Author Topic: Lifestyles of the Clean and Flooded  (Read 5062 times)

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Lifestyles of the Clean and Flooded
« on: June 20, 2011, 03:52:30 PM »
Ahoy Eboka-ites!

Our members have spoken...and we have listened (finally)  ;) - This here board has been a long time in the coming. Aside from the self-explanatory title I will go in to a few things about the content here:

There are plenty of places on Eboka for sharing 'war stories' and 'recipes' ...so this board ain't it.

Please do not post about 'dirty maintenance' or other drug protocols here - I know this can be a fine line sometimes, getting clean and staying clean - and we will certainly be patient with folks, but let's keep all the discussion here about drug-free positive ways to maintain a sober lifestyle.

I think even the word 'sober' can be tricky - for me, it means a state of mind. I know people who do recreational 'drugs' who are more 'sober' thank folks I know with 10+ years in a recovery program...when I speak about sober - I am speaking about the state of mind where an individual has cast off the fears and habits that kept them in active addiction, and has undertaken the journey to embrace responsibility and creativity and helping others do the same. That's a pretty good definition I think.

This ain't an AA/NA meeting - BUT - there are plenty of folks who use that 12 step model to great success and I do not want anyone to feel ostracized - there will most certainly be occasion for sharing the wisdom of recovery programs and yes, even peoples' belief in a Higher Power. Let's all be mindful of each others feelings and keep the discourse respectable at all times.

There's a ton left unsaid...and that's all right, time for you guys to chime in. I want to thank the member's who have been patient with me and for making the suggestions for this forum. Love to all - Calaquendi  ;D

~"It's not a race, it's a journey"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 03:56:52 PM by Calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
Re: Lifestyles of the Clean and Flooded
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 04:59:22 PM »
love you man .

Offline wetdough

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 09:13:16 AM »
calquendi, u is wise beyond your years!

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 11:59:48 AM »
 ;D Kind words wetdough...thank you. Now if only the rest of the planet would acquiesce lol...

Great to see you here dude and I'm beaming that you're pushing a month already - get up dude!!!  8)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:15:14 PM by Calaquendi »

Offline rOm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 03:30:57 PM »
Brilliant !
Reclaim your Brain, Feed your Head.
Awaken the Heart, To the Core.

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »
It seems as if this thread is not being used much, which is unfortunate.  I am very curious as to others experiences/tools/lifestyles in staying clean post flood. 

For example, I am about to do my yoga for the day.  It is good for me in so many ways.  First it provides me 30-1 hour for me and no one else.  If anyone has read or experienced the power of mindfulness, they know that even 10 minutes a day can make a difference.  There is something extremely powerful about yoga, linking breath to stretch/pose/flow.  There are many different types of yoga, but all follow the same foundation of linking breath to movement. 

I am not flexible at all.  But I will be.  There seems to be a lot of benefit for me from yoga in echoing the Iboga teachings, and living a healthy balanced lifestyle.  I only do it 3 times a week, and I want to get up to 4-5, and do classes.   I am still day 11 post flood, so my living room is just fine for now  :) 

Yoga, of course, is just one page in my book. 

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 12:11:31 PM »
23 days post most recent flood - twas Christmas

12 days of micro dosing since that flood

8 days consecutive of doing Mantra yoga

2 psychedelic experiences since flood (DMT and fungi)

0 relapse to any opiates

0 alcohol consumed since before flood

0 cigarettes moving forward (as of yesterday)

Infinite possibilities in life  8)

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 07:40:17 PM »
That is fantastic, awesome stuff there, man!

I am glad to have you here, your spirit is blazing and you jumped in to the boards with both feet, kudos!

Continued peace to you and thanks for sharing  :D

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 07:04:23 PM »
NOOPEPT!  Day 1.  This could be in the top 5 of my tool belt guys.  Next 2 weeks should be interesting, stoked!

http://eboka.info/index.php?topic=1731.msg15672;topicseen#msg15672

Offline beholder

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 09:24:14 PM »
Ok my proposition is to listen to music , and go for a fast walking at least 45 minutes quick walking. You will master it slowly, but it will be very rewarding for your body, except the health, you get the extra endorphines