Author Topic: Iboga tea?  (Read 754 times)

Offline augieji

• View Profile
Iboga tea?
« on: January 31, 2018, 10:07:00 PM »
Hi, I purchased 72 grams of root bark and 4 grams of TA. According to the person in Camorroon I'm supposed to take 2 liters of water and some lemon juice to bring out alkaloids and 50 grams of root bark and make tea. I'm supposed to consume this for 2 days and then take the TA, 1 gram per day? Has anyone done it this way? It seems like one of the bwiti ways? I might not be understanding this right? It seems like I'd be pucking the tea up? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Iboga tea?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 01:21:14 PM »
This does not seem like the traditional Bwiti way. My understanding is that they just chew the bark, straight. There is no need to make a tea or do any fancy extraction. Your digestive system extracts the alkaloids just fine.

Also, that is  A LOT of iboga rootbark and TA, both. Have you done this before? Have you taken a test dose? What's your weight? I know people who will flood on just 10 grams of rootbark. People have varying sensitivities, and it's good to know yours.

Offline augieji

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 09:45:16 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I was given this info from the seller that says he's in Cameroon? I am 185 lbs and have chewed a small piece of bark to see what it tasted like and to see if it was real. I also made a small amount of tea that seems to make me a little more alert. The bark I have is shavings and powder at the bottom. Do you have experience in chewing the bark? I might have a higher tolerance. I use San Pedro from time to time. Isn't there a formula per body weight. You would just chew 10 grams of root bark?

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 01:27:29 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I was given this info from the seller that says he's in Cameroon? I am 185 lbs and have chewed a small piece of bark to see what it tasted like and to see if it was real. I also made a small amount of tea that seems to make me a little more alert. The bark I have is shavings and powder at the bottom. Do you have experience in chewing the bark? I might have a higher tolerance. I use San Pedro from time to time. Isn't there a formula per body weight. You would just chew 10 grams of root bark?

It's good to get opinions from experienced people who aren't making money off you. That's a lot of iboga and he stands to benefit from your using a lot. Independent sellers from Africa can be sketchy. Ibogaworld is tried and true (in my book) as are a couple other vendors.

Chewing is the way to go. If you make a tea, you are chemically changing it, and I don't know what that'll be like. You might destroy some alkaloids, change others...

Some sellers (especially independent ones) sell Voacanga africana as Tabernanthe iboga, and it ends up screwing some people over.

Anyway, I have no idea what you got. Assuming it's true iboga root...

Just chew it, man. Nothin fancy.

Offline augieji

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 11:46:21 PM »
Thanks I really don't mind the taste. San Pedro is just as bitter, if not more. That I make into a tea. Adding lemon, brings out the alkaloids. I chewed about  .83 of a gram today. felt a numbing sensation in my mouth. Not really anything else? Still not sure how much to chew on my flood dose. I'm waiting for a few weeks for warmer weather because I am doing it in a cabin in the woods with a meditation buddy who is familiar with ayuaska, San Pedro and is a long time meditator. I also know a equidorian shaman who lives part time in my town who I will confer with. 

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 02:26:23 PM »
Thanks I really don't mind the taste. San Pedro is just as bitter, if not more. That I make into a tea. Adding lemon, brings out the alkaloids. I chewed about  .83 of a gram today. felt a numbing sensation in my mouth. Not really anything else? Still not sure how much to chew on my flood dose. I'm waiting for a few weeks for warmer weather because I am doing it in a cabin in the woods with a meditation buddy who is familiar with ayuaska, San Pedro and is a long time meditator. I also know a equidorian shaman who lives part time in my town who I will confer with.
Sounds good! If you don't feel anything from .83g within 24 hours (sometimes it's more pronounced at night), then your tolerance is probably high. 20-40g, maybe? I'm not an expert, here, maybe someone else can chime in, or you can look up dosages that people have used on erowid.org.