Author Topic: Kratom and Iboga  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Amanitadine

• View Profile
Kratom and Iboga
« on: February 19, 2014, 06:39:13 PM »
Hello all

I started a thread in the introductions section...all the sordid details are there :D But anyways, I've searched high and low for the use of Iboga for kratom addiction....the most comprehensive report was by Blue Tiger (thanks!) and I'm hungry for more info. I've heard conflicting things, some say it works great, others say it doesn't work as well as it does for straightforward opioids.

The most dominant effects from the alkaloids in kratom besides the opioidergic ones are the elevation of NE....some minor calcium channel blocking, some NMDA antagonism.....but anecdotally Iboga works great for other addictions as well....'

So I'm curious....looking for firsthand experiences, secondhand, experiences of providers, hell even third hand will do! I have been taking around 50 g of plain leaf for 2.5 years.....spent about 15 years before that on heroin, pharms, methadone, suboxone, etc....as well as other shit drugs like coke and meth. And a priestly array of psychedelics of which I can say no wrong! But the soul sucking drugs....mehhhhh

It has only been kratom the last 2 years....nothing else, save for an occasional entheogenic experience when I am feeling up for it... And I am finding it especially hard to stop and STAY stopped. I am prepping for a flood, have 2g of HCl and g of TA, and have been preparing my whole life for such...

Any input appreciated!

Thanks!

Offline atom

• View Profile
Re: Kratom and Iboga
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 01:02:23 AM »
anyone??

wondering this myself as I've been using plain leaf kratom for about a month, still a day without isn't all that bad. I've heard as long as iboga has turned to metabolite (sorry im not a doc:) 45 mins or so it is then ok to take kratom. but again I've no idea and thats the reverse.

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
Re: Kratom and Iboga
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 08:03:24 PM »
I know Blue Tiger came out of it in full withdrawal but he felt okay a couple of days later.  There have been others here who have used it for Kratom with success but I really don't know for sure.  I do think it would be a lot easier than coming straight off methadone or subs though so that is a plus. 

Maybe someone else has answers? 

lala