Author Topic: Ghost Pipe  (Read 3353 times)

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Ghost Pipe
« on: August 25, 2013, 09:20:26 AM »
So brother's wife recently found and gathered a bunch of this somewhat obscured fungus.  When I first saw it and she briefly described what she had read about it, there was an intuitive feeling that it holds some promise.  She is making a tincture and I am very much looking forward to sampling and reporting back findings.

Does anyone have experience with this plant?  Here are some 'ramblings' about it:

http://greenmanramblings.blogspot.com/2010/07/ghost-pipe-monotropa-uniflora.html

It certainly seems to pique some interest.

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Pipe
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 12:34:24 PM »
Wow... This is fascinating. I like the way this guy thinks:

"From a strictly materialistic standpoint this appears to be a purely parasitic relationship.
My own belief is that there is no such thing as pure parasitism.
Ghost Pipe to me is the distillation of the consciousness of the forest -- of the deep peace that comes from complete integration in the cycles of birth and death to the point where the distinction ceases to have meaning. Simultaneously, it is a watcher at the edge, taking in all it perceives without judgment and feeding information back into the mycelial networks that form the nervous system of the forest."

I am intrigued. I have seen it grow around where I live and of course, I've been told that it's deadly poisonous. Ah, how many psychedelics/psychoactives have we been told are "poisonous"?

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Pipe
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 02:45:41 AM »
Wow!  I can't wait to hear your report on this.  Fascinating indeed :D