Author Topic: My iboga grow  (Read 8607 times)

Offline Stoney

• View Profile
Re: My iboga grow
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 06:44:39 PM »
Thanks, Cal and Ins. I should take a pic of the flowers before they all drop off. I just went out and took a look and its too late. They didn't drop off like before but they withered up. There is a slight bulge at the base of the flowers. Do you suppose it could be a seed? I don't know if i'm supposed to get pods or individual seeds. I'd be thrilled with a few seeds. At least i'd know they were fresh. But they would be selfed seeds since no other plant flowered. The others just barely survived. I'm sure its been more than 4 months, seems like about a year or so.

Yeah, its me.

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 02:04:32 PM »
You'd think the seeds would come from the fruit...
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline rOm

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 04:25:29 PM »
very nice indeed stoney ! keep up the good work !
I look for a supplier of good seeds too. If anyone can pm me the whereabout.
Thanks.
Reclaim your Brain, Feed your Head.
Awaken the Heart, To the Core.

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 10:11:46 PM »
Yeah Stoney, I'm with GD - I reckon the seeds would come from the fruit...but man it sure is nice to see those pics, I know you have been working hard on those babies, keep lovin' them and they'll reward you bro!

PS> I'd eat the flowers that fell off. Just because.
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline Stoney

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 01:04:49 PM »
The flowers fell off after a cold spell but its been warm lately and i see more flowers on the largest plant. The others have not flowered yet but i have another one almost as large and i have hopes for it. If any of the flowers open i'll post up a pic. Does anyone know if they are self fertile?

Offline Stoney

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2012, 07:49:12 PM »
Today i saw a flower and i thought i'll have something nice to show to the group. It was white, about 1" long or a little less, perhaps a 1/4" wide at the opening and trumpet shaped. The sun was glaring so i decided to wait till later in the day. Then it rained and after the rain i went out. Unfortunately the flower had already fallen off. Lets hope that means a seed or seed pod will develop but i doubt it. All i saw left behind were stem stubs. I took a pic of some preflowers. I think perhaps the plant is too young to set seed just yet. Maybe later in the year it will or perhaps next year.

I tried to upload a photo but it wouldn't let me.

Offline Stoney

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 02:28:15 PM »
I heard from someone in another country who is growing a bunch of them outdoors. He says he has a number of them growing and flowering but not fruit forms. It may be like hbwr that need precise growing conditions, temp, photoperiod, humidity, etc before it will set seed. Another possibility is that local insects cant fert the flowers since the blooms are too long and narrow for the insects to get to the bottom. Hand pollenation may be the key.