Author Topic: HOLY FIRE 2  (Read 5695 times)

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
HOLY FIRE 2
« on: October 26, 2009, 09:52:47 PM »
Hello Eboka!  Here is recorded the TA iboga session that my brother experienced a few months ago. I copied from another forum the notes we took during his treatment. This is about as good as it gets, IMO...everything was thoroughly 'mapped out'- two medically trained and iboga experienced sitters present and attention to every detail. Thank you and God bless!

HOLY FIRE 2
Hello friends!

Here follows the notes (verbatim) we took last weekend during Brother's Eboka healing:

First some background:

Brother is 35 yr old smoker, (poly) opioid addicted for 12 years, treated for stage two hypertension, successfully, with medication(s) {note: ibogaine and TA Iboga CAN be taken concomitantly with BP meds as long as the medications for HT are employed correctly and regimen has proven to stabilize BP}

~NOTES~

LOG: FRIDAY 5.8.09

*5:50pm> took BP = 120/80 excellent. in acute withdrawal. took test-dose
(.5g TA extract.)

6:15pm> already feeling relief. color returned to face. feeling "dopey"

6:30pm> .1mg xanax (alprazolam) **use as prophylactic for anxiety and to keep BP manageable**

*7:00pm> BP = 130/80 went to lay down and collect thoughts...
(admin. 1g extract)

*8:15pm> BP = 126/80 (admin.2g extract) - feels fine physically. no w/d not thinking about finding drugs. damn im glad we live in a free country.

*9:37pm> BP = 118/78 (admin. 2g extract)

10:19pm> up and took a piss, starting to feel a little vertigo. no w/d. YOU KNOW IT!

10;32pm> BP = 118/78 OH YEAH! just had mighty B.M. starting to feel effects develop.

10:42> laying down, "starting to blow-up". increased sensitivity to sound.

*11:23> BP= 132/84 - YUP! intense 'tracers' , experiencing "lots of insights".
(admin. 1g extract)

*12 midnght> {.1 xanax} looked in; lucid, no w/d - bit shaky but communicative. confusion. took another (1g extract) to deepen - blew out candle.

*1:25am> feels good, feeling it strong, starting to see visuals: (People...Animals)...took a piss. "Can't seem to remember withdrawing"
(admin. 2g extract)

3:00am> DEEP - had vision of me walking in room. "just like you were really there" Looks good physically. Bombed in his head. PERFECT!
gave water

4:30am> check-in...homeboy is G O N E! it's glorious. looked peaceful. wonder what he's experiencing?? was going to chk BP but looks/feels good to the touch. don't want to disturb. so happy!!

*6:00am> BP = 120/80 !!! seems like everyone's prayers are being answered (again!?) doing fine. temporarily coherent, lots of vision, insight.
NO sick. helped up to piss. (admin. 1g extract)

10:30am> came out of bedroom...beginning to come down a bit - but still heavily intoxicated.

2pm-5pm> left Achtwan's for home. getting a little cooped and wanted to see his dog. had a frosty on way back. drinking water. still heavily influenced, waivering gait. unfocused. relaxing in basement.

9pm-10pm> soaked him in hotass tub. drifting back mentally. NO W/D, but spent. feels 'raw'. told him this is normal and temporary. hot bath/ light sedative {.1mg xanax} and some food (chik nuggitz/shake)
gave water and 3 aspirin.

11:00pm> lied down in cool basement - in thirty minutes he was out. SNORING like his usual snorry-self. Perfect!......

~NOTE~

As of this writing, Brother is FIVE DAYS on the other side, and is beginning to sleep easier ( has gotten about four to five hours of 'mixed' sleep since session). this is extraordinarily good. here follows a brief summary of some of Brother's visions in his own words:

" VISIONS I REMEMBER "

~Early : First - 'buzzing sound' & music?
Light (like stars?) appear and reappear

~Later : Humans in silhouette. @ some point my brother walked by foot of
bed and crouched down and crawled thru wall (?) wtf

~ A PRIDE OF LIONS and some trees...stars still "bubbling" then descended
into a vortex in the thousands - spiraled at my third-eye and spiraled
back up.

~Craziest : A HORSE in FULL COLOR, wind in mane, walking into stable....

