Author Topic: Today is the day!  (Read 5398 times)

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
Re: Today is the day!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 07:17:17 PM »
Thing is, I don't have to quit weed.  I can if I want, and almost have before, but since I grow it, it's nice to smoke it and eat it.  I smoked for so long, that I quit just to be able to get high again, and I didn't get any withdrawal.  I was slightly irritable for a few days but nothing big. 

I think there are plenty of useful drugs, and I was only seeking to remove the withdrawal from opiates, so I could quit.  I didn't really have anything out of control in my life with the opiates, I just didn't want to need something to feel normal.  So I used iboga to quit.  I will use it again for cigarettes probably in a few months, if I haven't already kicked them by then.  I like psychedelics and don't have any desire to quit using them or cannabis, so I have achieved most of my goal.  Other than cigarettes, I am happy with where I am. 

Iboga is a learning tool, just like mushrooms, ayahuasca, LSD, or cactus.  They all have a place in my learning, so I will continue to enjoy them.  I did just fine for 5 years, and used relatively few drugs for much of that time, although I do trip pretty frequently.  Smoking cannabis is pretty much a daily thing, but I don't have to smoke to be okay.  I only got back on the opiates because I was injured.  I don't like any of the really addictive drugs like speed, coke, and opiates.  Benzos I have to just stay away from, because I enjoy them too much.

I am very confident I can use the drugs I choose without becoming obsessed, as I have grown up a whole lot, and I know the outcomes for nearly every drug I can do.  I enjoy traversing inner space, and feel there is still more to be unlocked.  Removing the opiates allows me to tune in so much more.

Thanks for your concern!
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Nganga Nobunoni +

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 01:04:03 AM »
Beautiful to see you shinning brother'
Awesome stuff for sure' now you can experience all of them light plants unhindered'

Be Well!

Love'

Nobu +

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 11:07:22 PM »
Thanks Nobu, also I've noticed, I do still get the goosebumps, but it just doesn't bug me much when I am stoned.  I also don't think I've ever had such meaningful, and powerful trips, before (my first experience with) iboga, although I have always been pretty in tune.  After iboga, though, even my LSD trips have shown me amazing things, and allowed the energy to flow through me properly to produce what might be referred to as a kundalini experience.  I'd hate to give up any of the wonderful tools in my arsenal, especially after kicking out the numbing factor of opiates.  Iboga allows me to appreciate everything more fully, even the pain, and it's exhilarating.
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 11:35:08 PM »
It has always seemed to me that reasons for doing things are primal influences on the results.  Not that I haven't consumed rare and exotic substances with the sole intention of partying by brains out, mind you...

Much easier to run your energy into the ground if all you want to do is get high...  If all you do is get high.

Look at Francis Crick, had a vision of the double-helix and revolutionized genetics while trippin' on LSD.

I rest my case.

~eon
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:36:45 PM by Eon T McKnight »