Author Topic: Pré and post Iboga dieta  (Read 3563 times)

Offline zingdoozer

• View Profile
Pré and post Iboga dieta
« on: March 26, 2013, 07:39:16 AM »
I'm still in the dark about the Pre and post Ibiga diets and would be grateful for any advice.

Ayahuasca has a pretty specific dieta but searches online and here didn't show me much.

Even the diet thread on here is wildly contradictory with some fruit and veg peeps and others doing Paleo.

I'm currently on a fruit and veggie diet. With some fish thrown in.

I do miss my meat and wonder if I can have it or better to stick to non red meat if I do, fish as a better option and pure fruit and veg as the best option.

Also unsure about yoghurt, milk or eggs.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
Re: Pré and post Iboga dieta
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 04:34:31 PM »
I've never come across any specific dieta for Iboga zing which is probably why you're finding all kinds of recommendations. Iboga is not like Aya in that respect. I think it boils down to different strokes for different folks.

If you're a veggie, then eat a good organic veggie diet, if you like meat, that's OK too although as yuo're in the UK,  I'd watch out for horsemeat  ;) . Chicken would be a better alternative if fish isn't cutting it for you.

I think the path to follow is to just eat as little (preferably none) processed food as possible (which you're already doing) , keep up with the supplements and exercise.

Sounds like you're on the right track and doing just fine.

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 05:15:18 PM »
Pre-Iboga, I think you would want to fast for awhile maybe 8-12 hours for a couple of reasons. One, so you have less in in your stomach to make you feel ill.  Two, so the medicine will hit you quickly.  I ate right before my last flood because I didn't have the chance to so 8+ hours before and I was very hungry and I knew I would have no appetite afterward.  It did take the medicine quite awhile to hit.  For your last meal before Iboga (8-12hrs) I would eat something pretty hearty because of the lack of appetite afterward.  After Iboga, eat what you want because usually you will only want what you need.  I always find that certain foods (processed food and meat for me) just look and sound disgusting afterward.  I usually only want fresh fruits and veggies.  It really has a weird and wonderful side effect of only making you want to put things in your body that it truly needs.

The only food that I have heard of that may have some contradiction with Iboga is grapefruit.  So I would stay away from that for a little while before and after.

The same goes for liquids before hand.  You do not want to dehydrate yourself but you don't want a belly full of water as it may make you purge more quickly than you should.  Sips of water during and maybe some ginger tea or ginger beer may be beneficial as ginger seems to calm an upset stomach.

I personally have never had any nausea so I felt comfortable eating before hand, but this is not the case for everyone and like I already mentioned it took quite a bit of time before I felt the affects of it where I had seen someone else take some of the exact same batch of medicine a few days before on an empty stomach and it hit them very quickly.

Some people seem to be able to eat fairly soon after, for me I can't eat anything for several days and I feel very weak from it, for that reason and knowing that I usually don't get nausea is the only reason I did eat a light meal right before ingesting it last time.

hope this helps,
lala

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 05:21:29 PM »
Another thing that may be of use to know, for me anyways, when my appetite does finally come back, I can't seem to eat enough good food and my appetite usually comes back before I feel like leaving the house to go and get it.  It might be wise to have it already available, I would get some good healthy food before a flood, have the refrigerator stocked so you aren't sitting around starving yourself because you would rather do that than go out in public! :)

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 09:30:29 PM »
You have no MAOI, so there is less concern with your diet pre/post flooding than with aya. 

This is completely subjective.  It depends on how you administer your flood dose, on the individual's own personal needs etc.  What has been recommended to me is usually you don't want to eat a large amount within 4-6 hours of flooding. 

Everyone has there own way with this, but like entheo_newbie said, there is not a universal diet concerning Iboga.  At this point, you should ask yourself, what are your goals from your diet?  So now we are moving onto basic nutrition conversation, which is kind of my talk...but it goes beyond nutrition Ebokians  :P .... 

-Try to keep it to fruits and veggies (DLG's) if you can pre and post flood.  (for me that's about 12 hours pre-flood and after I will eat whatever my body tells me too.....although I try to make it fruits and veggies for as long as possible).
-Avocados are really good!!!
-Quinoa is the best most nutritious, easiest to digest grain for me.
-Try to stay alkaline in all aspects of life----yes, that's right even your lifestyle beyond food intake effects your body's pH, so exercise your mind, body, spirit.  Be kind to yourself, stress=acidic states. 
-Spending time in the NOW.  Leaving your pain body as often as possible and bathing in the warm love of the collective conscious. 
-
-

Everything you do (especially your Iboga flood), in theory, will only lead to decalcification if the pineal gland.  This has been my focus right now.  When you know that all of these lifestyle changes are leading to a less calcified pineal gland, you tend to know internally where it's best to focus your decalcification activities for the day/week/month/year/which will of course only evolve into the next great awakening!