Author Topic: Iboga / shrooms / lsd / ayahuasca / peyote / lsa / dmt / etc  (Read 3459 times)

RavAv

I would be very interesting on people personal take on the similiarites and differences of the various psychotropic / psychedelic substances (I will try to add my own in the next few days)

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Iboga / shrooms / lsd / ayahuasca / peyote / lsa / dmt / etc
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 03:06:55 PM »
DMT for me was much like Salvia divinorum. Both smoked.
Similar wrenching feeling. Salvia had a soul I could sense, and was also told clearly, in words, by beings "This is not for you".
I could not find the soul in DMT, though I could sense an awareness of me being there. I felt as if I was an infant, beginner, someone who knows nothing.

Both I found frightening and undesirable, though I may try DMT again with better set and setting, and a sitter.

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 04:34:16 PM »
Mushrooms seem awfully similar to DMT, or vice versa.  DMT and mushroom visuals have definite similarities, although DMT is much more intense on normal smoked doses.  Mushrooms eaten last me much longer, are more gradual, less intense, and provide good lasting insights.  I haven't had ayahuasca, so I can't comment, but I am betting I have a pretty good idea what to expect, with my mushroom and DMT experiences.  I have snorted DMT, which lasts longer and is more gradual, but we'll reserve more comments for when I have the experience. 

LSD also gives me it's own signature type visuals.  More blurring and trails, less morphing and breathing, in average doses.  I am able to function easier, and feel more comfortable on the LSD come up.  It is more manageable around others, and my mind has more leeway to wander and find it's own answers, where as mushrooms seem to have their own definite agenda.  I can see the same things from both LSD or shrooms, but the shrooms feel like an earthly more domineering presence, where as LSD feels more cosmic.  From out there as opposed to earthy.  LSD has shown me oneness and connectedness, and I have had visions as powerful and locked in my head, similar to iboga visions, except this was on extreme doses.  I lost awareness of what my body was doing, and have come to in some pretty odd situations, so the doses I speak of are dangerous without some sitters, and possibly rope or duct tape, just in case.

Mescaline is the most gentle for me, and I have done various cacti, but only once that I am aware of, that it might have actually been peyote, but I am not 100% sure on that.  For mescaline though, I have an extremely high threshold.  It gives me mostly an enjoyable body high, and very transparent visuals.  I feel really nice, and have a little bit of visual effects, but I lack any real deep insight.  I have the mind state, but never any revelations.  It lasts an extremely long time in a dose high enough for me.  At doses of 500 mgs, I am just starting to get to the enjoyable range.  It causes me nausea, even pure, but it's not that tough to fight until I get over a gram and a half.  Those doses, while still not that insightful, are more enjoyable for me, and it often lasts a good 20+ hours.

Iboga gives me kind of a mescaline type feeling, but the visuals are totally different.  Low doses of iboga have visuals kind of similar to LSD, but the body feeling is different, and the LSD visuals are more blurry, where as iboga almost seems crisper or more clear.  Ibogaine in heavy doses, seems kind of similar to ketamine, with the ataxia, but my mind is usually much more focused, and less worried with iboga, as it just seems very gentle.  I have had some scary visions with iboga, but opening my eyes ends them.  I'll need some more experience with iboga to give much more description.

Ketamine I enjoy because on high doses I can almost manifest the scenery I want.  I feel much more empathetic and connected to everything.  It can cause a good bit of paranoia in me, though, and it also is easy to feel negative energy, so you can go to darker places, but it only lasts an hour or two intensely.  It is extremely good for meditation and for stretching as it helps push a little further without feeling so strained.  I felt like I tapped into the vibration of God or the universe, and have saw my family as the first people on earth.  I have done a good dose and put in a movie where I believed I was in the movie and interacting with the actors on screen, so it can be one hell of a ride, but I do think repeated binges or excessive use diminishes any benefits from it.

MDMA is useful in opening up with a loved one, or working through issues, but as a love or club drug I find it lacking so I don't enjoy feeling that way with just anyone.  It feels extremely good for the body, and it removes inhibitions, so it makes discussing things with someone easier, and that can often bring out repressed feelings which can do wonders for a relationship or for healing, as long as it's remembered and integrated into times when you're not on it..

I'll add more things as I think of them, or I'll come back and add more as I think of things to say..  :)
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

fallout330

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 05:01:49 PM »
Great thread.

Salvia does seem bring fear to me Tia, I probably will never try that one.  DMT seems intriguing, but seems like a harsh journey.  

The only one so far has been Psilosybe Cubensis mushrooms(Golden Teacher and Alacabenzie) strains.  I have not ventured passed the 1-1.5 gram mark, so I have limited experience here.

Thanks for sharing that GD

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 07:01:21 PM »
Oh yeah, forgot about ol' sally d...  LOL  On salvia, it feels like I am being sucked backwards into a 2 dimensional state, and I hear a sound like a huge fan blade behind me in a tunnel, going whooosh, whooosh, whooosh, and each whooosh, I feel I am fading, or being sucked, backwards.  I get funny flickers at my peripheral vision, and feel extremely startled and uncomfortable.  That is about as far a I ever get, and I obviously don't enjoy it that much, so haven't pushed much further.  Upon coming down, I feel tired, sweaty/clammy, and worn out.  I am usually slightly irritated, as well.  Salvia must not like me all that much, or else she's just kinda bitchy.  Whatever the reason, I ain't saying I wouldn't ever do it again, but it isn't high on my list.  Perhaps chewing a quid of fresh leaves would be more the method for me, because smoking it gets pretty unpleasant.

DMT has a similar intensity, but the pure white stuff, is not nearly physical at all.  It's pure visuals, and a comfortable feeling, although I have choked on some smoke before and thought I was dying.  That feeling quickly subsided, and I was soon laughing.  DMT has been slightly frightening on occasion but it's always much more comfortable than salvia, definitely is after the first few minutes, and I always feel a lot better afterward.  I feel more relaxed, and calm.  I feel like I have just been let in on a little secret that makes EVERYTHING really okay in the universe, even though I have no way to explain any of that secret to another human, as there are no words to describe it.

The yellow, or impure DMT from mimosa bark, gives a very similar trip to the white, but it takes more to get the same intensity eyes closed visions.  It gives much more fuzzy open eye visual distortions, and causes a much stronger body sensation.  Sometimes it has even been slightly painful, where I felt like a pain shoot through my kidneys.  It's not like I want scream out in pain, but it definitely felt like it wanted to flush my kidneys of toxins.  The first time I smoked some of the orange goo that wasn't totally crystallized yet, I had that feeling, and had to run to the bathroom to pee.  I have only felt that feeling a couple times when smoking darker yellow or orange DMT, and maybe it's just a freak occurrence, but it was one thing I noticed. 

Many other times on the yellow DMT it just provides a body buzz almost similar to MDMA or mescaline with nice open eye visuals.  It really makes things look a different shape, size or color, and no matter if you blink, rub your eyes, whatever, it looks that way for at least a few minutes.  Smoking more to get past that is often hard, because everything you normally see just looks so remarkably odd.  Pushing past this will begin to give white flashes, almost like the iboga flickers, and lots of kaleidescopic closed eye visuals of many colors.  Still when you push on past that, is when you really start to feel a presence or many see entities, elves, insects or aliens.  This is the level at which I would consider a breakthrough, and when you can actually start to get some actual story or meaning to the trip.  It's kind of hard to push that far for a beginner, but it is so, so worth it!
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

RavAv

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 07:03:03 AM »
okay - the short version (much of this is from old memories)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 03:36:09 PM by VaVar »