Author Topic: Ibogaine Patient's Bill of Rights  (Read 4158 times)

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
Ibogaine Patient's Bill of Rights
« on: June 12, 2010, 10:35:25 PM »
I thought I saw this before but I am not sure where and we definitely need this in a sticky.  Something EVERY patient or person seeking treatment should read:

Ibogaine Patients' Bill of Rights

The patient has the right to understand and use these rights. If for any reason you do not understand your rights or you need help in understanding your rights, the Ibogaine provider must make assistance available, including an interpreter.

The patient has the right to receive treatment with Ibogaine and to be informed of the dose and form of ibogaine you will receive.

The patient has the right to receive complete information about your diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.

The patient has the right to participate in all decisions about your treatment.

The patient has the right to receive treatment without discrimination as to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.

The patient has the right to receive considerate and respectful care in a clean and safe environment free of unnecessary restraint.

The patient has the right to be informed of the name and position of the provider who will be in charge of your Ibogaine therapy

The patient has the right to receive all the information that you need to give informed consent for any proposed procedure or treatment you will receive and the possible risks and benefits of the proposed procedure or treatment.

The patient has the right to refuse to take part in research, including a full explanation sufficient to help you to decide whether or not to participate.

The patient has the right to refuse treatment and be told what effect this may have on your health.

The patient has the right to be informed of alternate therapies.

The patient has the right to privacy while undergoing Ibogaine treatment and confidentiality of all information and records regarding your care.

The patient has the right to review your treatment record without charge and obtain a copy of your treatment record for which your provider can charge a reasonable fee, with the understanding that you can not be denied a copy solely because you cannot afford to pay.

The patient has the right to complain without fear of reprisals about the care and services you are receiving, and to have the provider respond to you.

The patient has the right to file a Grievance Form and have a patient advocate intervene on your behalf.
Ibogaine Patients' Responsibilities

Patients are responsible for providing information about past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and other health-related matters.

Patients are responsible for informing their treatment providers and other caregivers if they anticipate problems in following prescribed treatment.

Patients must take responsibility for requesting additional information or clarification about their health status or treatment when they do not fully understand the current information or instructions.
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ibogaine Patient's Bill of Rights
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 11:41:31 PM »
Excellent GD - thank you!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

fallout330

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 12:23:52 PM »
Good to see again.

Offline vicka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 07:54:56 PM »
i'd like to see that posted for every substance and intervention in the world.

*applauds*

--vicka

Offline heyoka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 08:27:11 AM »
The importance of informed consent is just the start of the providers responsibility to those who are seeking help & guidance and should not just be exclusively viewed as a medical/legal issue but more balanced towards one of a moral responsibility. Validation that those who are about to take Iboga have (as much as is possible) integrated the meaning of such given information is absolutely paramount.  Such protocol informed consent/disclosure forms should be subject to continual improvement & development to cover all newly developed indications for Iboga.  Also people understanding further beyond the immediate medical/physical considerations must be constantly expanded upon. It must be made clear to you that there is great value be gained from entertaining the prospect that Iboga is essentially a catalyst that kick starts you towards a gradual process of self realisation & growth above all else. The 'practitioner' needs to tirelessly assist & nurture the seeker/patient towards this possible outcome in every way that is possible & should insists on you at least having a structured support network in place as a prerequisite to treatment. In all honesty, no one can fully appreciate beforehand the way in which Iboga can change you certainly as afterwards from the seekers point of view (once the honeymoon period is over) it can often be perceived as not being for the better especially whilst things are in flux.

During the transitional period sometimes you can struggle, especially if  you have not yet deployed the necessary lifestyle changes. Old mechanisms or echoes of once ingrained mental patterns can offer themselves up as a 'way forward' so to speak. You need to be aware & to have some appreciation of how it can effect your decision making. Discuss this concerns with your service provider. Ask what kind of support they systems they offer.  Of course this not always the case because sometimes those who are ready, are just simply ready, regardless of the challenges that lay ahead or indeed the circumstances of which their communion with Iboga took place in.

Iboga strips away all the lies, it has no agenda other than 'what is' Reassurance must be given at these moments when you feel this. You should be encouraged to keep in touch as much as is possible. Post Iboga acceptance can evolve to give way to new things thus welcoming in new coping mechanisms & 'energies'.  It is all a part of the healing process & is completely natural as the 'old operating system' is erased and the new one is installed.  Recovery is at best a dynamic & abstract thing that must encompass the best of empirical & other complimentary spiritual/healing aspects.  I believe this is where a clear distinction can be made between the motives of those who are involved with working with Iboga strictly as a business & those who have made it a way of life. Finding the right person for this job is vital. I'd say that you should trust your instincts above all else.

Understanding what the freedom to be responsible actually means carries with it great responsibility. Just my ten cent worth!
You had a profoundly spiritual experience, you're hooked, you want more, you're a seeker. No junkie has ever been as dedicated or as continually disappointed or more miserable. once, you'd have been satisfied with a new car & a loving mate. now you'll settle for nothing less than union with God.

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 09:50:20 AM »
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 09:56:54 AM by harveyplex »