Author Topic: Voacanga Africana  (Read 11049 times)

Nganga Nobunoni

Re: Voacanga Africana
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 11:47:10 AM »
Thanks for the info' I shall limit my posts now !!

Heads up on all the tech work' but it is a very good idea to limit this knowledge publicly'
Experimental gets too much press' it gets wiped out'
Be careful'
Be Safe'

All the Best'

Bliss!

Nobu +

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 09:10:19 PM »
This is an open forum, but as it attracts people with some experience in chemistry and such I see the need to discuss certain things in a more private setting. Last thing I want to see is someone with little or no experience trying something we discuss as hypothetical and being harmed. Good to bring this to light Nobu and GD - thanks.

I agree that perhaps the forum will experience more growth if people feel safe here - which is what I have always wanted...I'll be getting on this directly. I'm up for starting a thread with any suggestions, or if you like PM me with ideas. Either way. This place belongs to all of us....love C
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010, 04:37:08 PM »
BUMP

Looking for anyone who has personal experience with V.africana - I think there has been some material circulating which is questionable, and of all the things it 'could' be - voacanga stands out to me. It is easily confused (by some) with T.iboga and though it contains similar alkaloids - its apples and oranges. My brother took some - a small amount of a well prepared TA and had difficult symptoms. Severe vertigo for about 36 hours with CNS depressant type effects. No visuals, diarrhea , red eyes and ataxia. He slept - so there was none of the stimulation associated with ibogaine. He is experienced in these things and would not have mistaken any of these symptoms. This is not iboga. There is scuttlebutt about those who have taken small (gram sized) doses of this root bark -which came pre powdered and so is difficult to ID - these people expressed pleasant effects with these doses and little or no side effects as I have mentioned. Anyone here have experience with large doses of extracted Voacanga? Whatever it is, it is not Tabernanthe iboga. Mistakes happen, but we need to be alert to these type things. Please share any information as there is little in the way of what I'm seeking online.

fallout330

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 07:05:38 PM »
Hey Cal,

I think Psychenaut had a similar experience.  I believe he ordered T.Iboga root bark from Shamanic Extracts and apparently was sent V. Africana root bark instead.  The result was very unpleasant for a number of days, from what I understand.  If Psychenaut still reads the forums, maybe he can comment.

Thanks

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 08:07:40 PM »
Thanks fallout...I'll see if I can find him, been missing him lately anyway. What you describe sounds very similar if not identical to what brother experienced. This may help nail down exactly what we are dealing with here. Like I said, mistakes happen - most vendors have scruples, and word-of-mouth is everything in these circles, so this could be and probably is just a mix up or mistaken identity. Nevertheless, its best to get these things in the open so they do not recur.. I know that I trust everyone on this forum for their integrity and their opinions - there is no culpability here (caveat emptor) and I do not look to admonish, I just have a desire to clarify. Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 08:18:00 PM by calaquendi »

fallout330

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 11:28:37 PM »
Certainly could have been an unfortunate mix-up Cal.  I certainly would like to know more if possible.  Overall I hear mostly positive results from Shamanic Extracts.

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 11:19:25 AM »
What was the source of the TA?  I am contemplating getting some TA, HCL & RB and would be incredibly bummed-out to get something not right.

eon

PS  --  I heard vague rumors of some recent RB that was not good, but no final word yet.  ~e

PPS  --  OK, looks like my question was answered via back-channel.  The TA was from the same RB I heard about.  There are, at this time, no reports about any bad TA or HCl from commercial sources.  I suggest that you contact me via PM before buying any RB until this situation is understood.    ~e
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 06:57:03 PM by Eon T McKnight »

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2010, 10:23:03 AM »
The TA was made by a friend from some (ostensibly) iboga rootbark....I have no qualms or questions about the efficacy of the extraction or the person doing it- it is the material which is in doubt. I was going to ask you about analytical processes - I know you have friends in the business....any way we can get this looked at somehow? GC/MS or x-ray chromatography...anything more sophisticated than bioassay? I know we'd have to be sneaky, but I'm really wanting a final word on this... PM me?

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 10:57:50 AM »
I miss Nobu.

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2010, 12:13:22 PM »
Chris Jenks would be the one to ask, but he may be in Africa.  Since, with the data at hand, it appears that the RB is likely to be a combination of iboga and Voacanga  --  that's probably why it was powdered, to hide the 'cut'.

While there is a simple test to determine the presence of ibogaine, what is really needed is a test to determine if Voacanga alkaloids are present.

I seem to recall Chris Jenks published (or maybe it is on the video) for detecting Voacanga alks.  I checked my files and googled but could not find it.  I tried listening to the video now, but my broadband cellular modem is in the pits due to the weather.  Can someone with a good connection scan it?

I have been told in Gabon there are; or is; a plant that looks and tastes just like iboga and some people cut their produce with this.    ~e

Offline celestial

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2016, 10:08:32 AM »
Most vendors are sending you voacanga, or just iboga root, that is reason why so much people say they have side effects or no visuals.