Author Topic: microdosing Anxiety disorders and OCD  (Read 4128 times)

Offline Andy

• View Profile
microdosing Anxiety disorders and OCD
« on: November 13, 2014, 01:10:13 AM »
Hey everyone,  :)
I'm new to this forum, so I thank you all for sharing your experiences and comments.

Here is my story:
I wanted to do mainly Ibogaine for my OCD, specifically obsessive repetitive thinking and anxiety. I don't do drugs, I don't drink alcohol, I eat healthy, with relatively healthy lifestyle, etc. However I do have this challenging anxiety disorder.
So I did the flood dose about a month ago, 50/50 HCL and TA, 15mg/kg.
Felt great for a few weeks (although still have obsessive thinking), and then gradually the glow wore down, and now I'm pretty much back to how i felt before, in terms of symptoms.
So I started microdosing, and 300mg of rootbark every day actually seems a bit too much for me. So I decided to do 300mg in 2 days.
(actually I wonder how people can do microdosing 600mg+ every day, without feeling super exhausted and stuck in bed all day long)

So my question I guess would be, did anyone out there had success (or experience) with microdosing for anxiety, and specifically OCD, in the sense of: gradually reduced symptoms (over the course of weeks) until none left, and then reduced microdosing coming to a full stop, and long-term symptom free mind?
I dont know if my question is so clear, but I hope so.

Thanks all! I really appreciate your experiences, especially if relevant to this topic.

Offline holdorfold

• View Profile
Re: microdosing Anxiety disorders and OCD
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 07:25:07 PM »
Hi, sorry this is slightly off topic as it's not directly related to iboga...

But I also have been suffering from what seems to be OCD, although I've never been diagnosed with it.

I recommend checking out the "Sedona Method", search for it on Youtube there's several videos there. The longer ones are good to watch. It's helped me a lot.

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 08:25:36 PM »
My experience is micro dosing Iboga can at times mitigate anxiety and at times.  one never knows for certain as both humans and Iboga are so unpredictable. 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:08:05 PM by Kampum »

Offline Alignment

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 10:35:52 AM »
I just started micro dosing .5 grams every 3 or 4 days a week ago. I feel less anxious and the inner critic that tells me what to do and judges is gone. I feel calmer and more centred. I don't exactly have major anxiety or OCD but I think I can relate as I have ptsd, obsessive thoughts, tinnitus and previously insomnia. 300 mg even every other day might be too much for me as I feel the root bark gives me energy and would keep me up at night, so maybe try it every 3 or 4 days. I'm not sure how Iboga root bark could make someone tired, but we are all different.

Offline dingo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »
Hi,

I'm new on here too and funnily enough my main reason for microdosing is for OCD. I've had severe OCD for 20+ years and recently it has got worse. In the past microdosing psilocybin has helped a lot. I'm currently on day 6 of microdosing 300mg root bark daily. First few days I was very euphoric, alert and slightly trippy with a slight worsening of OCD. However I am able to stay much more mindful of my compulsions thanks to the plant and therefore am able to say "no. I won't do that" as soon as the urge arises. Usually I'm so lost in my monkey thoughts that the compulsions are just carried out without my even being conscious of them, other than the obvious anxiety they trigger. In other words, it happens on autopilot.

I believe psychedelics are definitely one of the best treatments for OCD but it doesn't happen automatically. I believe we have to be very mindful and actively seek to require our brains with the help of the plants. It's a bit like CBT.

Incidentally, I'm also finding that very small doses of lithium orotate (2.5g daily), P5P (B6) and zinc and magnesium are making it even more effective. I also take Rhodiola rosea which is an Adaptogenic herb.

So far I'm definitely making progress! I'd say 50% improved and rising.

Even my kitchen is messy today! Lol

Good luck!

Offline dingo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 02:51:42 PM »
Edit: 2.5mg of lithium orotate sorry!