Author Topic: Easiest way...  (Read 3591 times)

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Easiest way...
« on: August 02, 2012, 03:11:34 PM »
to extract 17g rb to a TA?  Yield???  Enough for flooding a 170lb non-addict for psycho spiritual purposes?

Any help would be appreciated.  I don't really want him to have to take all the bark if it isn't necessary.

Also, time may be limited.  How long will said extraction take?

Sorry, I am too busy to search the threads.  I am on here a lot, but always for short periods.

Thanks,

Brandon

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
Re: Easiest way...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 01:30:54 PM »

If you get 100% you would have about 850mg

Roy

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 01:57:06 PM »

If you get 100% you would have about 850mg

Roy

It must produce more TA than that I would think.  GD, HP, KIAP can you chime in?

No offense Roy, but I would like another person to also chime in (as well as a simple extraction method (detailed step by step).  Friend has never journeyed before, but I know he is ready.  He is ~77kg and doing it for psycho spiritual purposes.  I would rather not feed him all that bark, although it may be the best experience for him in the end.  The extraction is what I am feeling and advice would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

BB

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 01:59:04 PM »
Also, how long would the total extraction take?

Thanks.

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 05:04:33 PM »
I'm thinking this department is somewhat delicate.

*50% Red Wine Vinegar (acidity of 7%) 50% Organic Grain Alcohol or Everclear
*Your 17gr RB

(1) Blend them for quite a long time
(2) Put in a Mason Jar and shake as many times as you can think about it
---  1-4 weeks depending on how much time you have, HP has even done fine for one day ---
(3) Strain through a mesh cloth
***Squeeze real good
(4) Strain through a coffee filter
(5) Put on a pyrex dish of some sort
(6) Place in oven or dehydrator at around 170.
(7) Once dry scrape with knife
***If too dry add water and use your clean fingers to re liquidate and stick back in oven
---or form into globes and stick back into oven
(8) Mortar and Pestil make into a powder
(9) Use as large of pills as you can '000' is best

Should get between 3-5gr TA

Take all within 10 minutes

Hope this helps, obviously GD and HP will have better responses.  I think HP is still on vacation in the Bermuda Triangle. 

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 05:06:33 PM »
Yeah that's enough to get over threshold (170lbs).

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 05:15:53 PM »
It depends on what exactly you want, how much you want to work, how pure you want it, etc.  I would suggest trying Achtwan and Calaquendi's simple vinegar extraction.  Or you can use a couple drops of muriatic acid in a gallon of water and use that in place of vinegar, since it may even yield better, and any excess hydrochloric acid evaporates off as a gas when the extract completely dries..

This greatly reduces the amount of material one has to take, doesn't lose any of the goodies at all, and is so simple anyone can do it within a day or so.  It will not be a pretty, sparkling crystally, or very pure extract, but it removes the wood, and reduces the amount of material to take without losing any of the good stuff.  So, I would definitely suggest it, especially since you only have 17 grams and you can't afford any losses that a more involved extract of greater purity would give you.

You can use this link as a guide: http://eboka.info/index.php?topic=7.0   

I would replace the vinegar with distilled water and a cap full of muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid saturated water) per gallon of water.  You can probably use even less, but if you don't have a pH tester it won't hurt much, since excess hydrochloric acid will turn to a gas in the absence of water.  If you have a pH tester, pH 3-4 is plenty low enough.  But completely drying your extract will ensure there is no extra acid left.  However, going way too overboard with the acid will pull more gunk, such as tannins and stuff from the bark, which will make your extract less pure. 

I have always judged by eye , and usually about a cap full of muriatic acid from the muriatic acid bottle into a gallon of water is just fine.  Some use 4 drops muriatic acid per 100 mls of distilled water for pulling mescaline freebase from solvent, so that could also be a rough way to estimate how much acid to use.  And the reason why I suggested using the muriatic acid and distilled water is because it is a stronger acid than acetic acid, and it can pull out more alkaloids, thus providing a more thorough extraction and a better yield, which is of utmost importance on such a small amount. 

But anyways, you'd simply soak the bark in some fresh acidic water (vinegar or muriatic acid in water) for an hour to 90 minutes (heat is not necessary and only serves to make it harder to strain, so you don't have to heat it, or boil it or anything, just soak...), then strain it with an old t-shirt, place the bark in some more fresh acidic water for a second soak, and set aside the acidic solution you strained off, to combine with the other soaks when you are all finished. 

You should do at least 3 or 4 soaks on the bark, although some suggest to repeat the soaks until the water comes out completely clear.  This adds some time to the evaporation, though, so you decide how thorough you need to be.  After four soaks, you should have 90%+ of all the alkaloids. 

After all the soaks and strains are complete, combine the acidic water portions you collected, and place them into a baking dish, or some dish that is safe in the oven, on low heat, and even slightly crack it open.  Evaporate the water until it starts to get thick, than I would place the last bit in front of a fan to let the breeze dry it out over night.  Placing panty hose over the dish to keep out dust, animal hair, or bugs can be a good idea, if your area isn't the cleanest. 

When it is COMPLETELY dry, scrape it up, and it's ready to take!  8)  With your 17 g extraction, I would suggest taking all the TA you come up with, for a single flood.  In any other instance, say you used 30 grams of bark and you got 15 grams of this crude TA.  You would know that each gram of TA is like taking two grams of bark.  People tend to take about 10-30 grams of bark for an average flood, but I would probably need closer to 40-50, since I am very insensitive. 

17 g should be a decent flood for someone without any habits to kick and as long as there are no losses in the extraction.  And the one I suggested is so easy it shouldn't give you any trouble.  Best wishes and please let us know how it goes!!

PS.. The extraction KP posted would work, so would soaking it all in methanol, 3-4 times, straining it, then addic muriatic acid to the methanol, and either filtering out the extract that precipitates, or if it doesn't precipitate, then just evaporate it and use that. 

I really think that Cal and Achtwan's simple one is easiest for such a small amount, though, plus all the alkaloids are most stable in an acidic salt form, and by adding HCl to the water, it is immediately transformed into this form, and it stays in this form all the way until it starts to be broken down and metabolized by the body.  Some extractions that turn it to a freebase risk some loss if they don't convert it to a salt fast since the freebases oxidize quickly.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 05:20:36 PM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 07:24:49 PM »
Thanks y'all. ;)