Author Topic: My life story...(long story short but still too long)  (Read 13881 times)

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: My life story...(long story short but still too long)
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 12:07:39 PM »
Heya GoatB!

One thing that stood out for me was that you said you know it takes a few days to a week to recover. This is partially true. In my experience, after three days you will be able to minimally function. Not that you will still be ataxic, or out of your gourd, but that you will still have so much going on inside you that you may not even want to speak. To anyone.

All your defenses will be removed, until you build them back again. This can be so very disconcerting at first, even overwhelming. You will likely find yourself seeking quiet and restful places. Nature is best, fo sho. Rush hour traffic, a shopping mall, an airport, even a grocery store can be WAY too much input. You'll be vulnerable for a time.

If at ALL possible, give yourself two weeks or longer with very reduced responsibilities. Please hear this. I had two weeks, and I could have used four to good effect. I know you have responsibilities, of course. See if you can't find ways to reduce demands on yourself for as long as possible after.

Talk soon,
Tia

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 12:31:53 PM »
Happy, please allow my humble self to quote the ancient august Zen Master of Eternal Virtue:

Perfect mind is no-mind;
     Perfect voidness is non-voidness.
     Perfect moderation?
     The liberation of joyful non-moderation!

Or something like that...    ;)

Peace, Love & Emptyness!

eon

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 10:57:16 AM »
I laid around getting stoned for a month, and then my energy and drive has been slowly kicking in.  Got out to a festival this last weekend, and ate some LSD.  Everything is going well for me now, and I am so thankful I had a month to do nothing, as it allowed for minimal stress, which made it easy to get through.
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline goatboy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 01:26:49 PM »
A month...dam.  I don't think I have a month of free time like that.  I am 'laid-off' currently but also just found out the house I'm living in right now got sold, is being inspected this week, and I have till early May to pack up all my stuff and move somewhere else.  Trying to look at having to move a week or two after I used eboka as a good thing...I figured the move might help me actually.  For life change.  And considering I have several 'buddies' that live within a block radius constantly coming over w/ shit, or seeking it.  I should be good to go for the most part right? 

And usually when I'm bored is when I want to get high the most/easiest, I can't lay around for a month not thinking bout it, well I haven't been able to up to this point of my life yet...So after a week of good eating and such, I was planning on keeping myself as busy as possible.  Not good idea?

Rise, Run, Feed, Ripen, Wound, Wither, Fall, Rise Again...

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 02:59:39 PM »
Hey B,

Everybody is different, for sure. You'll be able to function in a week, most likely, but it might be more strenuous than you think. You also might not sleep well for a good long time.

For me, laying around was exactly what I wanted to do, and it's really not my style. I wanted to get to know the changes in me better, to listen, and also to not have to deal with things too practical. It felt like I was interrupting the flow, if you will. Also, no defenses. I had none for a couple weeks. This can make it very uncomfortable to deal with people.

You'll do this the way it seems best for you. The positive change of environment might be exactly what you need.

T

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 06:30:18 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I could get up and do shit, but with my heavy cannabis smoking for my minor PAWS, as well as my lack of energy and drive, I just laid around watching TV.  Now I did get up, cook, and straighten up the house.  I took walks and stuff, or jumped on the exercise bike, but I spent a good deal of time away from the computer, where I had to concentrate and think of stuff to say.  My body felt okay, tired, but okay.  I just had the ability to take the time to get better, so I did.  I definitely could have started doing shit sooner, but it felt good to take it easy.  And as I said, after about a month, I started getting my energy back, and getting the urge to get out.  I feel exceptionally good now, and have returned to my self before opiates.  I'd say two weeks would be good enough, and one week is doable, but having a longer time made it easier for me..
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 07:12:42 PM »
Rush hour traffic, a shopping mall, an airport, even a grocery store can be WAY too much input. You'll be vulnerable for a time.

Boy I feel this - I was at a shopping mall with achtwan about 48 hours after I ate 30g of bark - standing in line at the Chick Fil-A things were cool but I was feeling pretty spastik in the busy environment when all of a sudden this real hot girl (woman, lady) came up and I mean she practically jumped in my pocket...this is kind of a big deal because I haven't dated in a while and I've been feeling like 'getting back out there' for some time, but have been dealing with lots of spastic emotional stuff...the timing was impeccable.

She was throwing ridiculous signs at me, shit a blind person couldn't miss - but still in good taste (whatever) and what did I do?

I froze like she was a snarling pitbull...I almost cried when I left, sandwich in hand, befuddled...this is NOT like me, or at least not the way I used to respond. I was a real gregarious guy - very outgoing and responsive, but this blindsided me. I was still so geeked from the ibo it seemed like a bad joke. Damn I've wanted to talk about this forever.

I had to forgive myself for this transgression and realize I was not in the mindset to strike up a conversation. God knows what would have come out of my mouth. It wasn't fair. It was all her fault for real, coming at me while I was still vulnerable. I guess I need to go back to Chick fil-A.
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline goatboy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2010, 04:22:54 PM »
Thanks guys  :) Really appreciate the feedback.

And Tonight I plan to be going on my 'trip' to eboka land...(really hope this 2.6g TA does the trick, I am planning on taking ALL of it)

Keep me in your thoughts for the next day or two...I need all the healing power I can get.

And hopefully I will be starting a positive new thread under the experiences category in the not too distant future...

Will update when I get a chance.

