Author Topic: Are two floods better than one?  (Read 3413 times)

Offline Entheologist

• View Profile
Are two floods better than one?
« on: May 08, 2015, 12:03:00 PM »
My first flood cured all kinds of things and it woke up my emotions, but I feel like it wasn't enough, I have such deep seeded issues that I need another one. Now that my emotions are awake, I actually feel the problems so I'm suffering like mad at the moment. Anything that happens that in the past would have just mildly bothered me, now I start hurting pretty badly. I was abnormally sensitive as a kid and as a teenager its like I shut down my emotions to survive, now the sensitivity is back full force and this makes it difficult to be alive, more so than it was before the flood. I heard from someone on this forum that the provider I did it with uses doses a bit too low for an actual flood, if thats the case I'm very optimistic about a full flood dose because the dose I took changed me deeply.

I know many providers do two floods over the course of a couple of weeks or so. Have any of you here done two floods in a short space of time? What was your experience with the second flood?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 12:05:05 PM by Entheologist »

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Are two floods better than one?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 04:18:33 AM »
bump

I would also like to hear some experiences with this (two floods).

Or an update from Entheologist about this.

Offline ryu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 05:51:18 AM »
Hi all,

I have done 4 floods in the last 6 years and the last one, despite the dark psychological discomfort, has been the most healing. I think that Iboga "peels layers of the onion" and reveals our neurosis in chunks. Some of us may only have a little dysfunction whilst others may have some deep rooted trauma that requires alot of work.

My floods have always been prompted by my despair and prior to my first flood, i didnt feel like i was living and couldnt bear to be alive. Each flood has helped me to love and accept myself more and more. Be it ayahuasca or Iboga, the really work begins AFTER the ceremony.

I believe the plants sometimes leave us with a residue of the ills we have uprooted from our subsciousness and thats where the work is.

I think its worth looking at some form of therapy between floods.

Finally in answer to your question YES! however the ceremony itself is not the complete healer its the revealing and the work you put in afterwards that is.

PS. I have heard that it is not wise to do floods within quick succession of each other. Ive heard its best to wait until the Noribogaine has left the system. Its rumoured that this is 7-9 weeks.  Do your own research on that though as everything is always open to conflict.

:-)

Ryu

Offline dusttrust

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 06:25:16 AM »
Just something I can add: I did my first 3 flood within 3 a three months period, and not only did I get diminished return, after the third flood, and I think a part of it had to do with my body having to much noribogaine, I became, for several months, very inconsiderate of the feelings of others and hurt people in very mean ways, something I would have never otherwise done. It is as if a great part of my empathy had become numb for several months.

Has anyone here have that kind of experience?

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 08:49:26 AM »
Kind of, yes. It wasn't after having done many floods, though. It was after having a few strong microdoses (a few hundred mg of TA).

Iboga teaches you that you have all the answers inside, right? Well, I got that message, but I didn't quite completely *get* all the answers inside that I needed, so I started acting in that way--less considerate of others. "I don't need *you*!" I was never mean, but I did isolate myself from some new friends.

Maybe this was for the better--maybe they were friends not so good for me. Maybe iboga guided me to do that and expedited the process of having the friends I wanted vs. the friends I didn't want. But nevertheless, it was an uncomfortable social experience and, seeing how I did not have any sort of personal guidance at the time, I think a lot of us Westerners are in awkward social situations that are hard to heal with iboga alone.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 12:48:16 PM by RhythmSpring »