Author Topic: Ibogaine death! It happened to me!  (Read 7505 times)

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
Ibogaine death! It happened to me!
« on: July 21, 2015, 01:47:57 PM »
I don' know what else I can tell but I took ibogaine and my heart stopped and I was dead for 35 minutes with no oxygen to my brain which destroyed my basal ganglia.  It has a lot to do with motor function so I now have Parkinson's symptoms and balance issues.  I also fell and shattered my femur and while in therapy broke my right hip just standing on it which also happened to my left hip after my coma.  From the methadone they put me on in my coma. Apparently it causes osteoporosis and weakened my bones from being in a coma for 40 days..  I don't remember anything for about 2 weeks before it happened, I only know what my girlfriend tells me..  I am down to 1.25 mgs of methadone and 30 mgs of morphine 3 times a day..  Slowly reducing and trying to deal with the minor withdrawal. I just take an extra morphine when it gets too rough but I hope to be all the way off and just use them for pain as needed soon.
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ibogaine death! It happened to me!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 05:31:11 PM »
I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind:

1) Do you know why it happened? Like, do you have a low QT interval or something? Abnormally low heart rate?

2) Have you considered *microdosing* Iboga for anti-addictive properties and perhaps to facilitate nerve repair? Iboga, after all, induces nerve growth factor.
(http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/showthread.php?t=48485)

I am certainly not suggesting you do enough to put you under--something certainly went wrong there and we don't want to revisit that. But it also seems like the medicinal benefits of Ibogaine fit right up your alley.

3) Do you remember anything from the flood itself? Do you think there are any psychospiritual correlations to what happened?

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 06:23:52 AM »
My girlfriend asked me about microdosing but I am a little afraid to try considering what happened last time I took it and I have no memory of my last flood..  I don't think it had anything to do with any psychospiritual but I do think I had a long QT wave that caused my heart to stop..
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 12:26:49 PM »
but I do think I had a long QT wave that caused my heart to stop..

What makes you think this? Did you have a test? Or are you just guessing?

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 01:24:43 PM »
I took ibogaine and my heart stopped, what else could it be?  I had a cardiologist tell me my heart is beating fine now, but I don't know what else could cause that.
GratefulDad

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 04:53:09 PM »
I took ibogaine and my heart stopped, what else could it be? 

I'm not a doctor!

You're not a doctor!

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 06:05:22 AM »
Doctors treated it like an overdose on opiates..  They didn't even know about ibogaine!
GratefulDad

Offline ddraig

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 03:35:35 PM »

I'm sorry to hear what happened and what you have been through, but Im glad that you are still alive!

How much ibogaine did you take? was it a flood dose? When was the last time you took iboga (microdosing or otherwise)?

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 02:09:32 PM »
Yes it was a flood dose and it had probably been a year since I microdosed..  I think it was around a gram, but maybe Cal would know?
GratefulDad

Offline infinity

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 01:20:59 AM »
This is really scary! How are you doing now? I have been reading all of your post for the past few years now, and the fact that it happened to you of all people, after you took such a high dose in the past, does it make you wonder if its more likely to happen after previous floods? Do you have anymore information to add on this matter?

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 02:19:59 AM »
GD - I hope you know how remarkable and wonderful it is for me to see you posting here man....there is absolutely NO closer a man can come to the be all end all as you did. Very emotional and tons of gratitude to see you active, and with a steadfast, positive attitude too! You seem to have lost none of your shrewd and discerning manner and although you obviously suffered greatly it is truly an event that you are with us at all - the fact of you posting here  is nothing short of miraculous... a unique and incredible benefit to those who come seeking information.

Your personal testimony is invaluable - so much can be learned [prevented even] by your participation here. God bless you brother. I am glad to see you  :)
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 03:07:48 AM »
Thank you Cal, I try...
GratefulDad

Offline dusttrust

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 07:53:32 PM »
GratefulDad, any update on this? Did your situation change? I'm sorry to read that by the way (even though it happened a few months ago already).

Offline mindash

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2017, 11:05:51 AM »
any updates brother???? hope your doing better