SUMMARY

Brother took 10.5g total alkaloid extract. Based on the mean (5%) of Total Alkaloids in RB this comes to between 1.5 and 2 grams of pure alkaloids.
Difficult to know for certain the exact amount,(anyone have GC/MS?) but we think this method is pretty thorough. Twice in six weeks, have been right-on with it. Please know that this is posted only for research purposes. Ibogaine and Iboga's other alkaloids are amazing, but dangerous tools. Do Not be cavalier about this. Those of you considering this medicine as a possibility for yourself or a suffering loved one...please please read as much as you can get your hands on, make INFORMED decisions. Bless all of you, this forum and you folks have provided wonderful support!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

fallout330

Re: HOLY FIRE 2
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 10:20:13 AM »
Excellent notes Cal!  Really appreciate the time you took to express this!  I wish your brother well in his recovery!

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 07:53:17 PM »
Thanks for reposting, friend Cal.

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 05:28:30 PM »
My pleasure...

I would like to see more experiences in this forum! I have a few more forthcoming, hell even second-hand ones are welcome!

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 07:20:40 PM »
I think I remember bro is a big guy. What would you say his mg/kg was for this journey?
And, is this TA by the extraction method you have posted here and elsewhere?

Thankee-sai

Tia

PS- Jail sux

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 06:31:07 PM »
Hey sistah-

it's hard to say 'for sure' when you're dealing with a plant extract that's been concocted via such crude methodology - even plant materials from the same source, and same batch can vary considerably, not always of course but it can happen. But since we did use the same bark and same vendor etc....it's a fairly safe assumption that this was consistent- that, and we each used used it and such similar effects for the amount we respectively took. brother is 100kg (roughly) we used a protocol based on the assumption of the purported potency of the bark-which was advertised as between 4-6%. We decided on a mean of 5% for ease of dosing calculations, and the margin for error looked small enough to keep the whole affair safe...So by this thinking, bro was on roughly a 15mg/kg dosing schedule. Interestingly this is well under what the clinics use with hcl (20-25 mg/kg) but since it was so 'raw' and had ALL the alkaloid spectrum contained therein, we believe that the efficacy of this TA is at least as good as the hcl - that, and the experience itself was just substantially better in quality.

Try this on: 30g of root bark at 5% alk content is 1.5g of pure alks, and only half of that is ibogaine...the rest is ibogamine, ibogaline, and others which are, in themselves, 'stronger' than isolated ibogaine...they are metabolites of ibogaine, much as psilocin is a metabolite of psilocybin in mushrooms. Some shrooms contain higher levels of psilocin vs psilocybin, and they are generally considered more potent. Back to the numbers - 1.5g of total alkaloids were present in whatever amount of extract brother took (when determining the proper dose of a crude extract it's prudent to do the 'math' based on the amt of rootbark one begins with versus the amount of extract one comes out with...its much more accurate) so at 15 mg/kg and he being 100kg, we were right on the money...and it works this way. more could almost certainly be taken, but this is what we used, and there was material left for boosts...hope this clarified some things..this is the 'sticky' part for many, the dosing. many questions arise: but keep it simple. If one is going to do this on their own, use the root bark weight/% of alks as the rule for measuring dose. You cannot squeeze more alklaloids from the bark than it contains, even if you concentrate the extract, you're still not going to exceed 1.5g of alks per 30g of bark, dig. This is the best way to know what you're taking...peace!!

fallout330

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 11:12:13 AM »
Nice summary Cal.  I tend to forget about the other Ibogaine "like" alkaloids that are also present in the root.  I assume there hasn't been much study done on ibogamine and ibogaline.

I just noticed your signature, very cool man, the "mirror" analogy.  I'm currently reading Mushroom Wisdom by Martin W. Ball, and it also speaks about the same truth.

Thanks

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 09:05:19 PM »
Thank you fallout!

I seem to remember reading a bit about ibogamine - this is what ibogaine is metabolized into in the liver ostensibly, and pound for pound it's supposedly stronger than ibogaine. I can't find the link I was gonna drop you...I'll dig it up, you've got my gears turning man. Maybe we can start a thread about TA 'vs' ibogaine? Citing the pros/cons for each...

Yeah, my signature I took from the lyrics of Pink Floyd's "Echoes pt.1" - if you haven't seen it, check out their "Live in Pompeii" circa 1971. It's incredible-best music I have ever heard, beautiful video too!

Thanks for the reply man!

Nganga Nobunoni

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 07:11:10 PM »
Nice summary Cal.  I tend to forget about the other Ibogaine "like" alkaloids that are also present in the root.  I assume there hasn't been much study done on ibogamine and ibogaline.

I just noticed your signature, very cool man, the "mirror" analogy.  I'm currently reading Mushroom Wisdom by Martin W. Ball, and it also speaks about the same truth.

