Author Topic: Jan '11 contest entry  (Read 2696 times)

Offline rho

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Jan '11 contest entry
« on: January 29, 2011, 07:49:49 PM »
Thanks http://cerberusextract.com for your generosity and goodwill to spread something that has become very important to me.

I began again. I placed my insecurities firmly where they belong. I kneeled down and lifted my struggling, wounded past self. I began again.

I’ve had so many struggles in my life, but that is not what this is about. Each person must struggle for freedom, but its each person’s character that determines how they engage their challenges. Several times in my life my mind has become overwhelmed with trauma shattered thought shards and I have lost the will to encounter my obstacles proudly and with dignity. I was slowly, subconsciously, committing suicide.

With the help of traditional medicine (san pedro, ayahuasca, and finally iboga) I became aware of how self destructive my behavior was. I was in denial of my insecurities and fears and frequently expressing hate towards myself. Pedro allowed me to look very clearly at my own family structure, and inspired some very positive changes in family conflicts. Aya made me look very deeply at myself, which saved my career. Iboga was not confined to such themes; my experience encompassed all of life.

These are the epiphanies I received after first encountering iboga: Love is connection between things; any connection between any thing. To remember something is to connect to and to love that thing. When people begin disconnecting and hating themselves they simultaneously forget the past. There is no sense in being ashamed of the past and attempting to block memories with hate and tension. I learned that by remembering my own past with love and affection I could fix a variety of ailments I had. My digestion improved. My breath improved. My posture improved. My sleep improved. My rhythm improved. My speech became clearer. My mind worked faster. My memory improved. I remembered who I am and how to improve myself. I learned that it is possible to remember and love one thing without forgetting and hating another.

So basically I was injured, and continued to walk with a limp long after the scars covered the wound. Iboga effortlessly removed the limp from my mind so I could heal myself. I plan to offer this experience to the people I love that struggle like I did in life. I want to share with my loved ones the feeling of that dark ominous sense of their life declining towards its end replaced by hope and rebirth. I am grateful.

I submitted this because it feels right to offer some words of experience in exchange for a chance to receive a valuable gift.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 08:31:49 PM by rho »

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
Re: Jan '11 contest entry
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 02:24:11 PM »
This is a beautiful post rho!  it's nice to hear others getting some of the same insights I have.  I love the teacher plants, and they too have helped me become who I am today.  They have helped my mental and physical health.  Good luck in the contest!
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jan '11 contest entry
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 11:46:29 AM »
Awesome post rho, thanks for putting this out here. Best of luck!
" I am you and what I see is me..."