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2010, 04:40:36 PM »
You didn't get any more precipitate after adding more ammonia to the vinegar?  2.6 g of the brown freebase TA is likely about 1.3 g of total actual alkaloids, which might be just enough, but I would probably try for more, if possible..
GratefulDad

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 11:22:26 PM »
I am on my phone and can't see what day this was posted. it's sunday as I write. my prayers are with you.  I am hoping you have enough of what you have to go where you want to go. big love to you, let us know when you can how it goes. reach out if you need. message me if you read this, I will give you my number, i'm sure many here would do the same. we're with you.

Offline goatboy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2010, 07:12:33 AM »
So this 2.5g. TA 'extract' didn't work.  I don't get it and this is most disappointing.  Instead of reaching any stages of anything like vision or introspective, I was just disoriented (not really able to walk for a little more than a day, or pout anything for shit...really shakey) and shitty feeling for a couple days.  Not even a good feeling.  

That's what I got after seeing 50 gm. RB through the whole procedure that I studied over and over again....Still have the liquids but probably just wastes.  Don't know what to do...ya know.  But what really bothers me was...Was this MY fault (and I thought I did a very good job with the extract except for the smaller yield), or was it really the venders (Was it not real shit, I mean it was a mislabeled which I feel you shouldn't do with ANY chemical or whatnot. but they told me it would be...but the vendor seemed pretty 'reliable', idk how I should contanct them yet..(pm me if you want to ask the vend)) But this is a pretty shitty addition to my story, that's for sure...if anyone might have ANY ideas, please let me know or ask w/e you wanna and I will let you know.  I'd really like to at least know what went wrong here...and if there's anything I  can do to help the situation...please help..1/2gms of boi doesn't help either.

Oh, and btw I even took pics throughout all the steps kind of similar to the pictures in the tek extraction except it was an base added solution used..just in case but idk...def. a sad experience....
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 07:17:00 AM by goatboy »

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2010, 09:29:19 AM »
I am sorry for your uneventful experience.  It's very hard to say what could have gone wrong.  The extraction is awfully easy, an it sounded like you were doing it properly.  If you don't mind PMing the source of bark, I can try to ask around to see how people's experience with them were.  My extract was about exactly what I was expecting, and it worked like I expected it too.  I imagine you just did not get enough alkaloids in. 

Also, with iboga, if you don't lay back and close your eyes, you may never even notice any of the visionary stuff.  It takes a good dose to really get fully submerged in the visions, and laying down with your eyes closed helps a lot in letting the visions flow.  If you'd like to share the pics and/or the process, I can dissect it and see where anything could have went wrong.  Don't give up, I didn't get enough in my second iboga experience, but still had a pretty powerful experience, but the withdrawal did come back.  I had to better prepare the second time and just get more alkaloids in.  You can try to further extract the alkaloids, from the bark or juice you have, but you'll likely need more bark.  I'd say 100 grams of good bark would probably be enough for the flood, and boosters.

Hope you're not too discouraged, I'll try to do anything I can to help ya out..
GratefulDad

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2010, 10:58:44 AM »
Freebases have poor pharmacodynamics.  That is why most all prescription medications are acid salts.  But don't believe anything I say.  Find out for yourself.  Get yourself a book on pharmacology.  Do the research.  Freebases are not absorbed as quickly or as reliably as acid salts.  Unfortunately, I do not have the time today to find more references.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=3&ved=0CBIQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmediaserver.aapspharmaceutica.com%2Fmeetings%2F09_PPB%2FThu%2FTrack_II%2FKesisoglou.pdf&rct=j&q=pharmacodynamics+freebase+salt+absorption&ei=8YHES8bXCsP58Aaf9cDeDw&usg=AFQjCNHM9d9KArovU0yu7vVQKKdI60dkvA

Effect of API Properties on Bioavailability through Absorption Modeling
Filippos Kesisoglou, PhD, Pharmaceutical R&D, Merck Research Laboratories

High Percentage of Poorly Water-Soluble Compounds in Development
? Estimates for NCEs currently in development suggest that less than 10% of the compounds meet the high solubility criteria
Based on data from Benet LZ, Wu CY. "Using a Biopharmaceutics Drug Disposition Classification System to Predict Bioavailability
and Elimination Characteristics of New Molecular Entities". In. NJDMDG, Somerset, NJ; 2006.

Impact of Poor Aqueous Solubility on Clinical Formulation Development
? Low and variable bioavailability
? Deviations from the desired dose proportionality in the early Phase I studies
? Clinical food effect
? Need for high doses to obtain the necessary exposures and pharmacodynamic effects in clinical studies
? Increase in API needs and cost
? Need for employment of resource-consuming and high cost non-conventional formulation technology

API properties are a major consideration in formulating BCS II/IV compounds
? API form properties
? Salt formation is a commonly used approach to improve bioavailability
• increased dissolution rate, supersaturation, in vivo generation of amorphous material after precipitation
? Amorphous forms can provide significantly higher solubility and thus bioavailability
? Polymorphs can exhibit significantly different solubility
? API bulk properties
? Surface area/Particle size (and particle size distribution) can have a significant impact on dissolution rate for poorly soluble compound

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2010, 12:21:02 PM »
That definitely makes sense, but also there is lots of hydrochloric acid in your stomach, so the freebases should be converted in the body, but it may also be why the come up on the freebase takes so long.  To turn the freebase into a salt is pretty easy, though, and is covered in the extraction.
GratefulDad

Offline goatboy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 11:36:07 AM »
so 50 gm. RB = not enough for freebase

and freebase is just poor way of taking medicines, all in all....

FUCK

I guess once I get a couple hundred more dollars and everything all worked out as perfect again, I will try again.

Not looking good for now...

Maybe I'll just get the HCL instead of taking anymore risks.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:04:19 PM by goatboy »