Thanks

Ibogamine and Ibogaline have simikliar effects to the metabolite 12 hydroxy-ibogamine' they last a very long time in blood plasma'

Coronaradine and Tabernanthine along with Ibogaine' Ibogamine' Ibogaline' Voacangine' Voacanamine' all have NMDA agonist effects'

I got a full list and tests done somewhere' shalll post somewhen'
Coronaradine is a powerful NMDA agonist'

Bliss!

Nobu +

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 07:18:24 PM »
Good stuff Nobu!

Nganga Nobunoni

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 07:45:49 PM »
Here are most of the alkaloids found in Tabernanthe iboga:

· ibogaine,
· ibogamine
· voacangine
· voacristine
· bosygaine
· ibogaline
· ibofyelidine
·
· iboxyfilline
· tabernatine
· ibolutein
· gabunin
· kisantin
· kimvulin
· desmethosyibolutein
· ibogainhydroyindolenin
· ibogamin
· hydrosyindolenin
· iboquin

Four major alkaloids present'

Ibogaine'
Ibogamine'
Ibogaline
Tabernathine'

The above is an assay of a single sample'

Also some strains contain' Coranaradine plus a bunch of other alks'

But we get the idea' I shall update as of when I find it'

Bliss!

Nobu +

fallout330

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 11:17:34 AM »
Nice list, thanks for that info.!

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 11:46:34 AM »
BTW, just a couple numbers to throw out.  Doing the simple freebase extraction in the first part of my tek, from 68g of rootbark of good quality.  With the same bark used by Calaquendi and several others, I yielded 5.8 g freebase.  So each gram of extract is about 11.7 g of bark.  

In each gram, if figuring only 50% purity, that would be .5 grams of total alkaloids, of which 50-70% is actual ibogaine.  These are all rough estimates and my extract could be much more pure, however taking the lower end estimates, this would mean that per gram of extract, it would contain .25 g+ of pure ibogaine.  That would mean for a dose of 1 gram of pure ibogaine it would take 4g of extract, however, the other 30-50% of the alkaloids in the extract also act in a synergistic manner with the ibogaine, so taking a full 20 mg/kg dose of pure ibogaine, might not be the best idea with a total alkaloid extract.  

My guess would be somewhere around 2-3 grams of the freebase extract would give around 1/2 to 3/4 gram+ of ibogaine, and another 1/2 to 3/4 grams of other iboga alkaloids, which may be a perfect extract dose for a 60-70kg person.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 09:29:59 PM by calaquendi »
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 08:55:24 PM »
That would mean for a dose of 1 gram of pure ibogaine it would take 4g of extract, however, the other 30-50% of the alkaloids in the extract also act in a synergistic manner with the ibogaine, so taking a full 20 mg/kg dose of pure ibogaine, might not be the best idea with a total alkaloid extract. 

Exactly right GD - whenever dosing with the full spectrum TA I go by the rule of considering all the alkaloids present- 15-20mg/kg of the TA. Dosing specs taken from the % of actual ibogaine could prove disastrous, there's no real way to determine how much alks are in there, specifically. Most 'commercial' bark available is in the 4-6% range.

We did our calculations to incorporate the other alkaloids as well as the ibogaine - so a 15mg/kg dose was exactly that, 15mg/kg of TOTAL ALKALOIDS - some of which are more potent on their own than ibogaine. I'd never try to calculate a dose of TA based on the assumption of 'how much ibogaine is in there'. Know the % of the TA you work with. Dose mg/kg to contain the full spectrum and do not rely on a guess to 'fix' the ibogaine number.

I had exceptional results with 15mg/kg of TA - even if only half that number was pure ibogaine, the 'other' alkaloids were totally active and worked to synergize, even 'gentle' the effects. People I know who have taken both TA and hcl favor the former, and I believe it's mainly because of the synergy with the additional chemicals present. I know I prefer to take a full spectrum plant experience over, say, isolated mescaline etc. I think this is similar.

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 05:47:55 AM »
I like TA extract the best so far.
I love my relation to its manufacture also .
I believe in magic.
Once I found out my dose in root bark i made my extract.
everything worked out just fine.
its seems that those that have done this with 25-30 grams of root bark end up with the roughly the same numbers in TA extract.
would this not mean there is a certain consistancy in the alkloid content (range) of these materials(root barks) ?
i believe it is important also to keep this whole process as close to the its form from which it was obtained .
The bwitti have all the alkloids present when the ceremonies are performed.
The isolation of a single alkoid seem to thumb its nose at this in some way to me.
its not the way its supposed to occur.
The whole band is supposed to be playing this tune to you - not one soloist !
I feel if you play it any other way you get the radio edit of that song .
  - not the version of that song the way the band (god) recorded it for you to hear .
Long Live The TA Extract !

mahalos
harvey plex