the site was down for some reason when you tried.  It is up now and you can order the magazine at:  http://www.dragibusmag.com/?a=order

Thanks,
Steve

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 02:56:48 PM »
Thank You Dragibus!  When I get back to work here (shortly)  I will order a subscription and back orders... looks great!
lalababa

Offline dragibus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 09:58:32 AM »
Issue 4 of Dragibus is out now.   This issue features articles on Salvia divinorum (a cultivation article and a piece from Ross Heaven titled 'Salvia divinorum and the Illusion of our Existence'), Ancient and Modern uses of Mandrake, a look at Flavonoids, Deeply Hopped Ale and more...

Offline dragibus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 10:33:52 AM »
Hello everyonel,
The newest issue of Dragibus is out now! This issue features a piece on Psychoactive Insects, a review of Breaking Convention 2013, a Calamus Porter and more...

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 03:31:23 AM »
Wow!!!!
   ~ I was JUST considering this notion yesterday  :o [and for no good reason] - are there are really psychedelic insects? I am aware of none (as yet) so this will be an exciting issue, man! Thanks so much for the heads up; really looking forward to learning more...keep up the good work
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline Bancopuma

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 11:49:04 AM »
Thanks for the heads up on this! Have a few copies now and will keep my eyes out...loved the article on psychoactive insects, I did a masters in entomology at uni so this was of particular interest...psychedelic entomologly/ethnoentomology is a very niche field indeed!! So great to learn more about this. Thanks for a great magazine!  :)